(49 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

553bab5d-4ad0-11ed-9c52-997eb36aacb2 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

Hi ,

Need help again to have some advice !!!

I need a new great pinball at home !
It must be difficult AND all the family will play it (wife and 3 kids (12-10-7)).

So my love choice for me would be Alice cooper (difficult but family friendly ?).

NExt is Jp premium but i can't find one so i go for Ghostbusters pro because I can find it but perhaps i will regret not having a premium on this one.

So next can be TMNT LE but lots of people says its not a keeper .

So next again is Star wars premium ?

Next is also JJP GNR LE but again like TMNT lots says its not a keeper ... TS4 too high price !!!!

Thanks to help me with that poll

Beastmaster1981

#2 1 year ago

My personal thoughts, take it as you like:

* Alice cooper is a REALLY difficult game with super narrow passages. I don't like this game at all (and I listen to a lot of metal music so that's not the problem). Because of the difficulty I would say this isn't a family pin, its frustrating to play!

* Jp premium. Solid game. Feels a little empty on toys but still a really good game.

* Ghostbusters. A favorite game for me but I know many people really dislike it. It has kind of brutal outlanes but the toys and overall theme is great imo.

* TMNT. Can't remember which version I've played but got bored of it really fast. I'm not a turtles fan either so that doesn't help.

* Star wars premium. Not played it, looks fun on videos.

* JJP GNR LE. Played it at a friend's house over several days and did never really like it. Looks visually great with all the lights n stuff but gameplay is almost constant multiball and gets boring really fast.

TL;DR
Get JP or GB, maybe SW if the family is a fan of the theme.

#3 1 year ago

Hi Lhyrgoif , thanks for your returns ! Thats really cool to have other opinion before buying game.

JP is very hard to fine new now , next time its available in France, price is 12790 euros !!! So its difficult for me and my wife to "lose" 2000 euros on this game....
PErhaps BOnd at the same price would be the right choice for the high price...

GB , i can have the PRO for 7500 e. SW premium still available premium at 10890 euros.

Alice cooper looks hard and tiny shots but the toys looks cool and the phantom manor feeling looks terrible !

Difficult to chose but thats also a part of the game

Thanks again

#4 1 year ago

ACNC, GB, JP, and TMNT all have tight shots. My son doesn’t gravitate to JP at our league, used to hate both GB Pro and Prem due to the tight shots plus the mile wide flipper gap, and we sold out TMNT because it was too clunky (though I enjoyed it).

Having said all that I bought a SW yesterday because it’s a good theme, lots of rules for me to explore, and the shots are all much more “family friendly”.

#5 1 year ago

I have a hard time selecting a game that is both difficult AND family friendly, because my family doesn’t enjoy difficult games. That said, of the choices I would go with Jurassic Park since it has great mechs and is generally fun AND difficult in later stages.

GB, TMNT, SW I have never found “fun”. SW Premium does have the most amazing physical sequence with the hyperspace multiball startup

#6 1 year ago

SW is my favorite out if those, JP2 next.
Tmnt is not fun for anyone in a family.

#7 1 year ago

Jurassic park then Star Wars

Though neither are great family games

#8 1 year ago

Pinball multiplayer games are mostly redundant, unless the code involves clever use of co-op play or competitive 'battle' modes. Competing only for high scores is a rule as old as your great granny.

#9 1 year ago

Godzilla Premium

LTG : )

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Godzilla Premium

+1..

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Godzilla Premium

^^ This would be the most balanced all around fun for family and skilled players.
Most on your list are not as friendly or forgiving - maybe SW or JP with + on the ball save timer.

#12 1 year ago

Thanks to all for answer !! Thats great , now i really like godzilla but all thé family says no to this one

Difficult to chose but all your advice are cool for us ! I tell you soon What i find

Thanks

#13 1 year ago

Hi Everybody ,

so the choice has been done today, the pinball is coming for friday !! so excited !!

And its : Alice cooper nightmare castle the winner !

Thanks you all !!

Long life to pinside

Beastmaster1981

553bab5d-4ad0-11ed-9c52-997eb36aacb2 (resized).jpg553bab5d-4ad0-11ed-9c52-997eb36aacb2 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-to-chose-spooky-stern-jjp-acnc-gb-pro-tmntle-sw-pr-gnr-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.