(Topic ID: 203302)

Help me make my US/Canada trip pintastic!

By chinosts

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by chinosts
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Things I should do in Canada / US while there”

• Visit some pinball manufacturers and swap meets. 5 votes
    50%
  • Enter some pinball tournaments and then realize how bad I am at playing pinball 3 votes
    30%
  • Get lost picking in the wilds of Canada and perhaps stumble across a barn full of pinball machines. 1 vote
    10%
  • Spend all my time being a good boyfriend to my girlfriend and forget about pinball for a while. 1 vote
    10%

(10 votes)

#1 6 years ago

I've been in a long distance relationship for a couple of years now with a Canadian girl. I love her to bits but I also love pinball and I want to do some pinball related things while I am over there next month. I will be based in BC but I am more than willing to fly to anywhere in the US / Canada to meet other pinheads, play some pinball and perhaps even buy a pinball or two. I own a Road Show and love it like it was my only child.

Any events, places etc. I should put on my places to go? I've already been to the pinball hall of fame in Vegas a few years back which was great. I was contemplating going to Chicago to check out the Stern factory but I am not sure if its possible to do some kind of tour? What about buying direct from them?

I'll be over there until the end of Jan so hopefully there are some events I can attend during that time...

#2 6 years ago

Sounds fun,

Where in BC?
If Vancouver, Seattle is pretty close and has tons of Pinball.

Stern usually will host if you make plans in advance but Jan is not best time to visit Chicago.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Sounds fun,
Where in BC?
If Vancouver, Seattle is pretty close and has tons of Pinball.
Stern usually will host if you make plans in advance but Jan is not best time to visit Chicago.

Hey Pdxmonkey Seattle sounds awesome. Where do you suggest I go while there? Do you know of any event happening in the Seattle area Dec-Jan?

Cheers!

#4 6 years ago

Poll needs another option.... "Rework the plans (by delaying or staying longer) so you can get to the Texas Pinball Festival March 16-18"

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball pyramid bracket

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Poll needs another option.... "Rework the plans (by delaying or staying longer) so you can get to the Texas Pinball Festival March 16-18"
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball pyramid bracket

My gf would kill me if I delayed my trip..

#6 6 years ago

Chinosts,
Canada and the Northern part of the US is cold in January.
Sounds like your girlfriend should visit you where it is the summer, then around June/Jul/August, you come to Canada when the weather is fantastic. Just sayin...

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

Chinosts,
Canada and the Northern part of the US is cold in January.
Sounds like your girlfriend should visit you where it is the summer, then around June/Jul/August, you come to Canada when the weather is fantastic. Just sayin...

thanks Hitch9 Me and my gf both love the cold weather and are hoping for tons of snow this year! Where I am from its sunny and hot for almost the whole year around so the cold weather is a nice change. That's said its always nice in the summer as well and it does appear that there are more things on during the summer...

#8 6 years ago

Is your girlfriend into pinball? When you make these side trips is she along? If the answer to 1 is no, and 2 is yes, then you'll have to figure out what she can as well. If the answer to 2 is no, that's a predicament.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Is your girlfriend into pinball? When you make these side trips is she along? If the answer to 1 is no, and 2 is yes, then you'll have to figure out what she can as well. If the answer to 2 is no, that's a predicament.

My gf is not into pinball but she will definitely be coming along.. The good news is that she doesnt get bored easily and would enjoy coming along for the ride.. Of course it cant all be pinball related but as we are planning a few road trips there will be plenty for her to do as well.. As Seattle is super close to Vancouver we are definitely making a stop there. I am going to do some research into whats happening there in the next couple of months.

#10 6 years ago

Check out AYCE Gogi in Van Nuys - love that place, and they just got TNA!

#11 6 years ago

If you end up in CA come by and check out Retrovolt arcade as well as my collection. I have some games for sale as well.

#12 6 years ago

Do you enjoy tournament play? If your willing to fly to Cali, INDISC at the Banning pinball museum is one of the top tournaments around. Plus 500 machines to explore at the facility.

#13 6 years ago

In Vancouver hit Pub 340 it has a great line up. It's a dive but the pinball room is separate and not as bad. Not really a place to bring your girl, mine was not cool with the place. 12 Kings Pub is another good spot that is nicer but the line up is not as good as Pub 340.

#14 6 years ago

If you really want to make it Pintastic than you need to come to Pintastic New England June 28th to July 1st! Your girlfriend would have a blast as well.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

If you really want to make it Pintastic than you need to come to Pintastic New England June 28th to July 1st! Your girlfriend would have a blast as well.

Sounds amazing dannunz I will do my best to make it there someday!

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

In Vancouver hit Pub 340 it has a great line up. It's a dive but the pinball room is separate and not as bad. Not really a place to bring your girl, mine was not cool with the place. 12 Kings Pub is another good spot that is nicer but the line up is not as good as Pub 340.

I'll check the place out when in Vancouver.. Thanks for the heads up @darscot!

#17 6 years ago

Shoot me a PM when you in town, I'm always up for a beer and some pinball.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Shoot me a PM when you in town, I'm always up for a beer and some pinball.

That's awesome.. thanks dude. It would be cool to get your take on all things pinball over there...

Cheers!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-make-my-uscanada-trip-pintastic?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.