• Latest reply 10 years ago by desertT1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Captive-283.jpg

#1 10 years ago

I bought a TMNT machine a few years ago. It has already been established that it was a pre-production model. Tucked away in the machine was this note. I tried to decipher this back then but didn't resolve it. Anyone know who Al Ovida is and/or anything else about the machine? Turns out there is one other pinsider that has a prototype and is working on preserving the original ROM codes. Mine are corrupted so thank goodness for the charity of you guys on these boards!

Note was:

Made in Data East Factory in Early 1990.
Game was used as a prototype game in production for the AMOA Show in April of that year.
This game has a different header with animation, along with special software and different bonus features.
The game was then approved by the studio and put in production with changes in both header system and software. This was basically done to cut cost in production.
This prototype game was also given to Al Ovida as a thank you [for] his help in this game production also.

#2 10 years ago

Al Ovida a cousin of Abe Froman?

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Ha ha... Looks like a real note and clearly the machine is the real deal prototype.

I sent a message to Joe Kaminkow on LinkedIn hoping he could tell me.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Ah yes.... The sausage king of chicago

#6 10 years ago

Doesn't also have a VUK in the captive ball? I remember playing the prototype back in the day

#8 10 years ago

Here's a pic of the captive area.
Captive-283.jpgCaptive-283.jpg

#9 10 years ago

Al Ovadia also did the licensing for Simpsons pinball apparently.

#10 10 years ago

lucky

#11 10 years ago

"Al Ovida" was the pseudonym of Raul when he worked for Data East.

Only when he was at Williams would he sign playfields "Raul". He later went on to assume a different name, and operates at a pinball manufacturer out of the midwest.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

"Al Ovida" was the pseudonym of Raul when he worked for Data East.
Only when he was at Williams would he sign playfields "Raul". He later went on to assume a different name, and operates at a pinball manufacturer out of the midwest.

Pinball Protection Program?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-decipher-this-note-found-in-my-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.