20150310_184042.jpg
20150310_184045.jpg
20150310_184057.jpg
20150310_184525.jpg
20150310_184516.jpg
20150310_184105.jpg
20150310_183156.jpg
20150310_182712.jpg

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

Well, I know this is not a forum for discussing docs on IPDB, but since I promised adding that parts guide in this thread, I thought I would let you know.

Jay has an agreement with Bally that will not allow a non-specific book to be added to IPDB. Since it covers several games... no dice.

I'll leave it out on my site if anyone needs it for future.
faz

https://sites.google.com/site/pinballfaz/

1 week later
#52 8 years ago

Little update, he got all the connector kits in. He rebuilt the 20 pin and we now have all lights. I should be getting out there this weekend for a marathon to get the connectors all rebuilt.

#53 8 years ago

I need to repin a few connectors myself and am not looking forward to it.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

I need to repin a few connectors myself and am not looking forward to it.

Not a tough job, just time consuming. Will save you a lot of grief on troubleshooting.

#55 8 years ago

it's alive

#56 8 years ago

Works great now after doing the connections on the MPU board and the light board. We have a weird sound issue that I'll explain tomorrow when I can type on a computer.

IMAG0102.jpgIMAG0102.jpg
#57 8 years ago

Game plays well, he has one display that is not working and it is the credit display, so he is going to switch the display from his Player 4 spot so that he can enjoy it for awhile without sinking any more money into it. The drop target was giving us some errors but we found it was a loose screw and now they are popping perfectly. One of the slingshots is machine gunning and one of the pop bumpers are too sensitive. I was over there for around 6 hours or so yesterday so we called it quits for the day.

Okay so the sound is doing something weird. Coming off the sound board, I am getting around 5v going to the speaker and at the speaker I am getting around .2v on the speaker tabs. I reflowed the solder and even put on a new speaker with no help. I can't see any kind of short in the wire at all.

#58 8 years ago

What is the sound problem? None?

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

What is the sound problem? None?

Yes, sorry, none. No sound coming from them at all.

#60 8 years ago

Bump for thoughts or suggestions

#61 8 years ago

Do you get any hum from the speaker if you touch anything on the board?

#62 8 years ago

Not a peep out of the speaker.

#63 8 years ago

Ok so you have a new speaker so it's probably not that. Check wiring to the speaker and make sure there's continuity from J1 pins 1 and 2. Check TP1=+5V and TP3=+12V. If that's all good it's probably a bad audio amp, LM380N.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 45.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-repair-a-new-pinsiders-bally-star-trek/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.