Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

natebookcase.jpeg
#1 9 years ago

So I currently have 5 games. They are in no particular order but I sometimes see mention of what games sit well next to each other based on play style. Here is my current arrangement. I will be getting a Shadow in a few weeks so feel free to add that to the list as well.

Argosy
World Cup Soccer
MAME Arcade
Truck Stop
Kewpie Doll
Jackbot

#2 9 years ago

I always have mine arranged by maker/style so the heads line up

#3 9 years ago

I have mine in order of release. Left to Right.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Speeddemon:

I have mine in order of release. Left to Right.

I second chronological order!

#5 9 years ago

I group mine by maker and then try to have 1) same designer 2) similar themes next to each other

#6 9 years ago

I think here, if you do chronological order, then the WPCs will still be next to each other.

#7 9 years ago

You are correct but I keep reading threads where people put games next to each other based on game style/flow. I really have no idea how to pair like that and feel like I am losing out. Chronological is what I will do unless someone comes up with something else.

#8 9 years ago

Maybe alternate between games that have longer ball times, and ones that have shorter?

#9 9 years ago

Well, some people have enough games to divide or sub-divide their pins into such groupings. I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it works for you...

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Maybe alternate between games that have longer ball times, and ones that have shorter?

That is a good idea. Seems Truck Stop is like LOTR with ball times. Lasts forever. Not a bad thing for new players for sure!

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Well, some people have enough games to divide or sub-divide their pins into such groupings. I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it works for you...

I agree. Don't overthink it. Enjoy them.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Speeddemon:

I agree. Don't overthink it. Enjoy them.

Yes but I have to rearrange the room. I just tossed them in there when we moved into the house. It is time I move them around and get them into order. Chaos down there right now, some machines are a fist apart others are 3 feet apart. I was just looking for opinions since I am going to be moving them around anyway. I had the idea of chronological coming into this and will more than likely do that.

#13 9 years ago

Whatever works for you!

I personally have my Sterns together, and my B/W together. And I have the "favorites" closer together and the less popular ones in the wings.

Heck, I know people who do them in alphabetical order....

#14 9 years ago

Showcase your Jackbot.... In my gameroom, there are two rows, one on each side of the room. Then there's one game in the middle...that is my showcase game. You need to put Jackbot in that "special" location where it stands out from the rest of them

#15 9 years ago

You could organize them by color. That's what Nate Silver does for his bookshelf, and he's a super genius.

natebookcase.jpegnatebookcase.jpeg

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

I always have mine arranged by maker/style so the heads line up

Agreed...this is what i do as well...would be my suggestion

#17 9 years ago

Wow, i wish i have this dilemma one day!

#18 9 years ago

#firstworldproblems

#19 9 years ago

You should put your world cup soccer right between my black knight and space invaders ..

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

You should put your World Cup Soccer right between my black knight and space invaders ..

Dont think WCS will ever leave. Jackbot may but it is near QC. If it wasnt for the chip in the side of the cab it would be...

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Showcase your Jackbot.... In my gameroom, there are two rows, one on each side of the room. Then there's one game in the middle...that is my showcase game. You need to put Jackbot in that "special" location where it stands out from the rest of them

Why showcase Jackbot? It is the game that gets the least play out of what I own. Truck Stop is getting the most right now but probably because it is the newest.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Why showcase Jackbot?

Because it's my favorite game

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Because it's my favorite game

Haha, fair enough. I only have it any more because the woman loves it.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from dj_xwing:

Agreed...this is what i do as well...would be my suggestion

Same here drives me crazy when they do not line up !!

#25 9 years ago

I don't have that many games to be an issue but i kind of liked putting the machines with voice calls and music with a buffer pin of game without. In my line Millionaire, Panthera, Big Guns, Bingo,Flash, Big House, Space Riders

i don't remember when i changed from order that i acquired which is how i first started.

I would also put your favorite side art cabinet on the out most visible position, if that is your situation.

#26 9 years ago

What I need to do is organize for maximum utilization. I have limited space and need to fit them all in the said space.
One of these days... I'll create a sketchup model so I can find the right mix.

#27 9 years ago

Nicest cabinets on the ends (if you'll see them). Everything else doesn't really matter.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Help me arrange my games.

Or are you looking for the arrangement with the best feng shui?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-rearrange-my-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.