(Topic ID: 236241)

Help me out Pinside... Pick my lineup!

By gunstarhero

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gunstarhero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hey Pinside!

So I have 13 games that I am generally pretty fond of...

Twilight Zone
    Ghostbusters
    Theater of Magic
    Black Knight 2000
    Medieval Madness
    Monopoly
    Demolition Man
    Judge Dredd
    World Cup Soccer
    Shadow
    Creature from the Black Lagoon
    Devils Dare
    Spanish Eyes

...but the problem is really only have room for 5, with a stretch of 8! So I need to make some decisions.

I’ve been running lineups through my head of what to keep and what to move and decided I’d just ask... what do you all think? Best lineup of 5 with best 3 “extras” and any justification you’d give, or not. It’s all you!

I’d like to have a varied lineup with a mix of gameplay, designers and themes... but am open to any suggestions.

I know condition matters but there’s just too many variables there... so condition wise just consider them all as “nice players” games.

Help me out Pinside!!

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Add a poll that allows for multiple selections. It will help you not to have to add them up and get more votes.

Hmm! I do kinda like that idea but I like the reasons some people are putting and feel like a poll might not encourage that.

Thanks for the responses so far, there have been a couple things that make me go “Hmmm...”

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

My vote will be what ever your favorites are. Doesn't mean others will like you list as much as the next person either. It will be a tough choice regardless when it comes to downsizing.

Absolutely, just looking for some perspective. It’s interesting to see how others tackle a conundrum you could be facing, you know?

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

...while nice to have an EM, do you play it much?

It’s for profiling purposes... you know so I have a well rounded collection:

1 EM
    1 early Solid State
    1 system 11
    10 DMDs

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Sell them all and buy 3-4 that you really want. Will keep you busy and satisfied for a few years at least.

Lol, the problem is I really want them ALL. Mine, yours, loaners, I don’t care... I’m always down to get new pins.

Quoted from HighVoltage:

If 8 is a stretch, what is 13? I'm wondering how you accomplished this...

Great question. 9 in the garage, 3 in the house, 1 out on loan.

I basically have a perfect wall for 5 in the garage, and 4 are in the middle of the garage now. I have a car I need to get in there in the next couple months tho. Selling the car is not an option.

The goal is to keep pinball out of the “living area” (not the wife’s call, but mine) so that we can at least pretend to be grown ups sometimes, lol. Don’t want a Silver Spoons living room. We have furniture we’d need to get rid of too.

I know, I know. Get a bigger house! Genius.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

That made me chuckle-I totally am turning into Silver Spoons-have a MM in my family room and ditched the dining room table(we used once a year) for more room for another arcade to add more machines. I gave up on trying to conform to society's typical home layout-I could care less what guest or neighbors think(I will tell you-most people think it is cool).

Ha, love it. You know what’s funny tho, is it’s not about what poeple think, but about my actual enjoyment. Our last house had a large conversion garage that acted as my living room (and de facto pinball room) and for some reason I just didn’t play the games as much in that environment, plus they were just useless at parties or get togethers because they were overpoweringly loud. When the games have their own quasi-dedicated space I find that when I enter that space, I’m in the mood to play.

Quoted from jorro:

Get rid of your furniture

Basically genius.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Keep whatever you play the most and enjoy the most. Why ask us?

Cause I enjoy all of them in one way or another and it’s kind of interesting to see what people think?

I also value the input of my fellow pinball affectionados and wanted to see what they would choose.

BTW, like your lineup. Would love to play Wrath of Olympus someday.

#33 5 years ago

Ha I forgot about that thread.

It’s funny I have gotten another CFTBL since that post.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gunstarhero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-out-pinside-pick-my-lineup?tu=gunstarhero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.