Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by tomdotcom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 14 years ago

star trex ng,monster bash,family guy.
    pins i have now, lotr le,spiderman,potc,simpsons pp,guns and roses,circus voltaire.
    I am look for longtivty not price.
    sttng is $2500 its in great shape,monster bash is $4500 in great shape,family guy is $3400.
    I have not played any of these pins. I am not a star trex fan,I like family guy. Tryed finding some where to play but no luck.

#2 14 years ago

Family guy is quite bad for my taste (and I like Family guy series) so my line would be;

1. Monster Bash
    2. Star Trek TNG
    3.Family Guy

Both STTNG and MB are great pins!

#3 14 years ago

3 great games.

I agree with Icehill on the Monster Bash over the other 2. Its not the deepest game, but it sure is fun. It looks like you have very deep games (TSPP and LOTR) already to fill that need.

If the Monster Bash falls through, probably go with the Star Trek, and third being the Family Guy.

#4 14 years ago

Monster Bash.

Blue chip pin all the way.

#5 14 years ago

Monster bash is fun, funny and looks good too. Haven't played the other two yet.

#6 14 years ago

Monster Bash is for kids, a kids game I tell ya
    take away the toys and lower the sound - what do you have?
    own it only on X-Box
    Family guy is the only way to go of the 3

#7 14 years ago

He also has a scared stiff. How is that pin. Thanks . I let everyone on pinside pick my last pin (lotr le) what a great pick. I am looking for fun fast pin. I alread have deep pins.

#8 14 years ago

What you need to do tatman9999 is find a pinball show this year and play every thing old and new - it's the only way

#9 14 years ago

Scared Stiff is another good one. Very similar to Monster Bash in its simple layout. I dunno. SS while very fun, is not as big a spectacle like MB is.

Activating the MB toys is breathtaking with the sounds that go on. "ITS ALIVE!" sequence is my favorite pinball in-game event next to BSD's Mist-Multiball. The dot matrix animation and quotes appeal to everyone (Drac: "Can I get fries with that stake?"). When we played it, we would get a crowd whenever the Bride smacks Frankenstein on the head with a frying pan for "Ball and Chain" bonus. If your into rock music, MB can't be beat.

To this day, I wish I could get the mp3 for the tune they have during Mosh Pit multiball.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, LIVE FROM TRANSYLVANIA SQUARE GARDEN! PLEASE WELCOME, THE MONSTERS OF ROOOOOCK!"

Drac: "Hello Transylvania! Lets Rock!"

Me and a friend used to sing along to the song that begins afterwards, since it was so catchy.

#10 14 years ago

what jou think of a batman dark night by stern?

#11 14 years ago

Monster Bash all the way, only 3000 odd ever made, a good one over here goes for $10,000.00 minimum.

#12 14 years ago

Star Trek TNG! Family Guy is good too,Did not care for Monster Bash.

#13 14 years ago

hehe yea, I agree Leigh, it's a pricey one.

I find them for usually 4-5K, but beaten up to all hell. You can see the playfield down to the wood grain by the primary scoop on some, while on others, Frankenstein is so beat up he doesn't even register.

The game got a lot of play, so what can you do. The small production numbers only inflate the prices even more.

If I win the lotto or marry Oprah, I'll pick up a pristine MB & MM.

#14 14 years ago

looks like monster bash or how about addams family?

#15 14 years ago

TAF or MB. That's a tough one. Both great pinnies!

They are similar games aimed at casuals, though I think TAF REALLY goes for the casuals. TAF has more stop & go play, and it may be the draw (aside from the license). Interesting to note, that every time we have a pinball party at a friend's place, no pinheads touch the TAF. New players, wives, girlfriends, and kids though...gravitate to the TAF like its got a tractor beam.

If you really wanted a TAF, you could always get one later (getting both MB & TAF). Up to you really. They are more readily available than Monster Bash. You'd have to pay a pretty penny for a decent TAF. Those playfields are for the most part used & abused, unless game was a home/domestic machine.

#16 14 years ago

Monster Bash is awesome - can't go wrong with it, trust me!

RD

#17 14 years ago

My vote goes again to MB. dont really care for TAF...

#18 14 years ago

I'd also take the monster bash out of those choices...good luck either way they are all good pins...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-pick-my-next-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.