37 days ago

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 days ago by Audioenslaved
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which one?”

• Star Wars Premium 47 votes
      33%
    • Iron Maiden Premium 96 votes
      67%

(143 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC05367 med (resized).jpg
    DSC05365 (resized).JPG
    DSC05355 med (resized).jpg
    DSC05287 med (resized).jpg
    maiden.gif

#1 37 days ago

I’m going to add a game. Premium. Star Wars or Iron Maiden? Theme wise I’m a Star Wars guy, game play wise I kinda dig Iron Maiden more, but I’m not into the music. Help!

#2 37 days ago

I enjoy both games but I tend to play Maiden a lot more.

#3 37 days ago

I got INTO Maiden after owning it. Better than MET (I'm talking music here).

Huge Star Wars franchise fan (Just binged 7 seasons of clone wars w/my son), but the pin is just empty with very strangely complex rules.

maiden.gif
    #4 37 days ago

You gotta own star wars to appreciate it. Rules aren't that complex once you watch a video or two.

Maiden is great too, theme just didn't fit in my home.

#5 37 days ago

Star Wars is underrated, but appears quite empty and especially compared to IMDN pre. Layout wise, IMDN blows SW away, but if you’re not into the theme, it will grind on you later during ownership. I wish it was the IMDN layout for SW theme combined. Then you’d have an awesome machine.

#6 37 days ago

I knew 1 maiden song when I bought. Kinda liking their music now. Not a major fan, but the pin is soooooo much better

#7 37 days ago

Most of the SW shots are just OK-to-good, and I am not real big on the theme--which is a double whammy. Not a big fan of Maiden, but it is a brilliant first effort by Elwin and has shots and modes for days. The music grows on you after awhile, and the callouts are excellent.

#8 37 days ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I’m going to add a game. Premium. Star Wars or Iron Maiden? Theme wise I’m a Star Wars guy, game play wise I kinda dig Iron Maiden more, but I’m not into the music. Help!

I'd go with maiden, because gameplay is a larger factor than theme imo, but SW is good, too. As far as the music goes, you can turn the sound off and play your own jams, or you could get a pinball mix.

#9 37 days ago

It really comes down to the multiplier system here, if you like it go SW if not go IMDN.
    Both are awesome so just pick one up now and swing aroun for the other later.

Edit: as for the IMDN music it is pretty cheesetastic, but you can turn it all the way down and the call outs are still really good.

#10 37 days ago

Sw doesn't compare anywhere. Maiden is 5x better.

#11 37 days ago

Both are awesome! If you want that complex rule/strategy set, with brutal gameplay, then go SW. if you want brilliant rules and layout, go IM.

Voted SW.

#12 37 days ago

Star Wars has the hyperloop which is awesome. I don’t appreciate the game until I had it at home. Not so complex with the multiplier move it to where you need to shoot. But it’s fast and fun. Iron maiden just misses something for me but in saying that JP2 also misses something for me. I don’t know what and I know I’m in the minority for both games

#13 37 days ago

With this comparison, I’d go with the theme you enjoy the most. The themes couldn’t be more different.

#14 37 days ago

I Own Both machines and would take Iron Maiden over star wars all day the shots and soundtracks are amazing..

#15 37 days ago

Something else.

#16 37 days ago
    Quoted from Jeffswack:

You gotta own star wars to appreciate it. Rules aren't that complex once you watch a video or two.

I agree, Star wars is fantastic once you grasp the rules. 6 months back I was debating to buy a new pin with the Maiden, JP, DP, Wonka, BM66 were all in the running and so was playing them as much as possible and I wasn't really thinking about SW but played that too and it just clicked.

I also owned a Maiden pro for a few months and that was also darn impressive (only reason I didn't keep it was because it was a temporary purchase in that I was buying it and holding it for a friend). I still feel as if I would buy Maiden at some point when I get the room but I can't decide if I want the premium.

With SW while I did like the pro a lot the missing hyperloop on the pro is major. I think the hyperloop is the coolest toy ever.

Here is a quick explanation of SW rules.

#17 37 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It really comes down to the multiplier system here, if you like it go SW if not go IMDN.
    Both are awesome so just pick one up now and swing aroun for the other later.

I agree especially regarding the multipliers on SW at first I didn't understand at all but once I figured out, they are fun to move around and get a 50M point shot (or more). I know it might be outlandish to get a 40x shot it's almost like cheating but this is one solitary pin in my lineup so I feel like it's good to have something so different and out of left field on this rule. My other pins are mostly standard type scoring so this is one different.

The theme and theme integration on SW is great too. I don't turn on stacking modes so I am only playing one movie scene at a time so it makes more sense than having scrambled eggs scenes but you can decide how you prefer.

I think Maiden is very fantastic too so I have a hard time to pick but slight edge to SW premium.

#18 37 days ago

Don’t know if this is good or bad info but the bonus multipliers are a big deal in SW scoring. If you are playing against someone this could be a detriment if it makes the luck more active than skill. If you are just playing for fun it can be exciting to see a big score pop up.

I was just playing and had my bonus x up a bit not really trying but just happened then I got a mystery award that doubled the bonus and got a quick hyperloop hurry up shot with the X on it. I didn’t line it up was just happening (the best X by default will be on the HL). So by not really trying but by keeping the multiplier on the boil and lucky mystery and quick HL hurry shot was worth 218,000,000 thanks to 30X (one shot). This one shot was worth half my total game score.

I’m not super skillful player but I’m ok, this was more luck than anything. But have to say it’s a wow moment to get hundreds of millions of points on one shot.

#19 37 days ago

Music is about the only thing you can change on a modern pin. Go for Maiden.

#20 36 days ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Music is about the only thing you can change on a modern pin. Go for Maiden.

I disagree about changing the music. The entire pin is about the songs, Rhyme of the Mariner, Fear of the Dark, Aces High. Everything is related to Iron Maiden and the songs.

If you change the songs to xyz different songs they won’t fit at all with the inserts or the display animations etc.

#21 36 days ago
    Quoted from rai:

I disagree about changing the music. The entire pin is about the songs, Rhyme of the Mariner, Fear of the Dark, Aces High. Everything is related to Iron Maiden and the songs.

If you change the songs to xyz different songs they won’t fit at all with the inserts or the display animations etc.

The songs are well integrated, yes.

If you look at Pinside ratings, Maiden is one of the top games of all time. The rating gap between Maiden and Star Wars is as big as the gap between Star Wars and Cyclone (or The Flinstones).

If music, or music integration is important enough to you wackybrakke that it could turn Cyclone into a better game than Star Wars...then you should get a Star Wars.

But I'm a gameplay over theme kind of guy. Except as an operator, in which case, theme is by far the most important factor to earnings. Also, Star Wars was the biggest theme I've skipped out on as an operator, which I did because I didn't like the gameplay. It was an absolute mistake, as it is a great earning game.

#22 36 days ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

If you look at Pinside ratings, ...

...then you've already lost

#23 36 days ago

I vote something else. I looked at your collection. If you like beer at all, some humor, and so many different ways to try to accomplish different things that the game will last for a while...get a Oktoberfest, very under rated. AP did a awesome job with this game.

#24 35 days ago

I still can’t decide!!! Yesterday I was leaning Iron Maiden now I am thinking Star Wars. Then do I get the comic art or the original art? Decisions decisions! I wish one of these would pop up locally used, that would solve my problem.

#25 35 days ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I still can’t decide!!! Yesterday I was leaning Iron Maiden now I am thinking Star Wars. Then do I get the comic art or the original art? Decisions decisions! I wish one of these would pop up locally used, that would solve my problem.

If I were to buy a SW’s, I would buy the comic art edition.

#26 35 days ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I own and love both games! And still dig SW's original art more myself.

DSC05287 med (resized).jpg

DSC05355 med (resized).jpg

#27 35 days ago

Star Wars Premium Comic Art it is! Surprisingly had to find in stock, but I found one!

#28 35 days ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Star Wars Premium Comic Art it is! Surprisingly had to find in stock, but I found one!

Great the art looks even better in person.

#29 35 days ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I own and love both games! And still dig SW's original art more myself.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Original are is great too.

Can you post a close up picture of the model TIE and X-Wing?

#30 35 days ago

Its not even a choice,
    Im surprised SW got as much 36% in the poll.

Iron Maiden is by far the better game,
    only if your a 100% Star Wars geek then, you choose Star Wars.....

#31 35 days ago

Yeah captain howdy is right. Iron Maiden is the better machine hands down. Elwen did so well with the layout providing so many more shots compared to SW. The coding and use of modes is top notch in Maiden making it deep with always more to try to reach.

#32 35 days ago

Which theme are you most into?

I love both but it's IM all the way. As much as I love the original SW trilogy the game is very tedious. Maiden has better shots, flow, undeworld, code, etc. But if you don't like their music then that could be a showstopper as it plays all of the time.

#33 35 days ago

AND BOOM! Watched a couple more game play videos on you tube. Switched to Iron Maiden Premium. It's on order

#34 35 days ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

AND BOOM! Watched a couple more game play videos on you tube. Switched to Iron Maiden Premium. It's on order

Maiden is one of the top stern games ever in my opinion. The theme on Star Wars is obviously more universally loved, but the layout is pretty meh.

#35 34 days ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Oops.

#36 34 days ago

Dang it. Did I make a mistake? Crap. Ok I’ll get both! Problem solved

#37 34 days ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

There you go!

Maiden is super fun to play and typically leaves me feeling like I was so close to getting to the next level. Love the artwork, lighting, various shots, modes, and code!

I also love the gameplay ability on SW to build up the multiplier value, strategically move the multiplier arrow(s) around, and then make the critical shot(s). A Ritchie layout that shoots smooth and doesn't disappoint. The hyperloop shot isn't easy to hit, but damn - SO COOL and satisfying when you do!

Quoted from rai:

Can you post a close up picture of the model TIE and X-Wing?

DSC05367 med (resized).jpg

DSC05365 (resized).JPG

#38 34 days ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Well...not really. Iron Maiden is a really fun game (although I'm not a fan of their music). But the hyperloop in SW is one of the greatest rushes in all of pinball, and the pressure of adding balls during hyperspace multiball is enough to make you throw a clot. The rules in SW are really terrific, and yes...while it lacks in toys and is pretty wide open, it's a wicked fast game and captures the theme perfectly.

You can't go wrong either way!

#39 34 days ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

You can't go wrong either way!

I agree, the theme of SW is the best or me like the best ever, but if it didn't play great I wouldn't have bought it and to me it only getting better as I play it more. I really prefer the layout for Maiden as well that's no lie but the same time SW is a really good layout (IMO) with nice drop targets out lane saver and really the small screen is also quite nice but the hyper loop takes the cake. I used to say the ring in LotR was the best magnet toy but now I think the HL is my favorite.

#40 34 days ago

As I said above the and others have said the hyperloop is such a fun shot and builds pressure to shoot it to get more balls whizzing around up there argh it’s really good. I’d have another one in a heartbeat too

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 35.00
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 75.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 6.50
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 36.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    bB Customs
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 4.95
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    $ 21.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside