Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by tp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“which needs to go to make room for stle”

• creature 18 votes
      23%
    • bsd 8 votes
      10%
    • fh 8 votes
      10%
    • ss 3 votes
      4%
    • sttng 6 votes
      8%
    • afg 4 votes
      5%
    • wh20 1 vote
      1%
    • gnr 28 votes
      36%
    • afm 1 vote
      1%

(77 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 8 years ago

Hello all. My collection is fairly big and can be overwhelming at times in my opinion (space/maintenance/noise). I just bought Cybergoonie's STLE which I have been after for a long time now. Unfortunately, my reality dictates that a pinball in my lineup has to go. Probably more than just one, especially if you ask my wife Anyway, here is my lineup and I was hoping you could help me vote one off the island. I am so attached to all so this will be tough. Thanks, Ant
    STLE - don't even have it yet lol
    TAFG - early keller restore - cleared playfield and very nice overall
    TZ - dan heatherly restore - my first game with sentimental attachment
    AFM - dan heatherly restore again
    MM-original-dan heatherly restore again
    WOZ RR - still nib but for my daughters
    TRON LE - huo heavily modded
    MET LE - huo some mods
    ACDC Premium - hemi orange modded to the max
    BSD - early pinballsales restore with cleared playfield
    GNR - basically a player with wear at hole
    Creature - player (probably the roughest of all my games)
    MB - nice partial restore
    WH2O - complete, slightly faded on one side. never an error
    IJ Williams - nice, no fade, really good shape
    SC - awesome and complete
    FH - hep restore from a few years ago
    STTNG - nice but not really modded
    SS - hep restore from a few years ago - leds and some mods including color dmd
    Right now leaning towards Creature, STTNG, GNR. It would be Creature if I wanted to get rid of my one pinball in the worst shape.

#2 8 years ago

here were some response from previous drained thread

blackbeard - I'd keep GNR over that morbidly boring BSD all day long.

balboarules - I think you nailed the right 3 to go... personally I would add SS, fun game but way too easy.. I would dump the FH too, I know it is popular, I just cannot stand the game personally.

pahuffman - My vote is for selling GNR or BSD.

twilight 1 -Very nice line up! I can see why it's so hard. Good luck making a choice.

snow yeti - gnr, wh2o, sttng

jakenjoi -The three you listed are the three I had in my head as I was going down the list.
    It was like Sesame Street's "which one of these is not like the others" game.
    Creature is a beautiful machine, artwork wise, but it doesn't fit your high end collection.
    I would say get rid of STTNG or GNR first though. You can always have the Creature restored down the line if you get an itch!

bax -It really depends on your personal feeling. But, from the outside looking in I would vote GNR.

skyemont -BSD or STTNG. You should add a poll.

ita47 -Of the three you listed I would vote GNR. I wouldn't get rid of STTNG I think it is a fantastic game as is Creature. Ultimately it's your decision get rid of your least favorite.

#3 8 years ago

so im not getting rid of stle, tron le, met le, acdc prem, woz rr, mm, tz, mb, ij and sc. i will make a poll with the rest

#4 8 years ago

I would dump BSD, Creech, and WH20, and eventually pick up a restored Creech down the road (given your currently lineup and the condition of your games).

#5 8 years ago

not sure who voted on previous poll but if you could vote again here it would be appreciated. thanks for all the input. tough decision because i get so attached to the games. i know that is silly

#6 8 years ago

STLE isn't in the poll or I would have chose that. You are in the honeymoon phase with it but it will get boring, trust me. ST is a good game, but it is a good game in someone else's collection to play from time to time, not to own yourself. I think all of the other games you have listed are better then ST.

#7 8 years ago

Can't you just sell the one you like the least / play the least? Why have other people dictate that for you?

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Can't you just sell the one you like the least / play the least? Why have other people dictate that for you?

Probably the best advice in this thread

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

of all the stupid stuff that gets posted here, you have a problem with this????? i said i am attached to all of them in the original post. i have been in this for probably longer than you have been alive. i also stated what i was leaning towards ditching and a lot of pinsiders are agreeing that i should get rid of the creature which makes me believe i am making the right decision. you dont like the thread, stay out. simple as that. why the heck do people need to get into a thread that they have no interest in. mind your own business

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

STLE isn't in the poll or I would have chose that. You are in the honeymoon phase with it but it will get boring, trust me. ST is a good game, but it is a good game in someone else's collection to play from time to time, not to own yourself. I think all of the other games you have listed are better then ST.

CFTBL is a super cruddy game compared to ST and its ruleset and what it has going on, imo

#11 8 years ago

I had this dilemna, on a larger scale than yours. If you want to approach this with your big head, go around the room and write down the total plays for each game. Come back in X days and repeat. Do the math, and there will be your answer.

That's just me, but I'd no more ask this crew what games should I sell than I'd ask them what I should have for dinner

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

CFTBL is a super cruddy game compared to ST and its ruleset and what it has going on, imo

Yes I agree with this. I forgot about creature. It is pretty cruddy IMO.

#13 8 years ago

I dunno. I was just asking a question. Wondering why you went external with the decision. Good luck.

Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

of all the stupid stuff that gets posted here, you have a problem with this?????

#14 8 years ago

Ask your wife/kids

Do what they want, score points

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I dunno. I was just asking a question. Wondering why you went external with the decision. Good luck.

because sometimes when you are attached to things, you need some advice making a decision of what to part with and not many people know about pins in my normal, outside of pinside world, so i figured i would ask here

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Ask your wife/kids
    Do what they want, score points

they are mostly interested in the woz rr which i need to get unboxed and set up asap.

#17 8 years ago

Tron LE and I can help you get it done.

#18 8 years ago

Get rid of half of them and add some variety. Add em's, a Pitch and Bat, Ball Bowler, Shooter game etc.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

Get rid of half of them and add some variety. Add em's, a Pitch and Bat, Ball Bowler, Shooter game etc.

actually, the gameroom is full of other stuff. superchexx, foosball, arcade video games, electronic darts. even a puck bowler. tried an em and it didnt last. a guy i know is moving and does have an awesome shooter gun game. just not sure how long it would keep my interest.

#20 8 years ago

Based on the Poll results, I just want to add IMO Creature is a better, more unique game than many of your choices. I would strongly suggest not getting rid of it if you had a nice one. But since it's the roughest shape, it may be better to get a better one.

My bottom would be STTNG, GNR and BSD. But it might be good to keep STTNG with STLE and then see if you really want to keep both.

#21 8 years ago

Ahhh...as you were.

*place sounds great!

#22 8 years ago

Kick GnR out. Good bye data east

#23 8 years ago

Any thread about ST isn't complete without QuarterGrabber stopping in to talk crap about it.

We get it, you don't like it.

#24 8 years ago

I would kick Barry Ourlser (BSD) out of the house.... Without a doubt.

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Any thread about ST isn't complete without QuarterGrabber stopping in to talk crap about it.
    We get it, you don't like it.

Ah ha, you see I do like it I just don't think its worth owning in a privet collection due to code monotony. I really enjoy playing it at an arcade or at someone else's house a few times, but that's it.

#26 8 years ago

In a large collection, once you get past your top 10 games, most games will have aspects that make them special and hard to get rid of. So, for me, condition and how easy it would be to get a game back would play a factor in my decision.

For example, unless I needed the money, the HEP FH and SS would not leave. The Creature and GNR would probably be on the bottom because if I really like them, I can pick up better examples down the line. If I don't really like them, good bye and good riddance.

#27 8 years ago

Problem solved, I happen to be looking for a pin and your cftbl is probably the only one I can afford. Give me a decent price I'll come pick it up and solve both our problems.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-decide-which-needs-to-go-poll-added and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.