(Topic ID: 142775)

Help me Identify this Transformer --- PLEASE!

By too-many-pins

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Transformer_003.jpg
    Transformer_001.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

I got this transformer with a box of pinball parts I bought a while ago and I don't have a clue what it might be from. Seller said everything in the box was from his pinball stash and since he was selling off all his machines and I bought the last one he had no need for his "spare parts" so he offered them to me at a price I couldn't pass up.

I attached a couple pictures and it appears that the transformer number is 560-0077. If I were guessing it looks like through bolts might be metric so this might be from a machine made somewhere other than the US. Or maybe a generic replacement transformer?

Anyway - I am just wondering if anyone might have some ideas? THANKS!

Transformer_001.jpgTransformer_001.jpg

Transformer_003.jpgTransformer_003.jpg

#2 8 years ago

A quick Google search on "120v transformer 560-0077" yielded several hits from the Gates Harris company, which apparently was, and maybe still is, a big player in broadcast radio, among other business lines.

I looked in a .pdf of a relatively modern manual, c. 1991, and found a photo of a transformer that looks a lot like yours.

Can't seem to paste the link with this iPad, but if you're really curious, PM me and I'll send it over.

-- Matthew

#3 8 years ago

Shockwave?

#4 8 years ago

That's a transformer from a Sega/Gremlin video arcade game. Probably either a Frogger or Zaxxon.

#5 8 years ago

I knew it didn't look like anything I have ever seen in a pinball machine but I wasn't sure. Any additional info would still be helpful but thanks to all of you so far. I really like the fact that everything is well marked but it seemed odd to me that even though voltages & all were well marked there was no information as far as maker?

I have spent hundreds of hours over the past few months sorting through tons of parts I have bought over the 8 years I have been in the hobby & what a chore that has been. Now I am finally getting down to some odds & ends I am clueless about so I am sure some of the remaining stuff isn't going to end up being pinball related. So it is likely I'll be asking for more help down the road with additional items. It is nice to have forums like Pinside for stuff like this.

Again THANKS to all so far!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-identify-this-transformer-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.