New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 268093)

Help Me Verify My Account Please

By Corey_Fleming

5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Dee-Bow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 months ago

Hello!
    I'm only 15 and I don't have PayPal or a credit card. I've been a Pinside apprentice for over a year and really want to become verified. If anyone wants to vouch for me I'll be eternally greatful and I'll build a shrine in your honor!
    Thank you so much!
    Corey

#2 5 months ago

Welcome! I was 15 once also.

I don't know how/where to vouch but I used a coin to get you a ❤.

They were out of 1-ups...

#3 5 months ago

I’ll vouch for you Mario. I’ve known Super Mario for a while now. Met him back when Nintendo came out. This poor guy has been through a lot, but no matter what challenges life through at this guy, he always perceived.

#4 5 months ago

Thank you so much guys! It means the world to me!

3 weeks later
    #5 4 months ago

Hi! I’m also 15 and would really appreciate if someone could vouch for me. Is anyone willing to help out? Thanks, Leo

#6 4 months ago
    Quoted from Leosclam:

Hi! I’m also 15 and would really appreciate if someone could vouch for me. Is anyone willing to help out? Thanks, Leo

What part of the world are you located in? I may be able to put you in touch with a local event organizer so someone local to you can get to know you and verify you.

#7 4 months ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

What part of the world are you located in? I may be able to put you in touch with a local event organizer so someone local to you can get to know you and verify you.

Suburb of Chicago Illinois

#8 4 months ago

well there is plenty of pinball in chicago. I'm sure someone can verify him in real life.

#9 4 months ago
    Quoted from Leosclam:

Suburb of Chicago Illinois

Send a message to Stern and see if they are doing factory tours right now. While you're there mention that you're trying to get verified on Pinside. https://sternpinball.com/support/contact-us/

#10 4 months ago

I would but I’m pretty sure they’re not doing factory tours for now. I contacted them to ask. Is there any other way I can prove I’m a legit account?

#11 4 months ago
    Quoted from Leosclam:

I would but I’m pretty sure they’re not doing factory tours for now. I contacted them to ask. Is there any other way I can prove I’m a legit account?

What suburb? There’s a lot of pinsiders in the area

#12 4 months ago
    Quoted from Leosclam:

Leo, you're asking for someone to verify you when you have 20 post, you have your location as unknown and joined a month and a half ago. With all the scams going on, see below post, people on here are going to be reluctant to verify you. As others have mentioned, it would be best to get someone local that you can build a rapport with and then they will verify you. Chicago has a big pinball following so it wont be hard!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attention-don-t-get-scammed#post-5665742

#13 4 months ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Leo, you're asking for someone to verify you when you have 20 post, you have your location as unknown and joined a month and a half ago.

Not to mention he has "sclam" in his username. Obvious sclammer, IMO.

#14 4 months ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Not to mention he has "sclam" in his username. Obvious sclammer, IMO.

my last name is Sclamberg. I don’t think any person capable of scamming is dumb enough to have a giveaway in their username lol

#15 4 months ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Leo, you're asking for someone to verify you when you have 20 post, you have your location as unknown and joined a month and a half ago. With all the scams going on, see below post, people on here are going to be reluctant to verify you. As others have mentioned, it would be best to get someone local that you can build a rapport with and then they will verify you. Chicago has a big pinball following so it wont be hard!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attention-don-t-get-scammed#post-5665742

You’re totally right! My record doesn’t really prove me not a scammer quite yet. Thanks for all the help! You can also check out my Instagram to see I’m a real person. My Instagram is leosclam

#16 4 months ago

Seems like any scammer or legit pinball hobbyist can spare $5 anyhow. Not exactly a cheap hobby.

#17 4 months ago
    Quoted from Thomas3184:

Seems like any scammer or legit pinball hobbyist can spare $5 anyhow. Not exactly a cheap hobby.

That’s true. If any scammer really wanted to be verified they could just pay the $5. I’m 15 though and my parents would be annoyed if I spent $5 to be verified on pinside (they’re not exactly pinball enthusiasts)

2 weeks later
    #18 3 months ago

I can vouch for you. Just find "have someone vouch for you" on the verification page. And put in Corey_Fleming so I can verify you

#19 3 months ago
    Quoted from Leosclam:

That’s true. If any scammer really wanted to be verified they could just pay the $5. I’m 15 though and my parents would be annoyed if I spent $5 to be verified on pinside (they’re not exactly pinball enthusiasts)

careful what you wish for.. this ain't no normal sandbox around here!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Protection
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Arizona Pinball
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 9,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 9.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Bent Mods
    $ 9.00
    Playfield - Other
    Hdmike mods
    $ 149.99
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 65.00
    Texas Pinball
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    $ 76.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    $ 7,999.99
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    The Pinball Place
    $ 11.95
    $ 7.50
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 218.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside