8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Xerico
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

So my dad and I are building a new game area. I have 13 modern pinballs and he has two beater EMs that he got probably 30 years ago. He wants to put those games in the new area but I think he should either have the games restored or look at other options. He has a sweet hearts and a drop a card. I don't know much about EMs, we did play a fire ball a while back and my dad liked that game a lot. Any suggestions would be great.

Also does anyone have any input on the pinball revival company? They are close to where I live and I have a couple slot machines besides the pins to get possibly restored. Thanks, Mike

#2 8 years ago

Definitely restored EMs. I guess the question is do you want 2 or 3 inch flipper games? Wedge heads or multi player? You can't go wrong with any restored EM in the top 25 listed pinside or Ipdb. I have a combined rating of both pinside and IPDB. See below

http://www.pinminster.com/em-rankings.html

#3 8 years ago

Sweet Hearts is a great game, well worth any restoration you put into it. And DAC has some appeal as well. I currently own both and both are on my list for restoration. Of course I do it myself..

#4 8 years ago

Wow! I must not have very good taste in games as I own only one on that list but have over 20 EMs. I must be missing out.

#5 8 years ago

Everyone pretty much likes 70's Gottlieb 3 inch flipper games.

If you want something different, find a pre 1955 Gottlieb but make sure it plays real well - multiple ways to win, very addictive and usually great artwork.

#6 8 years ago

If you get a chance post some pics of the Sweet Hearts and Drop a Card. Agree, two good titles worth restoring.

#7 8 years ago

Restore the Sweet Hearts and pick up a 1972 Fireball since he likes the Fireball. Fireball is my personal favorite so I am biased.

#8 8 years ago

Just about any Gottlieb wedgehead is a safe bet.

I'm a sucker for 1 player games. I think they're just generally better than multiplayer games of the same age. Bally had some really quirky games that would be fun to pick up as well.

#9 8 years ago

Why not move the "beaters" into the gameroom and play them until you get a better feel for the type(s) of EMs you want down the road?? Nothing wrong with beaters.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Also does anyone have any input on the pinball revival company? They are close to where I live and I have a couple slot machines besides the pins to get possibly restored. Thanks, Mike

My experience with Pinball Revival Company was not a positive experience. In 2012, I was sold a refurbished Gottlieb Melody for $1,850. When it arrived, the game was not even properly working or shopped, much less refurbished. After spending some money on additional parts and refurbishing the game myself, it turned into a very nice game. However, for the money I spent, and the promises made by the Pinball Revival Company, I did not anticipate a machine that would require my own refurbishment efforts.

So unless you can view the machine in person, and buy it and take possession on the spot, I recommend that you avoid doing business with them.

Here is a link to the pictures of the Melody

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.323082051115683.72854.100002416717696&type=1&l=f722882314

Marcus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-pick-some-great-em-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.