• Save my money-wait 16 votes
    11%

(146 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4465C76A-429A-44C8-8000-DEF8325CDA90 (resized).jpeg
StarWars White trim kit t-molding (resized).jpg
100_0364 (resized).JPG
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

I want your opinion to help me pick my next pin! If you’ve got a minute, tell me why I should or shouldn’t get a pin. Should I buy NIB used? I need your advice. If you choose other, please comment

#3 6 years ago

I chose MMR because it’s awesome but truthfully if it was me I would scoop up TWD while they are still available, Pro or Premium either one. Also GOT Pro is an amazing game, so is AS, KiSS, AC/DC.

#4 6 years ago

My local pinball spot Uptown Pinball has Wizard of Oz, Walking Dead Prem and Game of Thrones Le. On feee play. Great options, but no need to buy when I can play them there.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

My local pinball spot Uptown Pinball has Wizard of Oz, Walking Dead Prem and Game of Thrones Le. On feee play. Great options, but no need to buy when I can play them there.

I played MMR a few nights ago and I really enjoyed it. I think it’s priced a little too high but it is a fantastic game. AFMR looks awesome as well and it’s a little cheaper than MMR. I do personally believe that MMR might be the better game though.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I played MMR a few nights ago and I really enjoyed it. I think it’s priced a little too high but it is a fantastic game. AFMR looks awesome as well and it’s a little cheaper than MMR. I do personally believe that MMR might be the better game though.

I agree, I own both MMR and AFMR SE. Both are GREAT but the edge goes to MMR. At the end of the day though, you cant go wrong with the CGC remakes as they build a great game, stand behind it and have support that is second to NONE in the industry.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I agree, I own both MMR and AFMR SE. Both are GREAT but the edge goes to MMR. At the end of the day though, you cant go wrong with the CGC remakes as they build a great game, stand behind it and have support that is second to NONE in the industry.

Agree, they make a quality game for sure.

#8 6 years ago

Get a POTC it's a good pin and the layout is unique, fun, and challenging. Plus sinking the ship is very cool. Then add a shaker motor and the game really comes alive. You should add one to your STNG it really makes a difference.

#9 6 years ago

I would get an AFMr LE while they are still available nib. As others have said the remakes are really well built and CGC has excellent customer service.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Get a POTC it's a good pin and the layout is unique, fun, and challenging. Plus sinking the ship is very cool. Then add a shaker motor and the game really comes alive. You should add one to your STNG it really makes a difference.

Local pinball spot has POTC, it is a fun pin!!

#11 6 years ago

Try an older system 11 pin there great. WW is pretty cool and if you play well the fan is refreshing.

#12 6 years ago

AFM is perfect pinball.

#13 6 years ago

None of the above...............

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

None of the above...............

What do you recommend??

#15 6 years ago

Get you a used jjp if money is not an option.

#16 6 years ago

Dialed In. Jury is still out for the long long haul, but with hundreds of games on it the magic has still not worn off for me and I get excited every time I fire it up. Shaping up to be my favorite pin of all time, taking the spot from Medieval Madness...

Can't go wrong with AFM or MM tho...

#17 6 years ago

All depends what you like.... I notice a lack of early ss games or even an em. Not interested? Or just haven’t had an opportunity? I love early ss games myself, but that may be nostalgia talking.

#18 6 years ago

If I were in the market, I'd wait for that new pirates game. That looks to be the best pin in 30 years.

#19 6 years ago

AFM r classic proven game chances are even non pinheads who come over will like it too.

#20 6 years ago

Use the money to buy a bunch of power ball tickets, and when you win, buy them all!

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Get you a used jjp if money is not an option.

I think I know a guy who’s got some of these pins for sale......

#22 6 years ago

I would get out and play a DI LE. Really fun game which has that original B/W feel but with a current feel to it. Solid rules, tons of interesting shots and toys; and just a blast to play.
Personally I found the theme less to be about a cell phone & more a disaster themed game.
Whatever you choose, I would suggest getting out and playing the pin beforehand.
There are some other awesome choices on your list like MM, AFM & LOTR. In particular, the AFMR LE looks beautiful.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

All depends what you like.... I notice a lack of early ss games or even an em. Not interested? Or just haven’t had an opportunity? I love early ss games myself, but that may be nostalgia talking.

I’ve played some, but they are just not for me. Fun for a few minutes, but not to own.

#24 6 years ago

The OP has a good range of titles in his collection already, that span an era or two and have different depths and mix of shots. So with that in mind, I think I'd want something different and modern, therefore striking the remakes/vaults as well as LOTR. They're all great, I own an MMR and love AFMR, but I'd be looking for an LCD game.

And because I don't care much for TH (personal taste), that leaves SW and DI: two games that seem to instill pretty divisive opinions. Obviously, play them and see which you prefer. I like my SW, some people rant about DI. That being said, I think TNA might be something to look at for greater variety in your collection.

Really, whatever you get off that list (or TNA), you can't go wrong. Enjoy

#25 6 years ago

Of the ones you've listed, I'd go with either Medieval Madness or Star Wars. I haven't played Dialed In yet, so I can't comment on that one - though I've heard it's excellent.

With MM, you've got arguably the best game ever made. Star Wars just got a great code update, and is arguably the fastest game out there. I play my Premium more than any other game in my collection. Much like TWD, it took a lot of flack early on, but is quickly shaping up to be one of Stern's best.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Use the money to buy a bunch of power ball tickets, and when you win, buy them all!

Great idea!! That would be amazing, I would buy every pin ever made. Put them into a huge warehouse and put them all on free play for everyone to enjoy!! and free beer and pizza for everyone too!

#27 6 years ago

I think Guardians is making its way onto my radar. Plenty going on the playfield. Good shots. Good soundtrack. Liking the display and the whole package.

#28 6 years ago

how about you let fate decide and buy the next thing that is a screaming deal that's close to you? This way you get some variety. Open yourself up to something that isn't NIB and enjoy the decade of fruits that pinball has offered. Most of the pinball collecting experience isn't about NIB. Never was until very very recently.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from spazzman90:

I think Guardians is making its way onto my radar. Plenty going on the playfield. Good shots. Good soundtrack. Liking the display and the whole package.

Haven’t played it yet! I do like the movies, well I liked the First movie. The second was kinda strange to me.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

how about you let fate decide and buy the next thing that is a screaming deal that's close to you? This way you get some variety. Open yourself up to something that isn't NIB and enjoy the decade of fruits that pinball has offered. Most of the pinball collecting experience isn't about NIB. Never was until very very recently.

Great idea! I have never bought new in box and I may never buy NIB. I’ve finally saved up enough money to buy 1 really nice NIB or a few lesser titles. I’m excited, it’s like new car shopping!!

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Great idea! I have never bought new in box and I may never buy NIB. I’ve finally saved up enough money to buy 1 really nice NIB or a few lesser titles. I’m excited, it’s like new car shopping!!

buying a game that's only 6 months old is like buying NIB. Only difference is, you don't have to find a spot for the box.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

buying a game that's only 6 months old is like buying NIB. Only difference is, you don't have to find a spot for the box.

But I want a box to destroy like waspinatOr did when he got GotG. Just joking, I don not need to have a NIB, but it would be nice to experience a brand new pin!!

#33 6 years ago

You should buy my SMVE. I’ll meet you half way so the drive doesn’t kill you.

But seriously I voted SW. I love it.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

You should buy my SMVE. I’ll meet you half way so the drive doesn’t kill you.
But seriously I voted SW. I love it.

Make me a deal... or Want to trade? Pm me

#35 6 years ago

Lots of great ideas!! Any other suggestions? Comments?

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I think I know a guy who’s got some of these pins for sale......

I think so too

#37 6 years ago

Wow, a lot of people say Dialed In. I need to go play that!!!

#38 6 years ago

Either the Hobbit or Dialed in.

#39 6 years ago

Not Hobbit it’s tanking in secondary sales for a reason

#40 6 years ago

I change my vote to another NBA fastbreak.

#41 6 years ago

Save for Houdini or MBr?

#42 6 years ago

get Metallica if you can

#43 6 years ago

Metallic pro or acdc premium. These are great.

#44 6 years ago

I read your wish list . All are great games I have owned most.
AFM or STERN Star Wars . Happy holidays .

100_0364 (resized).JPG100_0364 (resized).JPG

StarWars White trim kit t-molding (resized).jpgStarWars White trim kit t-molding (resized).jpg

#45 6 years ago

Any jjp. They're all different than anything currently in your collection

#46 6 years ago

New option: trade 3 for 1
Demolition Man, NBA Fastbreak, Star Trek the Next Generation

Trade all three for original Medieval Madness
Sound good???

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

New option: trade 3 for 1
Demolition Man, NBA Fastbreak, Star Trek the Next Generation
Trade all three for original Medieval Madness
Sound good???

I wouldn't do that trade but I understand the desire to.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I wouldn't do that trade but I understand the desire to.

The trade is with a friend, so I can go play them anytime. I’m still gonna get another new pin, what else do you think I should get?

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

The trade is with a friend, so I can go play them anytime. I’m still gonna get another new pin, what else do you think I should get?

That works out great then. My wife and kids want a GOT Premium. We've played it on location and they liked it a lot. We like fast pins, iron man is pretty high on our list too.

#50 6 years ago

The pin I regret selling most is definitely Stargate.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-pick-my-next-pin-3?hl=sshughes75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.