(Topic ID: 116189)

Help me fit more games

By emsrph

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

12-pins.jpg
    lmBzCM8R4kKzkr1qtTNtwQ2.gif
    Gameroom3.jpg
    8.jpg
    opt2.jpg
    opt1.jpg
    Gameroom2.jpg
    Gameroom.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Arranging my new game room and tried the Icovia software mentioned in a related thread. It was easy to use but can't get it to e-mail me a link so a Gameroom.jpgGameroom.jpgsnapshot is attached.

Is there a better way to arrange the pins to fit more games? Ripping out the utilities is not an option

Thanks,

Eric

#2 9 years ago

Move laundry upstairs and who needs that closet?

#3 9 years ago

...next post might be "games for sale"

#4 9 years ago

I love my RFM because it's smaller than the rest and I can put it in places that others don't fit. I've got mine beside a doorway under an a/c vent that the rest won't fit under. I think you could probably fit one (or a similar smaller pin) along the wall at the base of the stairs/laundry side. Like the back of it facing the stairs and the coin door pointed into the room. You'd still have an aisle to get around, unless you've got a ton of people playing at the top bank of pins. Otherwise I think you've got it at max, because even flipping 3 pins from the top bank to along the left wall still doesn't free up enough space for another pin.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from emsrph:

Is there a better way to arrange the pins to fit more games?

Well, it's not a rearrange but you are welcome to send two or more games to me to free up space. Sweet collection, so I'll let you pick the pins! Best of luck!

#6 9 years ago

Not really, you have to have room for people to play and move. Looks to me like your max'd out.

#7 9 years ago

I like the way you have the games laid out, it looks good. Speaking of which, wish I had room for more than 4.

#8 9 years ago

Thanks for the input. I played a little more. I can store two games if I have to and since one is The Hobbit I don't need to have a space for a while

Gameroom2.jpgGameroom2.jpg

#9 9 years ago

............This exists?! I need to try this as well.

You could have one just to the left of the stairs....be a tight fit around everything but I like the idea of storing a couple so you could rotate them.

#10 9 years ago

First person who lays laundry across the pins loses a finger!

#11 9 years ago

If you change the storage closet fold-out doors to sliders (or curtains), you might be able to fit a third game there. Remember that you will need to remove playfield glass sometimes, so don't box 'em in too much! For some of mine I need to shift other games a bit in order to completely remove the glass. But it's worth the hassle if you can squeeze in another game!

#12 9 years ago

Just a suggestion but I would try to remove the parts / storage closet and look for like drawers that go under the stairs for storage. Also there has been a lot of designs of game rooms but not many of them feature bars built into the room. In your case I would try to move the laundry upstairs somewhere and utilize that space as a perfect wet bar area. I have a 5' bar in my game room with 40" Lcd tv behind with two leather swivel chairs in front and is a nice area to hang while playing pins with multiple players. I also have a corner dedicated to a sectional seating area for five that I think I use more than the pins and with the bar and wood stove in there I take quite a few naps there as well. Being warm and drunk and surrounded by 7 pimped pins is my heaven here on earth. BTW my game room is attached to a detached garage in the back lot of my residence and is called the Lizard Lounge.

#13 9 years ago

You could stack the washer and drer by purchasing a bracket, then take the space that was occupied by the dryer and make shelves....then destroy the closet space and add two more games

opt1.jpgopt1.jpg
    opt2.jpgopt2.jpg

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

You could stack the washer and drying by purchasing a bracket, then take the space that was occupied by the dryer and make and make shelves....then destroy the closet space and add two more games

I'd go that route.

#15 9 years ago

Closet schmoset! Pack 'em in.

#16 9 years ago

Looks to me like you could fit 1 more by the laundry.

8.jpg8.jpg

Fo-shizzle da-zizzle

#17 9 years ago

Those are great ideas. My second parts Flight 2000 pin will probably be moved out to save space.

Eric

#18 9 years ago

Another option without removing the closet is to place x1 machine in the opening where you have suggested storing x2 machines with the coin door facing the coin doors of the x6 machines across the wall.

#19 9 years ago

I didn't know that Icovia had gameroom templates. Neat. Here I've been using Visio like a chump.

The one thing that jumped out at me in trying out their software is that the pin template is REALLY big by default - 64"x34". I thought the average pin was closer to 54"x29" for most SS.

If you've already adjusted the Icovia templates, then my only other suggestion is to provide us the height of your room - bunk pinball machines may be your only option.

#20 9 years ago

Yes the template is a little large, I kept it that way so maybe it will be less tight between machines.

Wayner's idea gave me this iteration:

How much space between facing games allows the glass to be taken out easily? This gives me a foot and a half. Allows for one more game to be set up.

Eric

Gameroom3.jpgGameroom3.jpg

#21 9 years ago

Whoops- meant 3.5 feet between facing games.

#22 9 years ago

lmBzCM8R4kKzkr1qtTNtwQ2.giflmBzCM8R4kKzkr1qtTNtwQ2.gif
    #23 9 years ago
    Quoted from emsrph:

Yes the template is a little large, I kept it that way so maybe it will be less tight between machines.
    How much space between facing games allows the glass to be taken out easily? This gives me a foot and a half. Allows for one more game to be set up.
    Eric

Gameroom3.jpg 51 KB

There is another thread dealing with removing playfield glass where machines face each other. I liked the concept of just propping the front of the machine from which you need to remove the glass.

I cannot seem to access Icovia. Is it a free download? Thks.

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from emsrph:

Is this a "mainly for you" setup, or do you plan to have other people/groups over regularly? If it is basically just you, then gameroom3 is fine. However, 3.5' for two people back to back is barely any room, not to mention people couldn't get by. If you plan to have people over regularly at all, I would opt for gameroom2. You have the same walkway space, but it only needs to accommodate one player.

I know there is always a temptation to squeeze in one more, but at a certain point not only does it start to look like a horder's place, but it starts becoming less functional.

If you were dead set on getting that 9th game in there, I think flashinstinct's first drawing is the best. If you did blow out the closet, you could get storage containers to put parts/tools in and store them under the game. This would give you 9 games in the most functional layout.

#25 9 years ago

Looking at the layout as depicted I don't think you need even that many pins, 'cause they all seem to have the exact same playfield layout.

#26 9 years ago

Yeah guess I'll keep it more roomy and not pack them in like sardines. Plan to have people over plus these pins will need lots of maintenance TLC after sitting on their butts awhile.

To access Icovia, no download, register here http://furniturelandsouth.icovia.com/

Thx

Eric

#27 9 years ago

It may not look great, but get rid of the Parts / tools closet and put roll out bins under the games.

#28 9 years ago

Could you put the door to the closet on the right side end ? It would be a little tight walking into it but that way you could push those games all the way back to where the closet doors are now?

Or how about just getting like a roll around cart and keep your spare parts and tools in that and when your done with it you could perhaps roll it into the sump pump closet as there seems to be a little room in there for a small cart maybe? Then you could elimate the large closet all together and push the games against the wall and perhaps put a couple of more games down the center area turned the long ways. Hmmm.....??

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#29 9 years ago

How about this... It's tight. However it adds three more pins but blocks access to your utilities.

12-pins.jpg12-pins.jpg

#30 9 years ago

My only advice off the bat is to measure your machines and make sure they're scaled properly. When I used Icovia, the pinball machine is too big and I had to shrink it a bit to match reality.

#31 9 years ago

Probably time to start setting up and seeing how the pins fit. When finished I'll post a pic to compare to the model. Thanks everyone.

Eric

#32 9 years ago

The closet could be removed if you use totes and store them under the games.

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jumping-Box:

How about this... It's tight. However it adds three more pins but blocks access to your utilities.

12-pins.jpg 53 KB

Have you considered pin-platforms so you can have 1 pin over another? Doubling your capacity. Think about it. Just raise the ceiling height a few feet if need be.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-fit-more-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.