(Topic ID: 87554)

Help me with trim/armor decision on MET monster premium.

By Jeff_PHX_AZ

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What would you choose for the MET Monster Premium trim package”

• Black powder coat trim/armor 1 vote
    6%
  • Chrome trim armor/trim 1 vote
    6%
  • Purple powder coat 14 votes
    88%

(16 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
102817.jpg
image-39.jpg
image-587.jpg
image-913.jpg
image-302.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Trying to decide on what trim/armor will look good on the Monster Premium. Black powder trim with "lollipop" style rails, Chrome trim/armor or purple powder coat trim/ armor? Problem is, I'am not into the color purple to much, and have not seen many pictures with the monster prem. with black powder, have seen zero pictures with a chrome package, but have seen several with the purple powder coat. Anyone have pictures with aftermarket black powder trim/armor on the MET prem.? It hard to visualize it without pictures. What would you decide on for the monster edition? The purple is starting to grow on me some, but I keep thinking Metallica (the band), and chrome comes to mind. Thanks.

#2 10 years ago

the purple actually fits very well on this machine given the art package, but I can understand if you're hesitant at being stuck with something that you do not fancy. steve from 'the pinball refinery' brought one with purple legs, side rails and backbox hinges to MPE 2 weeks ago and it looked really nice

I'm not a fan of chrome myself. once you touch it, if you have any OCD tendencies, you have to keep a microfiber cloth close by and will find yourself continually polishing the fingerprints off of it.

charcoal or black nickel might look nice

#3 10 years ago

I like the purple from pinball refinery. Looks sweet!

#4 10 years ago

I have the Pinball Refinery Purple Monster and it looks awesome. Go to their website and you can see it.

Everyone that sees it comments on how good it looks.

Good luck!
Ed

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I have the Pinball Refinery Purple Monster and it looks awesome. Go to their website and you can see it.
Good luck!
Ed

pm sent.

Also anyone have some pictures of there machine so I can get an idea or is everyones candy purple and just stock? I'am digging pinball refinery's powder coated apron, would this go good with the candy purple trim, or too much purple? Also say I decide on this purple, what color flipper buttons would look good and I was thinking total chrome shooter housing and chrome rod, or chrome shooter housing only with stock black knob shooter rod? Thanks for the help. Just wanna make the right decision on this trim, apron, flipper buttons, and shooter housing and rod.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Good luck!
Ed

Same here, awesome. Perfect fit with that skittles met cabinet.

#7 10 years ago

Not the greatest pics with an iPad but I hope it helps.

image-302.jpgimage-302.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image-913.jpgimage-913.jpg image-587.jpgimage-587.jpg image-39.jpgimage-39.jpg
#8 10 years ago

That purple candy armor is fantastic.

#9 10 years ago

I still regret that I couldn't swoop on that Refinery Premium that was for sale last month or so, because that purple with the 'pro' cabinet is really hot. It's the color of royalty, it looks like nothing else you'll ever get in your gameroom, just do it!

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Not the greatest pics with an iPad but I hope it helps.

image.jpg 228 KB

image-302.jpg 210 KB

image-913.jpg 253 KB

image-587.jpg 194 KB

image-39.jpg 248 KB

Wow man, I'am starting to dig this purple. What type of flipper bats are those? They look grey in the photos. Are they chrome bats, also what color other then chrome for the flipper buttons? Is the apron real nice, and is it bright down in the arch area with the upgrade? This what I'am going to order this purple armor with powder coated purple apron. Looks crazy amazing. Thanks for posting. There website don't really show pics of the apron, and the apron really sets off the machine. What other goodies did you have done? I'am making a list currently of add ons.

#11 10 years ago

The bats were installed by Pinball Refinery as well. Chrome with yellow rubber. The buttons chrome as well. I didn't do the entire Refinery package but am going to order some of their light effects. When I show people the purple legs, rails and apron they are stunned it wasn't done at the factory. I think the regular apron would look a little bland with the entire purple package. It is a great looking package.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

The bats were installed by Pinball Refinery as well. Chrome with yellow rubber. The buttons chrome as well. I didn't do the entire Refinery package but am going to order some of their light effects. When I show people the purple legs, rails and apron they are stunned it wasn't done at the factory. I think the regular apron would look a little bland with the entire purple package. It is a great looking package.

Did you take the cards out for the photos or have you found any good ones to fill the space?
I'am going to have Refinery do mine with the purple armor, with purple apron, it s must, why not. I think I like them chrome bats, the chrome shooter housing is chrome and not the shooter rod, chrome flipper buttons. So theres not to much chrome and it all tie's into the chrome t-molding going around the head, I dig it. Dylan you have the back box and under cab lighting? I'am getting those, like the effect. Shaker motor also, and FF speaker upgrade, creepin death blades and speaker panel, just to name a few add ons. Thanks for posting those pictures, I'am sold on the purple, and the whole set-up you have.

Anyone else have some pictures of there custom trim/armor?
Anyone use black powder coat on there MET? Like to see pictures of the variety. Starting to think either people just leave them stock, or get them purple. No chrome or othe colors for trim/armor.

#13 10 years ago

Purple looks hot on that art package. IMO.

#14 10 years ago

Here is a thread with some pics of an LE with a chrome package:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-le-chromed-out

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from dug:

I like the purple from pinball refinery. Looks sweet!

Purple looks really good . it is a great color

#16 10 years ago

Here is a version of chrome on an pro / premium cabinet:

102817.jpg102817.jpg

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

102817.jpg 55 KB

I like this, chrome the shooter housing as well, and get the chrome apron to complete the package. I just not so much into the "Metallica" laser cut-out. I would much rather have the "ride the Lightning" with the lightning bolts laser cut out on the sides. Still diggin the purple though.

#18 10 years ago

The purple looks better than the pics above, it fits very well. If you don't like purple, examine the pic above, and see that you can go with green/orange/black/or red, but after comparing in a paint tool, the metallic purple is the best compliment to side art and playfield.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

102817.jpg 55 KB

I don't know, what do you think of the chrome here? Picture it without the "metallica" cut out, instead picture "ride the lightning" on the side rails. Chrome on this cab., yay or nay?

#20 10 years ago

How about a complimentary shade of metallic green??? I love the green on BBB.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

102817.jpg 55 KB

I like that chrome too. Better than i thought i would. But i think the purple still wins my vote.

Now having said that. If they offered an inverse of this (black with chrome/silver metallica lettering) that may be interesting...

#22 10 years ago

My TZ is fully chromed. Very cool looking but it is a finger print magnet. Keep in mind that my pictures didn't really show the cabinet artwork. The purple in the rails and legs matches the purple in the artwork perfectly. That is the effect that really makes the powder coat trim look like a complete package.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's the color of royalty, it looks like nothing else you'll ever get in your gameroom, just do it!

You mean other than my TPF award winning STTNG, right?

Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

How about a complimentary shade of metallic green???

My wife and I want to do this. Probably not that BBB shade, but yeah.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.50
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 29.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-with-trimarmor-decision-on-met-monster-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.