4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ABE_FLIPS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Hello,

I got into pinball 6 months ago. I have a Williams "Fire" and Stern "Ghostbusters Pro".
    The Fire was a present and the first game i owned. There was alot of work to do on the machine what i really enjoyed.

One day i drove 2 hours to a pinball place and i blindly bought their GB machine, having no idea what new machines can do.
    Since then i only played a few games on the fire because GB kicks so much ass.
    I want to get another machine, but the pinball place dont have the machines im interested in, so there is no place nearby to try them out.

I read alot "top 10" and "favourite games" but i am not sure...
    the machines dont lose much of its worth, so if i dislike the new machine i simply could sell it?... thats why i also blindly bought the GB.

I think a want another Stern Game. (Max 6.000$)
    Star Trek, Jurassic Park, TWD(too expensive).
    Any recommendations, or help for my situation?

#2 4 years ago

TWD > JP > ST would be my opinion, but the TWD is out of the price range because its premium/LE? Am I understanding correctly?

#3 4 years ago

yes, TWD pro version seems to be sold out here and i did not see any used machines on the market. i guess its highly demanded.
    but i am also open for other pins.

this is the only shop i found here in Austria/Germany
    https://pinball-universe.de/navi.php?k=2&Sortierung=3&af=0

#4 4 years ago

If you have the means it might be worth making a trip to a "nearby" location to play. Modern pinball machines are expensive! And it sounds like there is minimal trade/market in your area, if you end up picking up a game not to your liking. Or just get bored with it.

Pinballmap.com can help.

#5 4 years ago

FYI: TWD is hard as shit if you suck like me

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

If you have the means it might be worth making a trip to a "nearby" location to play. Modern pinball machines are expensive! And it sounds like there is minimal trade/market in your area, if you end up picking up a game not to your liking. Or just get bored with it.
    Pinballmap.com can help.

Right now, i'm not motivated enough to drive 5hrs+, but maybe this will change in the future
    I think i could sell the game here, maybe with some loss.
    Thanks for the link. From what i'm seeing this app is quite unpopular here. no results.

Quoted from Wickerman2:

FYI: TWD is hard as shit if you suck like me

5000+ posts in a pinball forum and you still suck? i cant believe you
    How do you find it in compairison to GB (without the new code)? People also complained about GBs difficulty.
    At first it was hard for me, but im getting better!

2 weeks later
    #7 4 years ago

What is your opinion on

Star Trek Pro vs Jurassic Park Pro?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-find-a-new-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.