(Topic ID: 144660)

Help me Decide what to sell!!! I can't do it!!!

By homebrood

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Dayhuff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

I would appreciate opinions on what to sell, I desperately need to make some space!

Based on Title alone which 4 of these would you sell off first.

Silverball Mania
    Sky Jump
    Spirit of 76
    Stern Galaxy
    Stern Meteor
    Firepower
    Nip It
    Class of 1812
    Bally Playboy
    Space Shuttle
    Black Hole
    Batman Forever
    Getaway HSII
    Addams Family
    WOZ ECLE

I just can't seem to let any go...

Thanks in advance!

Tom

#2 8 years ago

I will NEVER let a pin go...!!!....keep em all......make it happen...!!!.............Joey

#3 8 years ago

My vote would be for Batman Forever or 1812.

#4 8 years ago

I would sell these 4:

Stern Meteor
    Nip It
    Bally Playboy
    Black Hole

But again, that is just my own personal preference...

#5 8 years ago

Make easier smaller choices.
    Sell either:
    1. Silverball or Firepower
    2. Meteor or Galaxy(preferably to me, HA!)
    3. Blackhole or Playboy
    4. HS2 or Batman

#6 8 years ago

Its really simple. What do you play the least? I don't care how much I like a game, if I don't play it, its on the chopping block.
    There, solved

#7 8 years ago

If it's space you need to make, sell the 4 least played games. The only person that can answer which titles is YOU.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Silverball Mania
    Sky Jump
    Spirit of 76
    Stern Galaxy
    Stern Meteor
    Firepower
    Nip It
    Class of 1812
    Bally Playboy
    Space Shuttle
    Black Hole
    Batman Forever
    Getaway HSII
    Addams Family
    WOZ ECLE

make it easier and start from 2 ends deciding what to keep and what can go.

I personally would sell
    Sky Jump
    Spirit of 76
    Nip It
    Bally Playboy

#9 8 years ago

Thanks for the input from you all, good ideas here. I think I really need to sit down and think about which pins are played the least...

Thanks Brenna98, good point made, only I can decide... It's just so hard! I have had a few emails with offers already! That's good but so far for the games I'm thinking will not be going... Oh boy this will be hard...

Thanks again,

Tom

#10 8 years ago

You have four early Bally/Sterns, 4 LCD/DMD, 3 EMs, 3 early Williams, and 2 early Gottliebs. Whatever you get, you could replace something similar. You could also get rid of games that are plentiful in case you want to buy another one.

My choices would be
    Playboy
    Galaxy
    Spirit of 76
    Getaway

#11 8 years ago

If you can, loan a pin to a friend for 6-12 months. When you get it back, play it for a few weeks and see if you still like it enough to keep it. Trial separation, I call it.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

make it easier and start from 2 ends deciding what to keep and what can go.
    I personally would sell
    Sky Jump
    Spirit of 76
    Nip It
    Bally Playboy

You really hate EMs, don't you?

#13 8 years ago

PLayboy - one of the worst late 70s Ballys to play. Hate the stop and go nature of it and the sound blows.

Woz - one of the worst games ever made

Batman - one of the second worst games ever made

Nip it - terrible game even with the novelty factor. Something people get when they can't find a Fireball but it's not in the same ballpark. Fifteen years of seeing greedy eBay idiots trying to get top dollar for it because it's "THE FONZ'S PINBALL!!!" has made me hate it even more.

dishonorable mention - Class of 1812. I can't honestly diss it since I haven't played it in 20 years...but it's gotta be bad, right? Most of those Gottliebs are.

#14 8 years ago

Not to hijack your thread but I'm in the same boat. Only have room for four and my lineup is TAF, FH, TZ, and TSPP. I want something fresh but can't bring myself to give up any of these titles

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

I will NEVER let a pin go...!!!....keep em all......make it happen...!!!.............Joey

Easy to say when you have 2 pins but by the time you get 20 or over it time to let some go.

#16 8 years ago

Nip-It, Playboy and SBM are the ones I'd sell first.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Woz - one of the worst games ever made

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... ok Im done.

#18 8 years ago

No way...kids rooms...wether they move out or not...garage...neighbors...Moms house and garage....where there's a will...there's a way... ...........Joey

#19 8 years ago

I'd sell: Nip-It, Spirit of 76, Sky Jump, Black Hole

#20 8 years ago

class of 1812

#21 8 years ago

Why do you have to sell?

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from cantbfrank:

Why do you have to sell?

It's either because of the wife or because of the wife.

or maybe he needs the space.

Probably the wife.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

nope, I actually reallt like some EMs, just not those.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's either because of the wife or because of the wife.
    or maybe he needs the space.
    Probably the wife.

No not the wife, I'm a widower, that's how I got so many games. She would NEVER allow them in the living room (4) and Kitchen (2) and guest bedroom (1). The rest in the basement she didn't mind cause it kept me out of her hair for a while in the mancave but when she passed I buried myself in Pins because now it's my space and I can do whatever I want! Problem is I now want my space back at least the living room and kitchen... Starting to get some ideas here and will post my final pics over the weekend perhaps a nice project for the snowstorm tomorrow... Thanks again for the feedback, it really helps to hear other peoples thoughts...

Tom

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Guess it depends on where you're from, but i see these titles come up often enough around me. Would be the easiest to replace.

#26 8 years ago

Galaxy, Batman Forever, WOZ, TAF. Free some games up for the rest of us

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

No not the wife, I'm a widower, that's how I got so many games. She would NEVER allow them in the living room (4) and Kitchen (2) and guest bedroom (1). The rest in the basement she didn't mind cause it kept me out of her hair for a while in the mancave but when she passed I buried myself in Pins because now it's my space and I can do whatever I want! Problem is I now want my space back at least the living room and kitchen... Starting to get some ideas here and will post my final pics over the weekend perhaps a nice project for the snowstorm tomorrow... Thanks again for the feedback, it really helps to hear other peoples thoughts...
    Tom

Now you are making the two people who upvoted me feel bad!

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Now you are making the two people who upvoted me feel bad!

No problem, it's been almost 5 years and I'm starting to feel human again! That's the only bummer...humans suck! Why can't I be a dog...

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from cantbfrank:

Why do you have to sell?

I like your question...with some reaaranging I could fit them all in the basement except maybe the one in the breakfast nook of the kitchen, and the one in the guest room which I don't mind there... hmmm... I may just keep them all!
    I hope that wouldn't offend anyone! I didn't say I was selling them I just asked which 4 you would sell first!
    OMG, I have a serious problem if I can't sell a few of these... What to do, I may need to drink on this one!!!!!

That plan is in place and I'll go from there!!!! Since it's Friday that's a no brainer right!!!???

#30 8 years ago

How about posting several of them and seeing which ones sell quickly and at a reasonable price? I've tended to sell the pins in which others have expressed an interest.

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

I like your question...with some reaaranging I could fit them all in the basement except maybe the one in the breakfast nook of the kitchen, and the one in the guest room which I don't mind there... hmmm... I may just keep them all!
    I hope that wouldn't offend anyone! I didn't say I was selling them I just asked which 4 you would sell first!
    OMG, I have a serious problem if I can't sell a few of these... What to do, I may need to drink on this one!!!!!
    That plan is in place and I'll go from there!!!! Since it's Friday that's a no brainer right!!!???

Problem is, we haven't all played all of these and can't make informed decisions...

You're going to need to make a post on the pinball party subforum, I think :p

#32 8 years ago

I would sell me the black hole or the spirit of 76..then pizza and beer

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from belairjoe:

I would sell me the black hole or the spirit of 76..then pizza and beer

Sell him the Spirit of '76 and me the Black Hole.

Then you're halfway there!

#34 8 years ago

Put them all up for sale and the first four that sell are the ones that leave. That way you clear up some space quicker.

#35 8 years ago

Easy choice for me.

Silverball Mania
    Firepower
    Class of 1812
    Getaway HSII

#36 8 years ago

List all of them (but a few keepers) for sale at (what you think are) outrageous prices. See what goes first.

#37 8 years ago

This is a problem I'd love to have one day!

#38 8 years ago

Just flip this over and pick the 11 you want to KEEP. I find that makes it easier. So take 11 of something, and then go play your games. Place that sheet of paper (or whatever) on the machines you are keeping. With only 11 to go around, the easy ones get it quickly. So then you will end up with 8 games and 4 sheets of paper. Then it is just a matter of really asking which game you like better. Those last 4 spots will be won, and the games without the sheet of paper get sold.

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Woz - one of the best games ever made

I fixed that for you. Seriously, you've just lost any credibility that you had before that crazy statement.

#40 8 years ago

I'll play! I love lists! With no other factors to go on, I would axe:

1-Spirit of 76
    2-Black Hole
    3-Galaxy
    4-WoZ

#41 8 years ago

Time to build an out building for the games.

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Just flip this over and pick the 11 you want to KEEP. I find that makes it easier. So take 11 of something, and then go play your games. Place that sheet of paper (or whatever) on the machines you are keeping. With only 11 to go around, the easy ones get it quickly. So then you will end up with 8 games and 4 sheets of paper. Then it is just a matter of really asking which game you like better. Those last 4 spots will be won, and the games without the sheet of paper get sold.

I like this plan, thanks!!!

#43 8 years ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Not to hijack your thread but I'm in the same boat. Only have room for four and my lineup is TAF, FH, TZ, and TSPP. I want something fresh but can't bring myself to give up any of these titles

I would have trouble letting any of those go as well, I'm looking at taking it down and only selling 2 games now...

I have a problem with letting any of them go!

Tom

#44 8 years ago

Sell, silverball, Playboy, batman

#45 8 years ago

If they were mine I would sell in order, top first:

Silverball Mania
    Sky Jump
    Spirit of 76
    Bally Playboy
    Nip It
    Stern Meteor
    Black Hole
    Firepower (depending on condition)

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

I would have trouble letting any of those go as well, I'm looking at taking it down and only selling 2 games now...
    I have a problem with letting any of them go!
    Tom

And it begins. You have gone from selling 4, to selling 2. Next stop selling none, and the end of the line, 4 new games. You may as well just buy them now

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

Woz is a terrible game.

Couldn't agree more. Thanks for the backup bro!

ps I don't think we do the "fixed it for you" thing on pinside but I might be wrong. Things would get confusing fast.

#48 8 years ago

Wow this is harder then I thought, but since you asked....I've come up with eight games you should get rid of according to my personal taste. Pick any four out of these eight and there you go....or if it were me I'd get rid of all eight.

Silverball Mania
    Sky Jump
    Spirit of 76
    Stern Galaxy
    Stern Meteor
    Firepower
    Space Shuttle
    Addams Family

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#49 8 years ago

Class of 1812 easy choice for #1 out the door. 90s Gottlieb deserve to hit the bricks.

#50 8 years ago

get rid of the following:

Silverball Mania
    Sky Jump
    Black Hole
    Batman Forever

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-decide-what-to-sell-i-cant-do-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.