Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by NicoVolta
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1201 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0068 (resized).JPG
    Bambi Christmas sm (resized).jpg
    backglass hdr1 (resized).jpg
    playfield 5 (resized).jpg
    image-5 (resized).jpg
    2388506766_2966bb6a8f_o (resized).jpg
    178 (resized).jpg
    176 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0474 (resized).PNG
    image-6 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 6 years ago

Best EM spinner game is Fun Park. It also comes complete with two inch flippers and bells.

#12 6 years ago

But if you prefer a single player game with the longer flippers and chimes, it's got to be Bon Voyage.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

(Odin's opinion is to be respected, even when you hate to agree)

I totally agree!

Yeah, Bon Voyage can be had at a fair price, and very good single player rules. The one I had stuck around for quite a while. And the spinner is well located for ripping. Fun Park would be a little harder to find and it's replay brother Fun Land doesn't have as good of rules

Of the multiplayers, Grand Prix and Hokus Pokus were fun to shoot with ripping spinners but lacked much depth unless you had someone to play with. Surfer and Surf Champ probably aren't what you are going to want in a spinner game as it looks like it was an afterthought and the shot leads to nowhere.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Grand Prix does intimidate me a little with so many working mechanisms. I do like its 2 player cousin Space Odyssey.
    The 2-Player version of Surfer seems to be highly rated by a lot of Folks.

Grand Prix is fully loaded alright and it's been a while since I played an Aztec, but like I mentioned, Surfer isn't really known for it's spinner. Truth is I don't know what makes that game so popular, didn't last long here, but it's probably not the spinner.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

Surfer / Champ but it seems to me that the spinner is in an unusual place on the playfield and hence you don't get the satisfaction of seeing the ball continue on further on the play field..... right in front of a pop bumper looks out of place.

That's what I meant.

A variety of features for sure in a non symmetrical layout, but gets old fast. Even being a surfer myself, not a fan of the art package either. Easy game to sell though..

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Bon Voyage (I remember this Machine now,an Airport Bar...)

That's quite the appropriate place for one. And if it is a single player game you seek, I'm drawing a blank trying to come up with something comparable.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Take a look at Outer Space. It’s a 2 Shot game, but they’re two really good shots.

So is Red Baron. Surprised nobody's mentioned that one yet

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Bally "Bow and Arrow" and Williams "Blue Chip" are good spinner games.

Indeed.

And if you want two ripping spinners and 4 chimes and aren't dead set on an EM, take a look at 1978's Stern Stars. I can't praise this game enough.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I have a feeling that what you are recommending is always Ultimate and many times unobtainium.
    Still,I appreciate the Info.
    All of the early SS/EM configurations I have seen featured beeps. I look forward to watching a few videos on the transition machines.
    Stern Stars will be the first.

I paid $350 for my Stars and my buddy bought one for $500. But it is the ultimate. Same guy Steve Kirk helped design Fun Park. He's the spinner king. The boards are basic early Bally and are cheap. And NO BEEPS! Just chimes.

It easily replaced Grand Prix, Hokus Pokus, Surfer, and all the rest except Fun Park. No going back now!

#49 6 years ago

You might as well just go with the original.

image-5 (resized).jpgimage-5 (resized).jpg

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Somehow O-Din's Bon Voyage found its way to me.

Well, it's not like we live in the same county or anything.

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

How did you bid farewell to the game when you sold it? Did you say Bon Voyage?

I think I said "ola' to the cash.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-pick-a-em?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.