Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by JPloof
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hey everyone. Looking for some thoughts on which direction you all think I should take. Here's the situation.

I have room for one NIB purchase this year. This will probably be all that's in the cards this year. Yet the rumours are running rampant on what's up next in Stern vault land. Not long ago I had both a Tron and LOTR which I had to move because of a work relocation that ended up being an awful experience. I loved both of these pins for different reasons, and in hindsight I should have probably tried to keep both in storage. If a vault of either of these comes up, I'll probably be a bit upset if I don't have the cash to fund a NIB on either. Especially LOTR, I didn't realize how much of a gem this game is until it was gone.

So here's where I'm at. I currently have a Star Trek Pro which is a great game. Im on a list with a local distributor if a MMR LE comes up. So now it's time to talk about my medieval madness addiction. Ive played this game to death on pinball arcade and would love the opportunity to have a NIB in my collection of the remake. This game does not tire to me, I could hit those ramps and bash the castle all day long. This game is epic. But this being said, would then hate to bite on this only to have LOTR vault be confirmed shortly after. As I 'can' get my fix on this game through pinball arcade.

So here is my question. Should I bite the bullet on a sure thing if a MMRLE comes up for sale. Or do I pass on the hopes that one of the games I've loved and really want back in my collection is one of the next vaults? If iron man is any indication these will be limited and tough to get NIB if I dont pull the trigger almost immediately once announced. I can probably get a MMR NIB for a while after (standard) if I wait. But I would hate to pass on MMR only for stern to not release a vault of either Tron or LOTR this year.

Wish I had a crystal ball here. Would hate to wait only to not be able to purchase any of these NIB.

#2 9 years ago

buy a nice used one. one that actually exists...

#3 9 years ago

If you worried about it losing money and don't know which one will lose more money, don't buy any. They all lose money (except the 2% of the time it doesn't). NIB is always a losing venture. Buy a nice HUO one and use the money towards another game.

#4 9 years ago

Buy a nice lord of the rings from some one who is ready to let one go, then save for the other machine you would like to add.

#5 9 years ago

Not worried about the machine losing money, just worried about not having the funds if say I pull the trigger on MMR and then a vault edition comes up. With that being said, yeah, I could always look at nice HUO, especially down the road if I miss out on a vault. The market on nice HUO in western Canada sucks though, it's tough to find good games with the right pricing. I think it's the NIB allure that has me right now.

#6 9 years ago

There is always going to be something new or rumored down the road. MMR is real and if you love it so much, how can you go wrong buying one? Finding a nice used LOTR should not be hard and cheaper than a new pin.

#7 9 years ago

Just drive down here to the states and snag some of our stuff. It's cheaper for you in the long run anyway.

#8 9 years ago

Gonna go with MMR and then see what the rest of the year brings. Thanks for the input.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
12,028 (OBO)
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-with-my-next-purchase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.