(Topic ID: 265728)

Help me document all known playability tweaks in Star Wars(Pro/Pre/LE)

By GeminiGuy

89 days ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 88 days ago by GeminiGuy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 89 days ago

There are quite a few posts scattered throughout the various threads for all of the things people have had to do in order to ensure the game plays as intended and minimizes cheap drains, which can be plentiful in this game.

A few I’ve picked up by a deep reading of the back history:

- Consistent drain when exiting the Mystery hole: Hole exit can be realigned after loosening so as to consistently hit the left flipper, which was confirmed by SR to be the actual intent. Can also adjust right exit coil strength in the menus.
- Ensure proper leveling to 6.5 degrees to ensure ramp shots can be hit consistently.
- Autoplunge consistently rebounding directly to left outlane can be eliminated with software coil strength adjustment and/or slight bending of shooter lane metal ball guide.
- Full speed Left orbit going straight to center drain can be alleviated with slight bending of metal rail at the ending section.
- Frequent rejection of fork rail shot into the Death Star can be adjusted by loosening the wire ramp at the left bottom side of the Death Star, allowing the (re)-entry wire ramp to be raised or lowered to find a sweet spot where it doesn’t interfere with the fork ramp entry shot.

Are there other common changes people have had to make?

#2 88 days ago
Quoted from GeminiGuy:

- Consistent drain when exiting the Mystery hole:

Good list - super easy to fix this one ^^ - Remove the target in front of the metal ball guide just to the right of the Tatoine scoop, loosen the nuts (under the PF) holding the ball guide in place, slightly bend the ball guide using a crescent wrench to the left at exit. Reassemble and adjust the coil power to land the ball on the left flipper.

I had a weird one on one of my SW games where fast left orbit shots would go SDTM on exit. Filed a very small burr off the exit edge of the metal ball guide on the right side - problem solved.

#3 88 days ago

I’m actually having that problem with the left orbit, but I don’t think there are any burrs to file- I think I’m just going to check alignment with the play field artwork and bend slightly with a padded C-wrench, as discussed about midway through the “club” thread.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 122.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside