• 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by nephasth
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images_1.jpg
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Hey guys. I've been having an impossible time making up my mind. My beautiful LOTR LE has been out of my place since November. It's been fixed and has a new color DMD installed. I have to decide whether to keep her or list her for sale tonight. I've been wavering on this for way too long. I was gonna sell to use that money as part of my car down payment. But I dont "need" it. Just don't want to go into my other savings. I'm not worried about a VE as the LE will always have the double coated playfield and hair dick!

My Lotr is worth the same as my fix it felix. I never play the felix but the rarity and ability to replace felix is much harder. What would you do?

Car is a Challenger Hellcat, so there's that.

#2 8 years ago

Fix It Felix Jr. is a mediocre, fake arcade game, no brainer. If an original cabinet is seriously worth LOTR VE money it would be out my door yesterday. Why would you even want to replace it down the line if you can have 10 real, fun games with that kind of money?

#3 8 years ago

Felix just sold on eBay with shipping for over 7k. They also just announced wreck it Ralph 2. When it comes to collectible and rarity, felix can't be beat. Yes game isn't as much fun as pin.

#4 8 years ago

After the release of Pixels, Fix it Felix will become a forgotten memory. All the Pixels games will quickly become the new must have items (so don't sell off DK). The choice seems pretty simple to me. Good luck!

#5 8 years ago

Sell it. Get drunk. PayPal me the money.

Beelzeboob has spoken.

#6 8 years ago

PIxels is gonna suck! Adam Sandler is so washed up. Wreck it Ralph is amazing!

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Sell it. Get drunk. PayPal me the money.
Beelzeboob has spoken.

Half way drunk.

#8 8 years ago

See my topic thread about how Trent destroyed my LOTR LE today. Don't sell it - pretty sure the a LOTR VE will NOT be coming out anytime soon. The LE was their VE for that game. Took me awhile to find a good LE and I suck at it but it is a blast. It is a keeper unless it has you so demoralized that u can't bear to play it and find yourself avoiding pinball all together because of the pain that LOTR causes you. Otherwise keep it and continue on until you pound it into submission - once you reach Valinor feel free to declare victory and take your place among the conquering heroes and then you can sell it.

#9 8 years ago

Fix it Felix is definitely more of a novelty, but if you don't ever play it, why keep it? Seems to me that the smart decision would be to try and sell that instead! Keep the LOTR! Oooor if you're interested in getting a different pin, sell Felix for the car, sell LOTR for a new pin?

Quoted from kaneda:

PIxels is gonna suck! Adam Sandler is so washed up. Wreck it Ralph is amazing!

Wreck it Ralph is the bees knees! I'm waiting to see Pixels before I pass judgement!

#10 8 years ago

Keep your LOTR LE. Great game. Just my 2 cents.

#11 8 years ago

I think you answered you own initial question. LOTR is great and with the ColorDMD it is perfect fun.

Fix it is a cool novelty. If you want it to be able to say you own one, well, that's a collector that wants to say "look at me" but does not play.

So unless you have room for your own museum, go for the fun.

#12 8 years ago

Keep your LOTR but sell your house and PayPal me $100. I have spoken, it will be done.

#13 8 years ago

sell Felix it's not fun just a fad.

#14 8 years ago

Dont you still owe Pinballsmith for the FFJr?
Sell them both, find a different hobby...

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

Dont you still owe Pinballsmith for the FFJr?
Sell them both, find a different hobby...

Really? U want to be the one guy who brings this shit up? We settled our dispute two years ago! You must be a KLOV mofo

#16 8 years ago

50 more minutes to decide

#17 8 years ago

All I want to know is when is the Hellcat scheduled to arrive?!

#18 8 years ago

I am all for whatever option gets your obnoxious ass off the forum. So yes, sell your LOTR.

#19 8 years ago

I would use the money from your savings on your down payment for your HellCat. You will have a much better return on your investment keeping your LOTR than money just sitting in savings. (in fact you lose money in the bank with inflation).

I have a Hellcat on order from Janury this year. Just got my vin# issued yesterday. ETA is September. Im stoked!

-Dan

#20 8 years ago

Sell me your LOTR and FF to someone else. You will need it for gas money!

#21 8 years ago

As much as I love rare collectables, I'd probably sell the Fix it Felix. I feel like those will just go down in value with time rather than up. Plus it's a collectable item that I personally would just not be interested in much at all.

#22 8 years ago

My question is, why has it been out of your place since November? Like 8 months ago? That seems like a crazy amount of time for a colordmd swap and to fix whatever problem it was having.

It's been gone for 8 months, you haven't played it or missed it enough to bring it back, I think you may like the idea of pinball and the social aspect of it more than actually owning/fixing/modding/playing one.

If you had several pins and one wasn't getting attention for a few months, ok no big deal. But to only have one game and for it not to be with you for this long.....

Just sell it man and enjoy the new toy (car).

Or hell, keep both games and dip into savings for the Dodge. You only live once!

#24 8 years ago

Hellcat is not going to get you laid but a LOTR LE.....wait nevermind.

#25 8 years ago

Or, you can get a Challenger Scat Pack like I did, add a Kennebell supercharger (like I want to) and then smoke the Hellcat with over 900HP, all for <$50k.

#26 8 years ago

Entire value of the Lotr LE goes poof the minute your hellcat rolls off the lot!

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Or, you can get a Challenger Scat Pack like I did, add a Kennebell supercharger (like I want to) and then smoke the Hellcat with over 900HP, all for <$50k.

One has a warranty for 100,000 miles. The other does not. I'll let you guess which is which.

And adding the SC to a Scat Pack will actually decrease the value when you go to sell, unless you are lucky enough to find a rare/specific buyer.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

My question is, why has it been out of your place since November? Like 8 months ago? That seems like a crazy amount of time for a colordmd swap and to fix whatever problem it was having.
It's been gone for 8 months, you haven't played it or missed it enough to bring it back, I think you may like the idea of pinball and the social aspect of it more than actually owning/fixing/modding/playing one.
If you had several pins and one wasn't getting attention for a few months, ok no big deal. But to only have one game and for it not to be with you for this long.....
Just sell it man and enjoy the new toy (car).
Or hell, keep both games and dip into savings for the Dodge. You only live once!

Well it was suppose to be fixed quickly and then we had some issues and had to send it out to someone else to fix. Once the new guy got it it was fixed right away. It's been done for about 2 months. That was when I ordered the hellcat. I do miss it but I also live 5 minutes from modern pinball. So I can get my pinball itch scratched without needing to own a pin. But that being said this pin is amazing and I really wanted to brass her out and keep her.

#29 8 years ago

Here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to visit her today, get her all set up, play her and then make up my mind. I think it's easier to sell when I haven't seen her in months. If I do sell price will be fair and she's got lots of nice mods and is just about mint.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I am all for whatever option gets your obnoxious ass off the forum. So yes, sell your LOTR.

Really? Did I ever do anything to you?

#31 8 years ago

2017 gt 500, I'd wait for that.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Hellcat is cooler.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to visit her today, get her all set up, play her and then make up my mind. I think it's easier to sell when I haven't seen her in months.

With that backglass you still think it's a her?

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Hellcat is cooler.

Depends if you like turning or not

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

I really don't care for the new body style on the Mustang at all.

GT500 will be extremely impressive in terms of performance though, no question. And everyone fully expects that it will beat the Hellcat in HP when released.

#36 8 years ago

I think for a Hellcat, I'd sell the LOTR.

#37 8 years ago

So I've decided to keep her and get the hellcat. Just saw her and love that pin so much. I'm not sure ford will make a gt500 this time around. The gt350r costs more than a hellcat. A monster gt500 would probably cost $75,000.

#38 8 years ago

Check out Saleen

#39 8 years ago

Fix it felix can be put together for 1000 so if you can get 7000 take that all day.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

So I've decided to keep her and get the hellcat. Just saw her and love that pin so much. I'm not sure ford will make a gt500 this time around. The gt350r costs more than a hellcat. A monster gt500 would probably cost $75,000.

Good decision!!! I'm not a fan of the pin myself but you need at least one pin to pimp out and enjoy at home.

#41 8 years ago

G5t500 will be made and expected to be 75-80 base and add options from there. If you are going to spend cash on the hellcat, I'd say find a 2013 gt500 with a Shelby kit. One was on eBay for 65k which is a steal considering the car with the Shelby work was slightly north of 100k

#42 8 years ago

No had a 2010 GT500. Hated the love rear axle. Nobody knows anything about the next gt500. Hellcat is coming home.

#43 8 years ago

If you have to make a down payment on the car just keep LOTR, Felix & you current vehicle.

Why pay finance fees for negative equity?

You want to retire in your 40's right?

With a LOTR right?

#44 8 years ago

You seem much more like a Prius kind of guy.

#45 8 years ago

Hellcat is lame, that car needs a ton of work right off the lot to hook up that horsepower. Who puts 265 tires on a car with that much power? .......oh yeah dodge does.......Go buy a gtr and destroy all competition at stoplights and the track

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Hellcat is lame, that car needs a ton of work right off the lot to hook up that horsepower. Who puts 265 tires on a car with that much power? .......oh yeah dodge does...

The Hellcat is hardly lame. Putting 265 tires on it is lame, yes.

#48 8 years ago

If you didn't already order, I think you're way ahead of yourself. Orders were stopped in March because they're all sold and dealers were gouging for existing inventory. Unless something has changed drastically, you *might* be able to order in a August/September and be lucky to have the car by Summer 2016.

#49 8 years ago

Good call on keeping LOTR, but sell Fix it Felix immediately as out something fast, reasonably priced and brutal in its place, like BSD or Shadow.

Why the hell buy a car at all if you live in Manhattan??! Take transit and uber everywhere, and rent a car when you need to. You'll still be about 20 K ahead after a year!

#50 8 years ago

I could build a felix for about $300 or less Canadian. But why bother its not even a real arcade game. Or actually that good of a game.

Nintendo cabinet plans, online free
19" crt computer monitor. Free.
Old computer, free
Software online free
$60 in plywood
$60 in plexiglass
Keyboard incoder $30
Controls $30
Artwork vector files online, free.
Printed $80
Used coindoor $20
White T moulding $20

Sell it. If someone is willing to pay that much for a fake game. Get rid of it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 7.50
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-decide-sell-lotr-le-or-not-decision-at-midnight/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.