(Topic ID: 14964)

Help me understand this lighting schematic please.

By TheLaw

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by earflaps
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lighting.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider earflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 5 years ago

I have the exact problem with my Breakshot. The GI lamps around the slingshots were working (orange wires) then as I began replacing other GI bulbs, they seemed to dim and sparkle and have since gone dead. Most of the lights are working but it just seems to have affected the bottom GI lights not coming back on. I took the board out and reflowed the 4 main capacitors which appeared to smarten up the random rebooting but my lights and right flipper never came back to life.

The right flipper is an anomaly...it's never worked since I've picked up the machine. I recently rebuilt the flippers including the eos leaf switches but it's made no difference. The upper right flipper works and I can control the diagnostics menu with it but I can't get it to engage the bottom right flipper. It appears all the connections are right as I have noticed in random tests, when manually tossing the ball at switches, both bottom flippers will engage on occasion. I don't think it's a random engagement from recall as it is triggered by something I did with the ball....can't remember.

Any ideas or should I start a new thread?

#22 5 years ago

Solved:
Turned out that it was the previous owner/repairman. Didn't notice at first but they had replaced some Molex connectors on the main board. I presume they thought they knew where the wires were supposed to go or someone had tore them off in a hurry of something. Anyway, there were 4 different connectors that had wires going in every direction other than where they were supposed to. Found the wiring diagram and fixed most of the problem so in the end, my problem is not related to the original posters.

#24 5 years ago

LOL...ya, that's where I thought I was heading. Got most of it working but still have a few kinks to work out. I've started another post regarding the remaining wiring issues: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/breakshot-pd-board-wiring-issue

You don't happen to still have the game do you, Law?

#26 5 years ago

Oh, that right....you have a Pinball Magic...sorry.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

8,100 (OBO)
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider earflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-understand-this-lighting-schematic-please?tu=earflaps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.