(Topic ID: 72077)

Help me pick my LED(s) and powder coat for 2 restorations.

By starbase

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_0019_20131215_3086.jpg
DSC_0010_20131215_3077.jpg
DSC_0028_20131215_3095.jpg
DSC_0022_20131215_3089.jpg
image-95.jpg
image-662.jpg
image-479.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider starbase.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Need a little help or guidance with my SS and TZ restorations that are with Chris in NC and about to start. I had planned to do a black mirrored powdercoat for the armors/legs on both but having second thoughts. Both have drano's black mirror blades so I thought the fit of black would be decent. Now I am thinking maybe Chrome the TZ and leave the black for the SS. Crazier thoughts were to do a dark navy style blue for TZ and like a deep Red for SS sort of blood like, not interested in neon Green.

Any thoughts on powdercoating the ramps and wireguides on TZ? Is this a bad idea, will it lead to bad wear down the road? Don't mind spending a bit more if they hold up well.

Going to do full LED,s in both and confused about what to use for the GI and inserts. I always love how Black Rose does his with the frosted in the GI but concerned they may be too bright or distracting. Want something bright for the inserts but not insane. Not concerned about price just want good quality and no ghosting.

Any tips, or pics or thoughts on any of this is appreciated. I realize ultimately it will up to me to make a decision but I though someone out there who has done some of this would have some thoughts.

What say you pinside?

#8 10 years ago

Thanks for all the input, did not think I would get much response. All this is very helpful.

Quoted from TaylorVA:

Incandescent and stock trim. Done.

So chrome armor? Why incandescent, won't I be replacing them more often and draining more power? Nobody likes a little color in their slingshots? A little brighter inserts seems like a no brainer.

I guess not as many as I thought are fans of Black Roses' in your face bright style conversions?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/GzrKPUPchs0?autoplay=1&rel=0

#16 10 years ago

I am leaning towards passing on powdercoating as it adds nothing to actually playing. Will be cool enough without the bling. Scared of chrome because I dont want to tell every person that comes over to wash up before playing in the arcade or have to wipe up every-time they are played. Still leaning towards LEDS but now I am shying away from doing colored lighting everywhere. Will look at retros led as that sounds what I am looking for.

1 week later
#20 10 years ago

Thanks, very helpful.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

£ 49.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 14.95
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 132.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider starbase.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-pick-my-leds-and-powder-coat-for-2-restorations?tu=starbase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.