(Topic ID: 66759)

Help me make a Pinside ID badge-- Done! Get them here!

By practicalsteve

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Hyperball91
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

zerbam Pinside Badge.jpg
    Jesterfunhouse Pinside Badge.jpg
    badge.jpg
    pinside.fw.png
    badge.jpg
    Final ID badge.jpg
    lanyards.jpg
    pinside_badge.jpg
    pinsideid1.jpg
    pinsiders_2.jpg
    pinsiders_1.jpg
    id.jpg
    id2.jpg
    140379-i.jpg

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago

You're on my list, FB2. See you at the show.

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Id badges are done! They look great! Many thanks to Wbarcume again for all of the help. The picture is of ones I have laminated. Front has the Pinside logo, and the back has an image from silverball mania. We put the pop bumper cap in the middle for a generic design, that way in the future if you wanted to put this in a little clear pouch you could print out your Avatar image and paste it over that, or just leave it as is.
    As promised, if you are having an event, or going to a big expo designate one person to take charge, PM me, and I will send you a bunch on heavy cardstock to give away for free only. No making money off of these. I can hole drill them as well, or you can buy some plastic pouches. They are 3"x5" in case you need dimension. I could also send you the files if you just want to print your own. Hope these help everyone.
    FYI for the local guys, I laminated a ton of them and will be brining them to PAGG in May.

Final ID badge.jpg 367 KB

Steve

I will have a table at Allentown and would happily pass these out if you would like to send a bunch. Thanks

Mark

#53 5 years ago

steve,
    I can probably twist Koz's arm so that we can put them on the sign-in table at MPE. if you want to send me a bunch, I'll gladly pay the shipping costs to help you out.

pm me for details

- j.m.

#54 5 years ago

I'd like to pick one up. I will be there right at the start of Friday.

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Steve

I will have a table at Allentown and would happily pass these out if you would like to send a bunch. Thanks

Mark

Quoted from j_m_:

steve,
    I can probably twist Koz's arm so that we can put them on the sign-in table at MPE. if you want to send me a bunch, I'll gladly pay the shipping costs to help you out.

pm me for details

- j.m.

PM me both your addresses. Let me know when those shows are so I know if I need to hurry.

Small addendum to my previous offer. I said before that I would ship these free to whoever wanted them, but that was when I could do it free from my work. They shut that down. So if you would like to cover the cost of shipping that would be helpful from now on. I still will not be making a profit off of these whatsoever.

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Steve
    Mark

I would love to have one when I go to Allentown if you will be handing them out.

#57 5 years ago

we going to rock these at MGC?!

#58 5 years ago

I lost the file in a computer crash

Wow, I had you confused with another pinside member who is going through a very similar issue. My bad.

#59 5 years ago

Just decided to add my own to the pile All I would need is the pinside logo in vector. Thenm I could make the file available.
    badge.jpg

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from halpain24:

I'd like to pick one up. I will be there right at the start of Friday.

Gotcha.

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Just decided to add my own to the pile All I would need is the pinside logo in vector. Thenm I could make the file available.

Nice! It would be great if you made the file available to people that want to print their own and add their avatar as I no longer have the file and wbarcume said he also no longer has the file.

I still have printed ones though, if people want them.

#62 5 years ago

Bummed I missed the design of these...

#63 5 years ago

As long as people have illustrator I could create the entire alphabet and have people pick there letters. Better yet if people want to fire off there INITIALS, Usernames, Country, and picture I can create printable PDFs for everyone. Was there a particular size for these I made them 3"x5" but can modify to accommodate...

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

I would love to have one when I go to Allentown if you will be handing them out.

I will have a BBQ and drinks as well as the laminates you are more than invited to stop by the flea market and grab one.

Quoted from practicalsteve:PM me both your addresses. Let me know when those shows are so I know if I need to hurry.
    Small addendum to my previous offer. I said before that I would ship these free to whoever wanted them, but that was when I could do it free from my work. They shut that down. So if you would like to cover the cost of shipping that would be helpful from now on. I still will not be making a profit off of these whatsoever.

Let me know the shipping and I will send you a PP.

#65 5 years ago

pinside.fw.png

Best I could do without a higher resolution pic of the logo.

#66 5 years ago

Logo done. Ok so what are the most popular countries? I've Got Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, United Kingdom, United States....

badge.jpg

#67 5 years ago

Too late to get in on this? I will be at Pinburgh... I guess it may be too late for shipping though.

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

Too late to get in on this? I will be at Pinburgh... I guess it may be too late for shipping though.

I think it's a pick up at a kiosk thing... I don't mind doing the cards..if someone is willing to print them and have them at their kiosk at the show. All I would need is the INITIALS, Username, Country of Residence and high res picture.

#69 5 years ago

Nice! It would be great if you made the file available to people

http://guy.codevelop.ca/pinside/badge.eps

People who don't have illustrator, I have made this file EPS CS2 ready. You can download a free copy of illustrator CS2 at the following link (the software as become public domain). http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5724-adobe-illustrator-cs2-free.html

Windows Serial number: 1034-1415-6230-2341-2884-9398
    Mac Serial number: 1034-0416-0740-0527-2887-2375

Instructions:
    Once you open the file you can look in the layers panel and expand the MODS folder. In there you will find a country drop down so you can select your country of origin. Activate by clicking the eye icon on the left hand side of the panel.

You can use a dotted font to create your initials for mess around with the orange dots that are existing and create your own letters.

To create your initials... hide my name "GUY" and activate "active dots" layer.
    You can then create your letters from the bright orange dots. Hold "SHIFT" and click on the dots to choose more than one per selection. Simple hit delete to remove unwanted orange dots.

To add your picture use File / Place. Choose your image and insert it in the file.
    In the "layers" panel click and drag the new photo layer under the "Pic Mask Layer"
    Then click the black square in the middle hold the "SHIFT" key and click on your "ugly mug" (LOL) then right click and select "Make Clipping Mask".

To positon your face double click to actiavte the mask selection and click and drag your image around.

Have fun

Cheers,
    Guy

#70 5 years ago

nice work

#71 5 years ago

Id badges are done! They look great! Many thanks to Wbarcume again for all of the help. The picture is of ones I have laminated. Front has the Pinside logo, and the back has an image from silverball mania. We put the pop bumper cap in the middle for a generic design, that way in the future if you wanted to put this in a little clear pouch you could print out your Avatar image and paste it over that, or just leave it as is.
    As promised, if you are having an event, or going to a big expo designate one person to take charge, PM me, and I will send you a bunch on heavy cardstock to give away for free only. No making money off of these. I can hole drill them as well, or you can buy some plastic pouches. They are 3"x5" in case you need dimension. I could also send you the files if you just want to print your own. Hope these help everyone.
    FYI for the local guys, I laminated a ton of them and will be brining them to PAGG in May.

Final ID badge.jpg 367 KB

Got my badge at the TPF today and they look amazing! Great job guys! Thanks a lot Steve!

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from BigB:

Got my badge at the TPF today and they look amazing! Great job guys! Thanks a lot Steve!

Nice!

3 weeks later
    #73 5 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

I will have a BBQ and drinks as well as the laminates you are more than invited to stop by the flea market and grab one.

Let me know the shipping and I will send you a PP.

Are these badges available for Allentown still?

#74 5 years ago

@Jesterfunhouse - if you follow flashinstincts instructions above, you can easily make your own
    (as I did) and you should end up with your own badge that looks something like this :-
    Jesterfunhouse Pinside Badge.jpg

Then you can laminate it yourself and wear it proudly at any Pinball event. Cheers, Mal
    ps: many thanks to flashinstinct for making the Illustrator file for us all.

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hyperball91:

@Jesterfunhouse - if you follow flashinstincts instructions above, you can easily make your own
    (as I did) and you should end up with your own badge that looks something like this :-

Then you can laminate it yourself and wear it proudly at any Pinball event. Cheers, Mal
    ps: many thanks to flashinstinct for making the Illustrator file for us all.

Jesterfunhouse Pinside Badge.jpg 145 KB

Awesome thank you so much for taking the time to do this!

#76 5 years ago

You're welcome. Did you try your hand at making a badge yourself? If you follow flashinstinct's instructions its pretty easy

#77 5 years ago

zerbam asked nicely for a badge to wear at PATZ this weekend, so here you are zerbam. Enjoy
    Cheers, Mal

zerbam Pinside Badge.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    ScottyMods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Forever
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.95
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 26.95
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 24.50
    $ 9.95
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 90.00
    £ 45.00
    Lighting - Other
    PinballToys
    € 197.00
    Displays
    PINBALLSP
    There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside