Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4965 (resized).JPG
IMG_4966 (resized).JPG
IMG_4957 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Hey all,

I picked up a Solar Ride yesterday and I am coming across some issues and am hoping you can help this newbie out!

First issue: The right pop bumper works but doesn't register the points. I looked underneath and it looks like it is missing half of the switch. What part is that so I can order a replacement from PBR?

IMG_4957 (resized).JPGIMG_4957 (resized).JPG

Second issue: Ha! I figured it out while typing the question. Yay me!

Third issue: All displays work great except for when the game is over and then the last digit (which should be a zero) shows up as an eight when the high score is shown. Small issue I know but is that a symptom of a potentially bigger issue?

IMG_4965 (resized).JPGIMG_4965 (resized).JPG
IMG_4966 (resized).JPGIMG_4966 (resized).JPG

Thanks in advance for the help!

- Matt

#2 7 years ago

Gottlieb # B-18089 Pop Bumper switch, system 1

http://www.pbresource.com/pfbumpb.htm#switches

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/B-18089

Your high score to date problem could be simply "garbage" in the memory. Do a zero out of it then reset it to say 400,000.

#3 7 years ago

Thank you! I looked at PBR and somehow missed it! I will give resetting the scores a try when I get home. Thanks again for the help.

#4 7 years ago

its so weird, i have the exact same game with the exact same pop with the same broken score switch. when i called to order my parts from PBR i was going to order the part that Ken mentioned above but Steve suggested that if i was OK with cutting it down to size and dis-and reassembleing the switch stack i could just order the one broken blade of the switch. i pulled out my invoice to see what the part # was but it is just referred to as "BLADE-MED---medium weight blade(A-418)" you will also need "CONTACT-SM-X---contact-Ag-sm oval-gold flash" the second is the little gold contact dot. these 2 parts were 35 cents each and took a few minutes to assemble and install. hope this helps
i originally bought my solar ride as a project to fix and sell but that was almost a year ago. i like it to much to part ways with it. LOL maybe one day it will leave the game room.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

2,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jefferson, WI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-id-solar-ride-parts-and-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.