You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shape2.jpg
shape1.jpg
_20180507_142826 (resized).JPG
_20180507_142909 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KevinCPR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from SDFworker:

It's is in 3 spots. I've bought a half dozen playfields from them without any issues.

Was told to come read this thread, so here I am. Haven't heard anything about this until now, although I'm not the one who works the general inbox at the web site (if that is where you wrote). I suspect that due to the traffic on that inbox, it's long scrolled up and off the screen and overlooked by our two fellows who run that inbox. I'll be going to find out on monday, nonetheless.

Regardless, here we are a year after shipping - and this is what you are seeing/showing. I notice YOU didn't make any accusation toward us shipping you a defective playfield that looks like that (it was others that inferred our alleged culpability). You even mention you don't recall for sure ever looking at the playfield upon delivery. Although I can tell you - most people certainly do - and usually quite excitedly, in fact. Now I'm not going to put words in your mouth, but I'm just getting the impression there is some fogginess in memory of its arrival a year ago. Maybe I'm wrong. Was it opened, looked at briefly, not immediately needed, thus put away ? That's what I'm getting. I would assume it was opened, and at least looked at, upon delivery. If so, and I'm only assuming, I would suspect clearcoat markings like that would certainly have been noticed on day one. Even with the quickest 60 second look-over. Wouldn't you agree?

I can tell you that no playfield got past my 5000 lumen studio lights, during my grading inspection, glaring the surface, inspecting artwork, etc. In fact, our clearcoat doesn't *do* that texture. There are no napthas, no waxes, no residues, no silocones in our processes. Remember, clearcoats are 4 layers sprayed over many days. Hardened, sanded, etc. Topcoat sprayed perfect as possible, under piercing bright lights. There is no way patterns like those can happen, let alone get unseen during grading, let alone get graded as a near-flawless gold grade. So I'm just stumped at how the EBD playfield that landed to you a year ago, looked like that out of the box.

What I'm wondering I guess, is more detail surrounding the last year in storage. Looking at the pictures (unless I'm just seeing things) I'm noticing a distinct 4-sided shape to the blobby areas. Four-sided, with rounded corners. (see edited pix below)

Can you post a picture of the THIRD spot ? I'd like to compare to the other two you showed.

Is there anything you can think of, within the last year, that may have involved 4-sided round-cornered objects or pressure-points against the clearcoat? Which is strange to ask, but I have to. Because it's not just something touching... it's something that actually effected the clearcoat. Which is even more complex.

Anyway, we CAN sand off and re-shoot clear, if shipped back to us. I would like to solve the mystery, though. I would like to get to the bottom of what is at fault here... noting that I realize you aren't casting fault. Neither am I. But some reading this thread may! More information is needed, of course.

My PM inbox is there if you need it, as well.

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

shape1.jpgshape1.jpg
shape2.jpgshape2.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 199.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KevinCPR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-understand-this-clearcoat-issue?tu=KevinCPR and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.