Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TreyBo69
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

knock-knock-whos-there-shhhh (resized).jpg
    Maximum-Protection-Soft-Foam-Ear-Plugs-10-Pair (resized).jpg
    1DKIFi8.gif
    How To Use Egg Cartons to Soundproof (resized).jpg
    old-woman-cane-wearing-faux-fur-ear-muffs-red-over-white-37380506 (resized).jpg
    BAE24781-9705-4E3A-91DB-A88D51030B47 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1271 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7198 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6446 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7202 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrSanRamon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago

Games are loud especially with speech and music turned up, but even with the sound off the electro-mechanical noise is high.

My games are adjacent to the family room and luckily there is a door between them and the people in the family room.

When the grand-kids play, my wife immediately shuts the door and that's enough to make it acceptable.

Without enclosing the machines with a floor to ceiling "barrier" they will most likely always be too loud to play and hold a conversation simultaneously.

Robert

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ccondo:

If I had to I guess I could add a partition wall with glass to separate the gaming area.

If you want to keep the piece, this is probably your best option...a wall with glass. At least you can see your machines.

Remember, if you wall them off to make sure you have the size of the area correct, or you will later be pissed off when you are 2 inches short to add another machine or other item.

Robert

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ccondo:

Thinking of the barrier method (Ha!), how much would glass help or would the sound still transmit through?

The doors between the games and the family room at my place are french doors with 10 panes of glass in each. They knock down the noise substantially when closed.

Robert

#15 5 years ago

If you want to wall them off, then put a 3 foot or so wall in and put 3 feet of glass on top of the wall and then wall on top of the glass to the ceiling.

The glass will then be minimized, while still allowing the games to be shown off and seen.

A room needs to have a door, and unfortunately where there is a door, there can be no machine or other stuff. That's sort of the downside of having a room, other than the cost and non-adjustability of the size at a later date.

Robert

#18 5 years ago

If you are worried about sound passing thru the glass, put in a series of double pane windows like these:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/JELD-WEN-47-5-in-x-35-5-in-V-2500-Series-White-Vinyl-Picture-Window-w-Low-E-366-Glass-THDJW141600039/205797862

If you are serious about reducing sound pollution, a room is really the only option. All the other solutions have 2nd or 3rd order order affects.

Robert

#38 5 years ago

Move the pins to the playroom temporarily and then you will have an idea of what a room does to the attenuation of the noise.

Robert

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrSanRamon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-quiet-my-machines?tu=MrSanRamon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.