Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by drsfmd
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

During our league the other night, Demo Man went dead.

The fuse on the transformer was replaced, as well as F112 which was also blown. After that, the game came up and booted-- and would start a game, but would not kick out a ball. Turns out none of the solenoids nor the flippers were working. We've gone through the other fuses, and they are good.

I've been trying to work through this with @albanytim, but I'm not having much success... I'd welcome any ideas you might have.

#2 5 years ago

No coils at all? Did you check them all in coil test? The fuses you replaced didn't blow again? Usually F112 is a bad rectifier or capacitor

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

No coils at all? Did you check them all in coil test? The fuses you replaced didn't blow again? Usually F112 is a bad rectifier or capacitor

No coils at all. Yes, they were checked in coil test, and neither fuse blew again. That's what I'm puzzled about. Game *thinks* it's working with no error messages.

I hadn't considered a bad rectifier- I'll have to research how to test them, as I've never dealt with one before.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

No coils at all. Yes, they were checked in coil test, and neither fuse blew again. That's what I'm puzzled about. Game *thinks* it's working with no error messages.
I hadn't considered a bad rectifier- I'll have to research how to test them, as I've never dealt with one before.

They're just four diodes internally, you can see them drawn on the schematics like that, so you can usually use diode test on them. I think the capacitors on the driver board might mess with that though. Fuse not blowing suggests maybe the bride is open internally, so if you get no reading at all both ways on any of the four internal diodes that'll tell you for sure.

Check ac voltage going into the bridge and dc coming out. If no dc or anything seems suspicious, I'd just replace it, can't hurt

#5 5 years ago

coin door opened or not closing properly?did you check the hi-power knob near the coin door?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Cycloneman:

coin door opened or not closing properly?did you check the hi-power knob near the coin door?

Good thought, but I already checked the coin door switches.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 81.95
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-help-troubleshoot-this-demo-man-solenoid-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.