You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_226BCB3D-48F1-46DC-99F0-0AB86301307B (resized).jpg
thumbnail_5B31F859-D242-4A2F-B0C2-2EDFC261E1F0 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hey everyone,

I am troubleshooting my sanctum wall target on The Shadow. The wall was not staying up and kept resetting every so often. Then after messing with the wall down switch, I now do not get proper magnet and wall behavior.

My question is:

When the wall is up, where is the metal reset arm supposed to be?

is the switch supposed to be closed by the metal arm or the target?

The metal arm on mine does not stay up. when the playfield is down, the metal arm is down and triggers the switch. Per Terry and pics attached, his arm always stays up even with the playfield down and game off.

Thanks to Professor Terry on Instagram for helping me thus far. Grabbed the pics he sent me for reference.

thumbnail_226BCB3D-48F1-46DC-99F0-0AB86301307B (resized).jpgthumbnail_226BCB3D-48F1-46DC-99F0-0AB86301307B (resized).jpgthumbnail_5B31F859-D242-4A2F-B0C2-2EDFC261E1F0 (resized).jpgthumbnail_5B31F859-D242-4A2F-B0C2-2EDFC261E1F0 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

The target itself is supposed to activate the switch. That switch arm needs to be bent so only the wall target touches it. It looks like the metal arm under the target could be hitting it first, which could be giving you the issue.

Good luck. Great game.

#3 3 years ago

Thanks! So the metal arm is supposed to be in the down position normally? Then will fire up when resetting the wall target?

I wonder why in the game pictures above their metal arm is always up and mine is always down? And why their game works and mine doesn’t? Haha

#4 3 years ago

Metal arm pulls up to put the target back up, and then the little coil on the back side pulls a pin in to release it when it needs to go down (spring assisted of course). Doesn't really matter where the metal arm sits, although when not in use it should be down otherwise the coil would be locked on. It's a tricky switch adjustment to get 100%, but luckily once you do it usually doesn't go out of alignment in home use.

#5 3 years ago

Okay thanks again. I’ll keep looking at it.

#6 3 years ago

Those are my pics thanks Erik for the kudos. My coil is certainly not locked on and the wall functions as it should. I’ll try and video what it does on ball lock and Instagram it to you. It’s 11:30Pm here now so I’m heading to bed lol

#7 3 years ago

Thanks again! No rush at all. This game or I aren’t going anywhere. Haha

#8 3 years ago

Okay I got mine fixed. Sure enough that switch causes all kinds of weird issues if not working right. And yes, in my case, the switch needs to only trigger with the target down, so adjust the arm so that the metal arm cannot trip the switch, but the target being down will.

thanks again for the help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-understand-the-shadow-wall-target and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.