View topic image gallery

BK2K playfield.png
monday night FB.png
bad cats.png
Hurricane.png
Jokerz.png
black knight 2k.png
#1 9 years ago

So I found these machines along with a bunch of others in a guys basement. He ran some coin op routes for years and is thinking of clearing them out.

What do you think I should offer the guy for these machines in these conditions. He says they all work but who knows really. Id probably have to buy them like they sit and take the gamble.

Titles:

Black knight 2000
bad cats
Monday night football
hurricane
jokerz
high speed
whirlwind (badly worn playfield)
evel knievel

He had some more but I either had them or I wasn't that interested

#2 9 years ago

sorry the pics are awful. Cell phone taking pictures in a dungeon basically

black knight 2k.pngblack knight 2k.png

Jokerz.pngJokerz.png

Hurricane.pngHurricane.png

#3 9 years ago

He does say that he has all the back glasses and other parts to put them back together

bad cats.pngbad cats.png

monday night FB.pngmonday night FB.png

#4 9 years ago

Trouble is all of these machines can be had in good shape for $1K to $2K ea. so with the uncertainty and buying the whole lot you'd have to go pretty darn low, especially if it's known some pfs are shot and parts missing. That BC looks badly faded even through the smog. $4K-$5K maybe if depending on how much info you can get?

#5 9 years ago

I'm just going to assume he put these here as projects- "i can fix this or that when I've got the time". So take that into the price consideration as well when making your offer.

#6 9 years ago

They don't work. Who the hell would tear the games apart to store them if they were working?!?

#7 9 years ago

I am assuming you are correct and there is something wrong with each of them otherwise it would have been pointless to take them apart.

#8 9 years ago

$100 per game

#9 9 years ago

He says they work...He must want the price to reflect that they work. I would ask him to show you that they work, otherwise they should be sold as project games in nonworking various states of non working. As for price, that depends on what is broken, missing, faded, scratched, and rusted. I would make him give you a price, then go from there.

#10 9 years ago

$1000-$1400 for the lot

#11 9 years ago

I'd do $3k for the lot, that's less than $400 a machine. I would start lower, but most ops know they values, and that would be my walk away point.

#12 9 years ago

You have to factor in all of your sweat equity that you are going to have to put in to all of these machines.

What is that time worth to you?

I bet just to clean them properly maybe 20 hours per machine. Bare minimum new rubbers everywhere and balls.

What would those machines be worth when you sold them? Maybe get $8000 total for perfectly cleaned and fixed when your done.

I'd say maybe 250-400 a machine as is. plus or minus a little.

#13 9 years ago

Yeah that is kind of the range I was hoping to be in (200-400 per). Obviously some of these titles hold more value than others. I just don't want to over pay.

As far as the work, I love tearing one down to clean it up (Im a dork like that). To me fixing it up is half the fun. That's really the main reason I am so interested in these games. Of all of them I'd really like to own a Black Knight 2000, but I would enjoy fixing them all up.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Of all of them I'd really like to own a Black Knight 2000, but I would enjoy fixing them all up.

Yeah, looks like it's been picked through, so maybe he's ready to take a low ball offer. The WW might turn out to be good if you're up for a swap, given there are PF's out there still.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

I think that's a bit low, except for maybe Kneival or MNF. I don't know of anywhere that I can find any of the sys 11 machines, even in a project state like that for $400 a pop. I'll take any single one for that price. I couldn't pull $600 out my wallet quick enough for the BK2000.

#16 9 years ago

I'd give $200 each.

If they worked, the OP would have never taken them apart, certainly not all at once.

And if he really was an OP of some sort, he would quickly assemble them, get them up and running, and get some real money for them.

The careless, haphazard way stuff is piled on top of them further shows that they are going to probably need expensive plastics, if not new playfields from the warp of having all that weight on them.

You will probably find that certain expensive parts are missing from each one, once you start going through them.

#17 9 years ago

One dollar Bob.

#18 9 years ago

I just purchased a 99% working Cyclone with a badly worn PF for 350.00 just so I'd have lots of extra parts for my other Cyclone and other Williams games.The BG is also painted and not a translight and in about perect shape.
Maybe I got lucky but 300.00 to 400.00 was all I was willing to pay and he gladly took my money.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

I just purchased a 99% working Cyclone with a badly worn PF for 350.00 just so I'd have lots of extra parts for my other Cyclone and other Williams games.The BG is also painted and not a translight and in about perect shape.
Maybe I got lucky but 300.00 to 400.00 was all I was willing to pay and he gladly took my money.

Badly worn pf Cyclones are a tough sell, I am a bit of an artist and I cringe at the thought of trying to retouch one of those playfields. The last time I ran into a worn out Cyclone, about the only difference from your description was it had an excellent translight. Badly worn playfield and they still wanted a little over a grand for it.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I think that's a bit low, except for maybe Kneival or MNF. I don't know of anywhere that I can find any of the sys 11 machines, even in a project state like that for $400 a pop. I'll take any single one for that price. I couldn't pull $600 out my wallet quick enough for the BK2000.

That Black Knight 2000 was probably the nicest looking of all of them. However I couldn't really get around to check all of them

#21 9 years ago

BK2K playfield.pngBK2K playfield.png

#22 9 years ago

BK2K always on my hot list. I just saw this populated but worn out playfield on Ebay for $1124.00 the other day. With a brief though that if was really inexpensive, like a few hundred bucks, I might have been able to buy it and eventually piece on together. I guess I am supposed to hold out for one of these "$400.00" project machines? Yeah right, I will probably never get a hold of one in my lifetime.

ebay.com link: WILLIAMS BLACK KNIGHT 2000 PINBALL MACHINE POPULATED PLAYFIELD ASSEMBLY RARE

#23 9 years ago

I saw that too. I thought to myself that that was the craziest price I have ever seen.

#24 9 years ago

I can't tell from the pictures but most can be brought back to life it seems. Hard to say but 300 to 400 Dollars sounds right.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Rudy67:

I can't tell from the pictures but most can be brought back to life it seems. Hard to say but 300 to 400 Dollars sounds right.

I don't know where you are located, but here in Ohio $300-400 only buys project EMs....or Raven.

Quoted from maddog14:

You have to factor in all of your sweat equity that you are going to have to put in to all of these machines.
What is that time worth to you?
I bet just to clean them properly maybe 20 hours per machine. Bare minimum new rubbers everywhere and balls.
What would those machines be worth when you sold them? Maybe get $8000 total for perfectly cleaned and fixed when your done.

Duh, how dumb am I? These prices are what flippers want to pay for these machines, not keepers. No wonder the price suggestions are so low.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Duh, how dumb am I? These prices are what flippers want to pay for these machines, not keepers. No wonder the price suggestions are so low.

I don't think they are flipper prices per say. If you are buying a group deal, and one that likely has been picked over by several people already, and this is what is left, there are likely reasons for this and some serious issues. I know you know how to repair a machine, so I'm sure you know that many little things and stripped parts, sometimes impossible to find, can add up to $$$ very fast and make these purchases very risky.

I think if you are doing the op a favor in buying all the last few left overs he has, and given their states, there should be some slack cut on the price for sure.

We are not talking a one off machine that just stopped working in someone's home, in that regard, of course each would fetch more.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I don't think they are flipper prices per say. If you are buying a group deal, and one that likely has been picked over by several people already, and this is what is left, there are likely reasons for this and some serious issues. I know you know how to repair a machine, so I'm sure you know that many little things and stripped parts, sometimes impossible to find, can add up to $$$ very fast and make these purchases very risky.
I think if you are doing the op a favor in buying all the last few left overs he has, and given their states, there should be some slack cut on the price for sure.
We are not talking a one off machine that just stopped working in someone's home, in that regard, of course each would fetch more.

Actually, I was the first one in the place. I do not believe the guy has ever sold anything. He had about 100 arcade games, 30 juke boxes, several old shuffle alleys, 100 cherry masters and megatouch videos, etc... I'd say he had every bit of 100 completely populated playfields and all the boards that went with them He says the cabinets were junk so he pulled them out.

I am super interested in buying some of them but probably not all. I get that if I bought them in a package I should get them cheaper but what would you give for each game individually. I am selling my Galaxy and Kings of Steel tomorrow and the money is burning a whole in my pocket haha.

#28 9 years ago

I'd just focus on 2 that you wanted, turds take up space/time/money/energy.

#29 9 years ago

The pictures are so vague, you're going to be a better judge of value than anyone here. I would try to ballpark a figure you could recoup for each one if you parted it out, that way you have a safety net.

#30 9 years ago

With what you've had, taking into account that they are probably minimally extreme projects... This also assumes that you can check and ensure that games all have boards in them.

Black Knight 2000 - $700ish. For reasons that I'll never understand, BK2K seems to have a very high secondary market for it, and a complete and working game will bring easily $1500 or more. Besides that, you said that you enjoy fixing machines up and you want this one, so I would give it a bit of an extra bump for that.

Bad Cats - $500ish. Another game with a strong secondary market. Looks like stuff is sitting on the playfield glass, so I assume what is underneath is mostly okay.

Monday Night Football - $400ish. Game does not command a high premium, rarity means parts aren't worth much but will be hard to replace to fix.

Hurricane - $400ish. Probably the least popular Williams DMD title, and that's saying something.

jokerz - $300ish. I've seen nice working ones sell for about $800 relatively recently, so anything more just doesn't seem right.

High Speed - $350ish. See Whirlwind below, but know that High Speed is a little less popular than Whirlwind, so your final sale price would be lower.

Whirlwind (badly worn playfield) - $600ish. This one is tough - Whirlwind had a playfield repro recently and I believe they are making more. It also had a plastic repro. Playfields and plastics on them are always blown out, so replacing / upgrading those doesn't make a huge difference. If everything is there and good, it's a $2000+ machine now. Parts are abundant.

evel knievel - $250ish. There were lots of them, but it's older and doesn't command a huge premium.

If you're going to make a group buy, I'd suggest going down at least another $500 overall so you'd be looking at $3000 for everything, or $375 apiece. I don't deny the people claiming lower numbers (hell, usually that's me!), but games like this do have a floor because you could always part them and sell them if it comes to it. For instance, a blown out but complete Hurricane playfield and boardset will put you back to your $400 level easy. That's where I tried setting my numbers.

Good luck! I'd love to rummage through 100 playfields just to see what is there

#31 9 years ago

3k-4k tops-- as long as all major components are there and decent.
Good luck with your basement raid!
~Steveo

(btw) BK2K would only be one in the lot that I'd personally interested into hanging on to.

#32 9 years ago

$4000 for that load of junk is insane to clean out some op's garbage for him.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from steve-o:

3k-4k tops-- as long as all major components are there and decent.
Good luck with your basement raid!
~Steveo
(btw) BK2K would only be one in the lot that I'd personally interested into hanging on to.

Something about that song and those lights on BK2K just make me want it more. It was the only one that I could actually see the playfield on from where they sat and it looked to be in the best shape.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Something about that song and those lights on BK2K just make me want it more. It was the only one that I could actually see the playfield on from where they sat and it looked to be in the best shape.

So you need to buy it for that ridiculously low price of $300 and sell it to me for $600. Double your money, and you won't even have to change a light bulb

#35 9 years ago

I'd say the price would be closer to $600 on that one if I were guessing. Honestly it will probably be more than that considering my luck.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.99
$ 179.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-out-with-some-prices-on-these-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.