(Topic ID: 225639)

Help me to chose the best between ACDCLucy JJPPOTC DEADPOOL BATMAN...

By beastmaster1981

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Pinball i should buy ?”

• batman 66 24 votes
    24%
  • Gotg premium 5 votes
    5%
  • JJP POTC 35 votes
    35%
  • ACDC Lucy 24 votes
    24%
  • Deadpool PRO 12 votes
    12%

(100 votes)

#1 5 years ago

Hi everyone,

big question ! I ve actually 4 pinball :

Revenge from mars
Secret service
bally gameshow
williams FIRE

Now i would like to buy a new pinball for all the family wich will be fun for all !

Pleas help me to decide between

Acdc lucy (not a big fan of the band but the pinball looks awesome)

jjp potc PRO (big fan of pirates)

deadpool PRO (looks fun)

Batman 66 premium (i like batman)

Gotg premium (like the theme)

Thanks a lot

Xavier

#2 5 years ago

If you do decide to go Luci, I would recommend paying a bit more and going original over the vault edition. Just my two cents. I personally love the band AC/DC so my vote would be a bit skewed.

#3 5 years ago

I would rank them in this order
1 AC DC
2 JJPOTC
3 Batman 66
4 Deadpool pro
5 GOTG premium if it was a pro I would have ranked it higher than Deadpool.

#4 5 years ago

If you’re more into the fun of Pinball and you like money, go acdc pro vault. I personally enjoy it more than the premium which I owned for over a year. Now, if you have endless funds then I would definitely have a good look at Pirates, but it might take you a month or two to get one. Guardians, Deadpool, Batman are easy passes; Batman is cool, just way overpriced, But is still behind AC/DC and pirates in my book.

#5 5 years ago

I'm loving JJPOTC. I've had it for a week. There is so much depth to the game that it will be fun for a long time and the theme, music, and light show will make it a family favorite. It's way ahead of the others on your list (imo), but it also costs the most.

DP gameplay hasn't pulled me in and I cancelled my preorder. Love the art and the effort on pf design.

Guardians plays fast. Ramps are satisfying. Code has come a long way and I recommend looking at the Pro. Premium gets you groot hands and a spinner.

AC/DC prem is a good pin. If you're not into the music, I can't see the family appeal over others on the list.

Listen to BM66 music on a gameplay stream. I watched reruns as a kid. I like the theme. The pin is fun (lacks some flow for me), but the constant jazzy music keeps it out of my collection.

#6 5 years ago

Thanks for the advice
I can have the batman 66 with convolux and shipment 8300 euros.
The Potc is looking for 8490 euros with shipment in standard.

I see there is not so much difference between standard and LE. In France, we need 1200 euros to get the LE. Is it worth the extra cost ? (shaker ? I never use one).

Thanks

#7 5 years ago

You should wait for Oktoberfest pin, it will be a much more family pin than the pins you mentioned.
Wait is not so long, next month.

#8 5 years ago

no idea of what it is

Or i should find an old POTC stern for the kids ?

#9 5 years ago

It is the next pinball machine of America Pinball that made Houdini.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10 5 years ago
Quoted from beastmaster1981:

Hi everyone,
big question ! I ve actually 4 pinball :
Revenge from mars
Secret service
bally gameshow
williams FIRE
Now i would like to buy a new pinball for all the family wich will be fun for all !
Pleas help me to decide between
Acdc lucy (not a big fan of the band but the pinball looks awesome)
jjp potc PRO (big fan of pirates)
deadpool PRO (looks fun)
Batman 66 premium (i like batman)
Gotg premium (like the theme)
Thanks a lot
Xavier

I voted Batman because I loved it with the new code and I love the theme. After that I'd list ACDC, great game period. Haven't played jjppotc or deadpool yet but I'd go in that order from what I've seen. GOTG was way too simple playing but I have no idea how new code helps

#11 5 years ago

I have all these except JJPOTC. My new game is always my favorite (Deadpool), and Deadpool pro is a lot of bang (or should I say "Boom") for the buck. But prior to that ACDC has been a long term favorite of mine and is my wife's favorite also so that is how I voted in the poll. All of these seem potentially good choices though.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from beastmaster1981:

no idea of what it is
Or i should find an old POTC stern for the kids ?

He was joking (i hope). The difference in LE and Standard JJPOTC is the powder coating, star map, topper, printed manual, and shaker motor. The game play will be exactly the same either way. It's personal preference. If you were going to have the legs and armor powder coated, it would run you close to the difference alone.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

he difference in LE and Standard JJPOTC is the powder coating, star map, topper, printed manual, and shaker motor.

Personally, I think the standard would be fine. I like the stainless look better, don't like toppers, could live without a manual (or buy one later) and don't like shaker motors. The star map is cool, but I could probably live without it. I understand the "constellation" shots are indicated via the inserts on the standard, so I would probably get used to that.

#14 5 years ago

Invisiglass: $300~
Headset: $100~
Shaker: $150~
Color changing GI: priceless
Starfield + extra rules associated: priceless
Powder coating: who cares really, I actually prefer the stainless steel.
Topper: who cares really, I prefer no topper vs a lasserific one.

All in all, the standard really doesn’t seem like a good value. However, I’m curious to see and play one as I feel less is sometimes better. Im not quite sold on the color changing GI or star map rules yet, but admittedly I also have very limited time on the LE so far.

#15 5 years ago

Hi everyone, thanks for all messages.

I don t know if the invisiglass is so cool ? shaker ?

Thanks

Lot money for 1 game

#16 5 years ago

My favorite game on the list is ACDC but I’ve played the prototype Pirates and it is a great shooter I want one). That said if this is for the family I would get GotG pro if money is a concern at all because it’s bright and colorful and it has an interactive bash target for less experienced players. I wouldn’t buy the standard JJPOTC but at $4k less GotG Pro is solid.

They are all good games though.

#17 5 years ago

AC/DC is the most successful modern pin and holding up over time like a true top 10 machine.

The others will likely have their moment and fade to good but not great machines.

Maybe POTC will be great, but like DI, WOZ and Hobbit will probably be a wide range of opinions depending on personal preference for theme, style of play.

I just bought BM66. Theme integration, video and art are great, and code may get there, but it’s not a great shooter (no matter how much dialing in you do).

#18 5 years ago

Thanks everyone
I think I have to wait for potc standard test now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 25.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-to-chose-the-best-between-acdclucy-jjppotc-deadpool-batman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.