9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Rando
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gameroom sketch.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Hi all,
    My family is moving soon (still in Central Jersey, just going a little West on I-78) and my Gameroom will be nice but smaller in size than what I’m used to. Plusses are a nice bar with regular and keg fridge installed that owner is leaving, as well as a walkout so no stairs if I take pins for a roll in the back/side yard. Negatives are smaller size, and a section that has just 6 ft head clearance. (The one machine I have still setup is just under 6 ft, so this may not be a problem?) Carpeted except for tiled section by bar, and drop ceilings that offer good height except where pictured.

Below is a rough sketch that I created in excel, each cell is a square foot, and I’m looking for some guidance on how I could set things up. Wife wants a workout area which would take-up space, but there is an unfinished but clean storage area that I think could work nicely for that if I put down some mats and maybe sheet rock. Also might consider building a bath in here in future as septic line is in there.

Probably want some seating around bar area in addition to some stools (maybe a high pub table?). TV/Stereo would be setup where pictured, though some components could be behind wall in under stairs storage. TV would be used by kids/people for wii, so pins not likely in that area. Also have an 8ft air hockey table we like, could be against a wall, maybe in area by entrance to storage/workout area. I have a nice dart board but doesn't get a lot of use and don't see where that would fit.

I currently have 3 pins and a MAME arcade in my possession, would like to get up to 6 pins total in near future. Anyone like to take a stab at a fun and pin friendly setup?

Thanks all!
    gameroom sketch.jpggameroom sketch.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Do you need the drop ceiling is my first thought?

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Do you need the drop ceiling is my first thought?

Looks nice, is in good condition, and some pop lights up there. Can't recall if the 6ft high section has drop or not, could MAYBE get a little higher there but imagine not too much as that is heat/cooling ducts.

#4 9 years ago

Gotcha. IF you're interested in gaining more height, you may want to consider ripping it out and painting it black. Of course it's not for everyone, but thought I'd through it out there.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameroom-ceiling-options/page/2

#5 9 years ago

I've seen the black and definitely like it, would definitely consider if ceiling wasn't already completed. The unfinished/workout section might be a candidate for that.

Bumping for some direction/suggestions!

#6 9 years ago

Instead of a TV, I would suggest getting a nice projector because you can easily control the lighting in a basement setting. You can get a picture that will blow you away for under $700 these days.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

Instead of a TV, I would suggest getting a nice projector because you can easily control the lighting in a basement setting. You can get a picture that will blow you away for under $700 these days.

Thanks,
    Our Family room TV is currently a nice Sony Bravia. If we upgrade that the Bravia will go to the basement, if not the projector is a nice option. I'll have to checkout the lighting, I don't think they were dimmable but could look to do that as well.

I've seen some people play with layouts and add/remove furniture to see how things fit and such. Anyone know of a free version of that anywhere online I could play with?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-setup-basement-gameroom-in-new-house and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.