Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B023A366-1683-4D92-8C69-E34AB3618B6B (resized).png
    AE8790CC-A9BD-4B52-8606-884E327F86C3 (resized).png
    F5E22F16-0444-4676-81C5-5CF593444467 (resized).png
    B42F37F6-F9AB-4E39-9039-28FF4E92C77D (resized).png
    367FFE02-74F6-4595-9508-E2FB8EFDE4D1 (resized).png
    E1DABC77-98B6-4987-8475-C7D43F5943B2 (resized).png
    EB09D425-692B-47FF-AF52-FEEBCF0DA4AA (resized).png
    ACEDE6E8-8C6A-4B9E-B82F-5CE71A582B94 (resized).png
    2A8D7C33-2DB1-4387-B12D-DBACB0059F4F (resized).png
    #1 5 years ago

Thinking about buying my first used pin. I haven’t reached out to the seller yet, but I’ve been looking for a T2. I’ve never seen this back glass; always seen it with the Arnold back glass. Is this one more desireable? And is that the official topper for the machine? Says, ‘in good condition.’ If everything’s working, what would one offer for this machine. Thanks for any help you can offer me!

2A8D7C33-2DB1-4387-B12D-DBACB0059F4F (resized).png2A8D7C33-2DB1-4387-B12D-DBACB0059F4F (resized).png
    ACEDE6E8-8C6A-4B9E-B82F-5CE71A582B94 (resized).pngACEDE6E8-8C6A-4B9E-B82F-5CE71A582B94 (resized).png

#2 5 years ago

That's just some kind of aftermarket alternate translite I assume. If you like it, cool!

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

That's just some kind of aftermarket alternate translite I assume. If you like it, cool!

Yep, and aftermarket topper.

Going rate for t2's seems to be in the mid 2k area, plus or minus depending on condition and location.

#4 5 years ago

Thanks guys. They’re asking 3K. Seems high I guess. I will ask if they have the original back glass. If not, I should probably hold out for one with it; No sure how hard/expensive those are to come by.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Undertaker:

Thanks guys. They’re asking 3K. Seems high I guess. I will ask if they have the original back glass. If not, I should probably hold out for one with it; No sure how hard/expensive those are to come by.

Pinball prices are dumb these days. 3k sounds high, but every asking price sounds ridiculous to me....

#6 5 years ago

How hard is it to come by a T2 translite? And cost? If They’ll come down and it’s not that hard to get a back glass a may make them an offer.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Undertaker:

How hard is it to come by a T2 translite? And cost? If They’ll come down and it’s not that hard to get a back glass a may make them an offer.

I'd say it wouldn't be impossible. They come up from time to time....

#8 5 years ago

Get better pictures with the glass off. The holes near coin door are from a security lock bar.
    Ask for pictures of all boards in back box. Ask for close up pics of battery area on mpu.
    Ask them to find out why there's a credit dot.
    Ask for pics of cabinet.

#9 5 years ago

So that dot after credit is an error? What can that mean.

Here are some additional pics. This poor lady has less of a clue than I do on these. She probably wouldn’t even know how to open it up, let alone remove the glass.

When I asked her about the translite, she said, “I don’t know any details. That’s how I purchased it from a game store in St.Louis. It was really nice and I bought it cause I liked how it looked.”

EB09D425-692B-47FF-AF52-FEEBCF0DA4AA (resized).pngEB09D425-692B-47FF-AF52-FEEBCF0DA4AA (resized).png

E1DABC77-98B6-4987-8475-C7D43F5943B2 (resized).pngE1DABC77-98B6-4987-8475-C7D43F5943B2 (resized).png

367FFE02-74F6-4595-9508-E2FB8EFDE4D1 (resized).png367FFE02-74F6-4595-9508-E2FB8EFDE4D1 (resized).png

B42F37F6-F9AB-4E39-9039-28FF4E92C77D (resized).pngB42F37F6-F9AB-4E39-9039-28FF4E92C77D (resized).png

F5E22F16-0444-4676-81C5-5CF593444467 (resized).pngF5E22F16-0444-4676-81C5-5CF593444467 (resized).png

AE8790CC-A9BD-4B52-8606-884E327F86C3 (resized).pngAE8790CC-A9BD-4B52-8606-884E327F86C3 (resized).png

B023A366-1683-4D92-8C69-E34AB3618B6B (resized).pngB023A366-1683-4D92-8C69-E34AB3618B6B (resized).png

#10 5 years ago

The credit dot could be just a switch that hasn't been used in a while. With the glass on we can't see playfield or plastics.
    If she can't open it up she didn't change the batteries.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from joe2012:

The credit dot could be just a switch that hasn't been used in a while.

Yes, the credit dot is the game's way of saying "I have a problem". It could be anything. From minor, like a switch that hasn't been hit in a long time, so the game thinks that switch might not be working. Could also be something serious. No way to tell without opening the game up and checking the audits.
    That "Bookkeeping Totals Cleared" message looks to mean that the batteries are probably dead, unless she went into the menu and cleared the totals manually. Dead batteries is not a big deal. Dead batteries leaking onto the circuit boards could be a big deal.

#12 5 years ago

Can't quite tell from the pics, it almost looks like that skull is wrong as well...

I'd recommend you go over there (assuming it's not horribly far away and they have the keys) and take a look in person. $3k is not the type of price you buy a T2 off pictures alone for (or at all, but)

#13 5 years ago

My guess is the batteries are dead and the credit dot is due to the date and time not being set. Definitely see it person, remove the glass start a game and check as many switches as you can with your fingers. See if you can start multiball and check that the canon moves. Look for battery alkaline damage on the board. $3K is too high regardless.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from GLSP3022:

My guess is the batteries are dead and the credit dot is due to the date and time not being set.

Quoted from GLSP3022:

Look for battery alkaline damage on the board.

I agree. Can you get the seller to take a picture of the CPU board so you can post it? It is the bottom left board.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Can you get the seller to take a picture of the CPU board so you can post it? It is the bottom left board.

Quoted from Undertaker:

This poor lady has less of a clue than I do on these. She probably wouldn’t even know how to open it up, let alone remove the glass.

Personally, I wouldn't go $3k. They pop up often enough where you could get one for a lower price.

considering the owner doesn't know anything about it, it will probably need a couple hundred bucks worth of work--more, if the batteries leaked.

#16 5 years ago

I thought that was high too. I didn’t want to make a trip if I knew she wouldn’t budge on the price. She made it sound like she wouldn’t go below $1900, but I’d rather pay a little more for one that’s complete and I know has no issues; as I said, I’m a noob. I think I’d be able to check the switches though. Sounds easy enough. As far as the battery, I don’t know where it’s situated or what it looks like. She’s a couple hours away, so I haven’t decided yet on making the trip.
    If she said she’d let it go for $1500, I don’t think I’d be taking a risk at that amount, even if it had issues, but what do I know.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Undertaker:

I thought that was high too. I didn’t want to make a trip if I knew she wouldn’t budge on the price. She made it sound like she wouldn’t go below $1900, but I’d rather pay a little more for one that’s complete and I know has no issues; as I said, I’m a noob. I think I’d be able to check the switches though. Sounds easy enough. As far as the battery, I don’t know where it’s situated or what it looks like. She’s a couple hours away, so I haven’t decided yet on making the trip.
    If she said she’d let it go for $1500, I don’t think I’d be taking a risk at that amount, even if it had issues, but what do I know.

$1900 sounds fair. Id like to see more of the play field to determine though. It looks pretty decent from the pics you have, which makes me think this game may be worth $2000+ if the boards are all ok.

I paid $1500 for mine in 2012, but it was super dirty, GI was out, board had a hack on it and it had melted pins on connectors, etc. Took me 40+ hours to shop and clean it.

T2 is a fun game, and a great game to learn how to shop and restore a game. Good luck with your purchase.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Undertaker:

Even if it needs a CPU board repaired/replaced at $1900, sounds like a no-brainer for me. But where did you get that she may even go down to $1900 from $3k?

#19 5 years ago

I messaged her about it. Thats he vibe air got from our discussion, based on what she’d been offered already

#20 5 years ago

From what I can see, the cabinet decals look pretty decent. Much better than mine for sure. Likely the playfield is likely to be in average or + condition.

If you get the game and still not liking the translite, I'll trade you for an original one out of my game, though it has some scratches.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Undertaker:

As far as the battery, I don’t know where it’s situated or what it looks like.

It's in the bottom left of the backbox. If you take out the translite you can't miss it. Just check the lower left board for any corrosion

#22 5 years ago

Where are you located? If you are close to me i would be glad to help you out. I have pretty good knowledge on basic pinball stuff. Plus, i willl work for beer ...LOL

#23 5 years ago

Thanks everyone. I’m in Ohio. I see she just removed the listing. So she either sold it or decided to keep. Maybe I’ll reach out again and offer her $1900, provided I check it out and it looks alright. I like close to original, so I would probably consider trading translite PinballManiac40; if I work out something with her. Thanks again people!

#24 5 years ago

That's an alternate backglass, there was no official topper for T2.

T2 is an awesome pin, if the price is right; buy it without hesitation.

#25 5 years ago

This looks like a $1500-2K as is game to me.

The tacky translite and topper are not stock and add nothing to the value. The bookkeeping totals cleared could be anything from dead batteries to a bad battery holder to leaky batteries which have ruined the CPU and will need to be replaced. Game appears to be in generally good shape but that's not hard to find, they made a million T2s.

Looks like a nice game, probably needs some work and surely a good shop at this point.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This looks like a $1500-2K as is game to me.
    The tacky translite and topper are not stock and add nothing to the value. The bookkeeping totals cleared could be anything from dead batteries to a bad battery holder to leaky batteries which have ruined the CPU and will need to be replaced. Game appears to be in generally good shape but that's not hard to find, they made a million T2s.
    Looks like a nice game, probably needs some work and surely a good shop at this point.

Actually only 15202 units, confirmed via ipdb!

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from msj2222:

Actually only 15202 units, confirmed via ipdb!

In pinball terms that's a million!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-question-on-a-t2?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.