Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8938D730-82FE-49E4-B175-1126448B23A3 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

Made the mistake of not requesting overzealous friend remove his wedding ring, which is a real shame as the marriage is crumbling and frankly I don't find the commitment to this jewelry worth the resultant damage to my otherwise pristine WOZ.

How can I repair this game so it is no longer a player's machine freak show that causes women and children to avert their eyes?

Any ideas short of complete decal replacement?

8938D730-82FE-49E4-B175-1126448B23A3 (resized).jpeg8938D730-82FE-49E4-B175-1126448B23A3 (resized).jpeg
#2 5 years ago

First, get a new friend that won’t ruin your games.

#3 5 years ago

that game has decals
just order a replacement from JJP

#4 5 years ago

Tweezers perhaps?

#5 5 years ago

Sorry to hear that happened Yeah replacement decal. I would also recommend adding these to the game. I have them installed on all of pins just incase.

https://www.pinballlife.com/pinguard-flipper-button-wear-protector-set.html

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Tweezers perhaps?

Plus heat gun to coax it back into a flat shape and reactivate glue?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sorry to hear that happened Yeah replacement decal. I would also recommend adding these to the game. I have them installed on all of pins just incase.

I add those to all my games to protect the flipper area from dirty hands and jewelry. A must have.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Tweezers perhaps?

YEah was thinking something like that.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

First, get a new friend that won’t ruin your games.

As much as I want to be pissed off at him it's really not his fault. I mean in general, "who knew?"

I will start de-ringing friends when they come over. SImply never crossed my mind - also my games don't tend to be show pieces either.

#10 5 years ago

I like him, he's silly.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

YEah was thinking something like that.

Get the metal stainless ones off ebay and paint them red or leave them silver.

#12 5 years ago

Toothpick, push it down.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Toothpick, push it down.

Boomy idea!

Combo-d with some flipper button protectors.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Are those the decals the stick on?

If so, I prefer the acrylic/petg ones that don't stick on the machine, but are held on by the button.

But, whatever work to protect the machine.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Are those the decals the stick on?
If so, I prefer the acrylic/petg ones that don't stick on the machine, but are held on by the button.
But, whatever work to protect the machine.

Yeah they are slighting sticky. Do you have a link for the acrylic / PETG ones? Interested in checking then out. The vinyl ones are nice as you don't notice the edge to them while playing since they are so thin.

#16 5 years ago

On a serious note, can you find an artist to airbrush it and clean it up? I’ve heard of people doing this with great results.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

On a serious note, can you find an artist to airbrush it and clean it up? I’ve heard of people doing this with great results.

If it came to that I'd probably let the next owner handle it.

Perhaps I can smooth and cover for now.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah they are slighting sticky. Do you have a link for the acrylic / PETG ones? Interested in checking then out. The vinyl ones are nice as you don't notice the edge to them while playing since they are so thin.

I had bought some from a seller called: www_sspruch_de. Shipping sucks, but they will combine shipping.

Go to eBay and search for "Button Area Protector for Pinball Machine"

Here is a link for Bally-Williams ones:
ebay.com link: Button Area Protector for Bally Williams WPC till 1993 Pinball Machine

For Stern:
ebay.com link: Button Area Protector for STERN Pinball Machine

#19 5 years ago

IT IS HIDEOUS!
OH THE HUMANITY!

Just kidding. That really sucks. It's a friend , what are you going to say.
Best of luck with the repair.

#20 5 years ago

Carefully lift the flap away from the cabinet to straighten out the ripple, then slowly, while holding the flap, lay it back down with a plastic squeegee tool that you would use for window film?

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Get the RadCals.
They just stick on top.
30 min install.

Scratch and chip resistant.

And they look amazing!

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

also my games don't tend to be show pieces either.

It's not even a YBR. Get over yourself.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

It's not even a YBR. Get over yourself.

Who needs a stinkin' monkey anyway..

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

1) tweezers to unstick it from itself;
2) silicon spatula smooth it down
3) hit it briefly (BRIEFLY!) with a heat gun or hair dryer

#25 5 years ago

Definitely a hair dryer! A heat gun can create a shitstorm in a split second with no way to repair except a whole new sheet on the side of cabinet

#26 5 years ago

You know guys, I really do t think he gives a shit. Levi’s doesn’t seem the type to worry about a scuff or scratch on a game. I may be wrong however.

#27 5 years ago

I mean...I've heard stories of people doing this with rings, but I still don't get it. Anyone who's seen me play knows I can be tough on a game, especially if it's MINE. My ring has been busted for years in the back, and it could slice a decal like a hot knife through butter....and yet I've never damaged a game with it. Slap saves, shakes...whatever...not an issue. Must be something about those wierdos that push the flipper buttons with their middle finger..

#28 5 years ago

Hair dryer not to hot. Warm decal area. Carefully lift flap and insert glue evenly. Hairy dryer again and lay flap down. If using tweezers make sure not to pinch/tear. Smooth out w/credit card or plastic squeegee. I would lay a piece of wax paper over it when doing so. Just another thought for you.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

Hair dryer not to hot. Warm decal area. Carefully lift flap and insert glue evenly. Hairy dryer again and lay flap down. If using tweezers make sure not to pinch/tear. Smooth out w/credit card or plastic squeegee. I would lay a piece of wax paper over it when doing so. Just another thought for you.

Yep - and if the decal is fairly thick, it can get folded up easily when it gets scratched like that, and the only way to get the folds out is to hit it with heat, but you don't want to melt the surrounding area. So a towel can help protect from the heat

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
13,000 (OBO)
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-repair-hideous-woz-cab-damage-?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.