Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 1.24.24 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 1.24.42 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 1.24.59 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 1.22.16 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 1.22.38 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 1.23.05 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 1.23.19 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 1.23.38 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider P2K.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from Duder8181:

Hi All,
I recently picked up a Race-way pinball machine at an antique store in Michigan, and I am hoping that someone can help me identify the cabinet that came with it... My goal is to do a proper restoration, but there are a few unusual aspects about it that I hope to understand before I dig in.

Hopefully one of you can help me out here... I know that this is a pretty rare game, and I don't want to mess anything up! Any help would be very much appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
-DC
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can tell you something about your game that you might not know:
You have what Midway called a Two-Tilt game versus the typical Raceway One-Tilt game. I have one just like yours and have been researching it for a long time.
Your relay layout and wiring is not a typical Raceway. It does not match a Raceway electrical schematic. Rather it matches a Champ schematic.

You have a TILT relay and two extra relays called "Car1 Game Over" and "Car2 Game Over". That is a Champ layout and makes the game a Two-Tilt game. Midway calls the Champ a Two-Tilt game on their schematic.

The typical Raceway game does not have a TILT relay but rather a Game Over relay in its' place. It also does not have the other two extra Game Over relays.

When a typical Raceway is tilted by one player it ends the game for both according to the schematic. One-Tilt.
When a Champ wired Raceway is tilted by one player only that player gets Game Over and the other player continues to their game end. What Midway called Two-Tilt.

It seems that Midway started the Two-Tilt Raceway layout late in the production and it overlapped the Champ production.
I do not think they ever made a schematic for the Raceway with the Two-Tilt layout so you have to use a Champ schematic.

So far I have identified 3 Raceways with this Two-Tilt configuration.
RaceWay Champ lower compare (resized).jpgRaceWay Champ lower compare (resized).jpgRaceWay Champ upper compare (resized).jpgRaceWay Champ upper compare (resized).jpg

1 week later
#13 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Have you sent these pics and info to Jay at the ipdb.org?

Yes, Jay and I have been working on this and IPDB and IPSNDB have been updated.

#14 1 year ago

Wayner: Your question was cut off so I am not sure what you are asking about.
My game does have a plastic playfield ball diverter.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from wayner:

Thanks P2K. My question concluded by suggesting that the plastic ball diverter was apparently installed by the Factory on later models to reduce the extent of ball draining down the centre after the ball shoot. Other than an image on google search I have never seen one on a machine so yours is very interesting. Are you able to post a clearer pic of yours pls?
[quoted image]

It looks like the photo you posted is my game from my video on youtube.
Here is a photo of what it looked like when I got the game. It had definitely been on the game for a very long time. From what I can tell it has been there since the game was new.
I cleaned it up and buffed it. That is the one you see in my video.

a posts 3 (resized).jpga posts 3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider P2K.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-identify-an-unusual-midway-race-way-cabinet?tu=P2K and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.