(Topic ID: 167206)

Help me pick a personalized plate for my new car!

By Whysnow

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 219 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Grinder901
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0119 (resized).JPG
    Lionman.jpg
    my93RMW new woodgrain2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2286 (resized).JPG
    MV5BMzUzMjE4MDE2M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTU2NjU0MQ@@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    dc36b8900ee704be579a4c283c477c34aa1668f9 (resized).jpg
    Whirlwind (resized).JPG
    20160927_162845 (resized).jpg
    plate2 (resized).JPG
    silver_bells-Christmas_song (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    image (resized).jpeg
    i-love-yr-mom (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg

There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

the general public will think you're a Furry

Maybe he is! I've heard the Furry scene is where it's at these days ...

rd

#202 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jeekayjay:

kstmpltsR4dorks
    I think they could make that fit.

then dork me up

#203 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I thought you were trying not to be so purposefully negative?

I am. I'm not calling people stupid or belittling them, or joining in pile-ons. But that doesn't mean I don't have opinions. My opinion is that LIONMAN is a very obscure pinball reference that only a few Pinsiders will get.

Pinside has over 400 viewers on a daily basis.

Worldwide. So out of seven billion people, a few thousand like pinball. Of those thousands, a few hundred check out Pinside regularly, and of those, a few know LIONMAN.

Most pinheads have heard the lionman call out and like the game.

Prior to joining Pinside I had never played SoF, ever, in 20 years of collecting. I never knew anyone who owned it. First time I ever played it was at the VFW. Please don't assume your experience is everyone's.

Pretty sure furry is far from what the general public will think, more likely to think I work at the local zoo.

I will conduct a poll on my Facebook and let you know!

#204 7 years ago

Hey Whysnow, I mean Lionman,
    Let us know some of the faces/comments/reactions you get from people when you are out and about around town in your vehicle w/ the Lionman plate.
    I'm sure some will be puzzled, others will be amused.

#205 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Hey Whysnow, I mean Lionman,
    Let us know some of the faces/comments/reactions you get from people when you are out and about around town in your vehicle w/ the Lionman plate.
    I'm sure some will be puzzled, others will be amused.

so far so good.

The local pinheads have all gotten it. Some said they dont care for the game and I just yell LIONMAN at them

#206 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I am. I'm not calling people stupid or belittling them, or joining in pile-ons. But that doesn't mean I don't have opinions. My opinion is that LIONMAN is a very obscure pinball reference that only a few Pinsiders will get.

Worldwide. So out of seven billion people, a few thousand like pinball. Of those thousands, a few hundred check out Pinside regularly, and of those, a few know LIONMAN.

Prior to joining Pinside I had never played SoF, ever, in 20 years of collecting. I never knew anyone who owned it. First time I ever played it was at the VFW. Please don't assume your experience is everyone's.

Who cares? Why shouldn't he go with an extra-inside joke aimed at a few dozen Pinsiders vs. one of the other pinball inside joke suggestions that a few thousand pinball aficionados will understand. Either way, 99%+ of people that see it will have no clue what it means.

#207 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I once worked on a car that was owned by a hockey player that was playing for the Admirals. He was Russian , his plate was XAHA BAM . Cyrillic and English alphabets share some letters (some make the same sounds as each other some not) . His plate had to be read as it was in Cyrillic . I bet not too many understood it but I did and thought it was great.

#208 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

The local pinheads have all gotten it. Some said they dont care for the game and I just yell LIONMAN at them

I highly recommend that same response to ANYONE who asks about it.

My plate is KLR WAL a Cali plate that actually has a whale's tale between the R and W. I can't tell you how sad it is to get someone who asks or tries to figure it out loud, and its probably happened a half dozen times in 3 years.

I'm about to replate here in CO and they have a trout plate that is a hilarious replacement but nobody but me will get that it references my original CA plate. That said its already ordered. The best part of vanity plates is confounding or confusing anyone who tries to read it and culling out those who do get it and can be trusted as reliable humans.

my93RMW new woodgrain2 (resized).jpgmy93RMW new woodgrain2 (resized).jpg

#209 7 years ago

great plate!

#210 7 years ago

sweet rims on the wagon also!

#211 7 years ago

PIN84L
    PIN84LL
    Both Available

#212 7 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Who cares? Why shouldn't he go with an extra-inside joke aimed at a few dozen Pinsiders vs. one of the other pinball inside joke suggestions that a few thousand pinball aficionados will understand. Either way, 99%+ of people that see it will have no clue what it means.

Well if the majority of pinball people do not get it, you can always go on tour with Mumford and Sons. Imagine all of the Mumford groupies swarming the car in the parking lot chanting "Little Lionman". It could happen? -Joking

Lionman.jpgLionman.jpg

#213 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Well if the majority of pinball people do not get it, you can always go on tour with Mumford and Sons. Imagine all of the Mumford groupies swarming the car in the parking lot chanting "Little Lionman". It could happen? -Joking
    » YouTube video

There you go! No possible downside with this plate.

#214 7 years ago

Maybe I missed it but I can't believe "FLIP OUT" wasn't suggested. Who knows what game this is from at first glance?

IMG_0119 (resized).JPGIMG_0119 (resized).JPG

#215 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_M:

Maybe I missed it but I can't believe "FLIP OUT" wasn't suggested. Who knows what game this is from at first glance?

ES

#216 7 years ago

For a Subaru??..

BUTRCUP

#218 7 years ago

is this supposed to be some sort of personal dig? Do I even know you? Pretty sure I have never dealt with you ever, so would like to hear your background for this jab which is frankly bullshit. I regularly overpay for titles I want.

There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-pick-a-personalized-plate-for-my-new-car/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.