Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TreyBo69
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

knock-knock-whos-there-shhhh (resized).jpg
    Maximum-Protection-Soft-Foam-Ear-Plugs-10-Pair (resized).jpg
    1DKIFi8.gif
    How To Use Egg Cartons to Soundproof (resized).jpg
    old-woman-cane-wearing-faux-fur-ear-muffs-red-over-white-37380506 (resized).jpg
    BAE24781-9705-4E3A-91DB-A88D51030B47 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1271 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7198 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6446 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7202 (resized).JPG
    There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago

This would help a little bit: I installed a playfield protector on one of my machines and it reduces the ball roll noise by half.

#52 5 years ago

Open the coin door. Find the little buttons. Go into menu settings. Turn the volume down.

#53 5 years ago

knock-knock-whos-there-shhhh (resized).jpgknock-knock-whos-there-shhhh (resized).jpg

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ccondo:

I have a finished basement, it includes a bar and TV area. While I'm scheming about adding more machines (figure I can fit 5 along the wall they're on), my wife is ready to boot them out of the basement entirely due to how loud they are. She is largely right, when we have friends over I usually leave them off because it makes watching the game or conversation difficult. So what should I do? Thoughts I have include putting 2" thick sound insulation on the walls immediately around the machines and other places around the whole area and adding a rug under them. If I had to I guess I could add a partition wall with glass to separate the gaming area.
    What is the best approach here?

My game room is open to the living room and most the house. Here's my suggestions that seems to be ok with the wife when I play at night:

- Turn off Shaker Motor
    - Install Spike 2 headphone: $99. easy to install. Really brings spike 2 games to life as sound can be better heard in stereo. You'll have to get the Pinnovators one for your stern Star Trek as I don't think stern sells one for their SAM systems.

#55 5 years ago
    #56 5 years ago

Add some insulation to the inside of the cabinet and rubber feet on the legs of the machine. Add acoustic ceiling tiles, acoustic sound panels on the walls, thick carpeting, hanging drapes around the machine, etc... Your basement is basically a giant echo box as presently built.

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-quiet-my-machines/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.