Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cyroute
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I have a gottlieb atlantis that i puchased from someone that said everything was working of course it was not. The last two numbers on the score wheel keep staying charged in the middle of the game they randomly start going non stop till the ball drains then they stop till the middle of next ball again. (Have been told to check for stuck switch on playfield nothing seems stuck to me) also two wires are taped together in the back to keep it from accepting quarters for plays (id love for it to be original and off free play but once i seperate the wires and turn it on the game starts clicking and doesnt stop like its stuck in start up mode) last but not least problem is the bottom two sides dont register points unless i take the playfield off and press the ball really hard against it but sometimes not even then(i have tried cleaning the contact with business card anyone in central Virginia want to come out and check it out for me and help me fix this hopefully fun game id greatly appriciate it.

#2 4 years ago

Sometimes playfield switches appear open when they really aren't. You can start by inserting a small piece of paper or cardstock between all playfield switches and see if it still does it. If it does, then it's not the playfield switches. If it doesn't, start removing the paper one switch at a time until it starts again and you will have isolated the problem. Drop target switches can also be an issue.

#3 4 years ago

Thank you for the response i will try that hopefully it works.

#4 4 years ago

Did this start after the game was moved?

Sometimes, relays can get jostled in transit and the switch blades seated in the plastic actuator yokes can get knocked askew. Also try to look at the other end of the scoring switches where the wires solder on. Sometimes, they can get impacted and be touching each other, which is functionally identical to a closed switch.

#5 4 years ago

If you disconnect the playfield from the game via the jones plugs in the cabinet that will tell you if the problem is on the playfield or somewhere else. If it still scores when the playfield is not connected then you have an issue in the head or the cabinet.
Joe

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-my-atlantis-really-is-lost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.