Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2712_(resized).JPG
IMG_0729_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

All,

I am in the process of looking to add 2 new games to my collection. I was trying to decide on the following (I added a few comments to each title)

GB Premium - really like the looks of this game but part of me thinks I can wait a while until it matures (but part of me wants it now too). I really like zombiyeti artwork.

SMVE - I always wanted SM and came close to buying it several times but stayed away because of it's similarity to AFM. I personally really like the VE package so it has a lot of new interest with me.

MMr - I had MMr, Predator and RAZA all on pre-order but dropped out on all of them when I got nervous about Predator and RAZA. It was obviously a good decision overall to cancel since I got my money back on all the games but I ended up not getting a MMr. Now I am thinking about getting back in but I have MB and AFM.

TBL - Looks interesting and is now delivering. I like the theme but don't know anything about the game. Trying to do some more research here. I do like that it is different.

Full Throttle - Kind of the same as above for TBL. I think i lean a little more towards TBL but Full Throttle is cheaper and looks interesting. My TRON is gone and i loved the fiber optic ramps.

TH - i keep looking at this game but I don't know what it is about TH movies that i can't remember one from the next (not that I don't like them). I wasn't a WOZ fan so I kind of put this at the bottom of the list (not to offend anyone who bought or likes the game). That said I do like the way it looks so maybe more thought here.

Also looking to add some cheaper game that I can fix and add to my collection - I had been looking for a funhouse for awhile and recently went to buy a playfield (figured I would find a game later) and I can't find them for sale anymore. Plus FH seems to be pretty expensive now. So now I am thinking about JM, JD or JP as a cheaper option.

Thanks

#2 7 years ago

If you have the means-
Definitely..
GB Premium - this is something new and different from Stern, and I love it (Pro--haven't played Premium yet).

My personal 2nd choice would be an original MM, or patience--big 10 months of releases coming.

#3 7 years ago

I think the SMVE is a solid choice, proven game, code, what a looker, great theme etc. Lots of fun. Then I would check into a Indy 500.

#4 7 years ago

Full Throttle...gets you the "system" then you can buy new games at 60% and swap out in 5 minutes. Alien is next.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Full Throttle...gets you the "system" then you can buy new games at 60% and swap out in 5 minutes. Alien is next.

That sounds interesting - I did not know that.....

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

That sounds interesting - I did not know that.....

Bunch of Heighway threads that have good info. I have a FT on the way. Alien should be completed in the next few months and from what I hear they have licenses for at least 2 more games. I'm getting a FThrottle standard edition black cabinet with black trim which should go well with Alien at least..though I have upgraded to huge LCD, Fiber Optic ramps and a shaker. FT base price is $5950 plus US shipping which seems like a good deal for a fast wide body game that can be used for future titles. Features seem similar to a premium stern.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-long-does-it-take-to-swap-a-heighway-pinball-game

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-full-throttle-tutorial-by-bowen

#7 7 years ago

I played Full Throttle at TPF quite a few times and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Motorcycle racing is not a theme that I thought would appeal to me, but it is very well done. On top of that, knowing that Alien is next - well it's Alien!

#8 7 years ago

I've decided I'm not going to help you decide. GLWD.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I've decided I'm not going to help you decide. GLWD.

Your not at least going to push JP?

#10 7 years ago

If you stand next to it, I can push it over.

#11 7 years ago

Full throttle and TBL

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

If you stand next to it, I can push it over.

Goin Dino tippin.

#13 7 years ago

Full Throttle

Very well build. Modular system, easy to maintain. Challenging game. Playfields can be swapped etc.

More info;
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-club-enjoy-the-adrenaline

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Goin Dino tippin.

Laughed aloud on that. Definitely know the difference between herbivore and omnivore.

#15 7 years ago

thanks - been reading about FT and watching some videos sounds pretty good. I like that you can change the games and I think it looks pretty sweet in chrome. I am leaning towards FT and SMVE at this moment. I will probably get GB once it has been out for a while.

#16 7 years ago

Also cool build on the FT - I love how you can remove the assemblies for the pop bumpers and flippers.

#17 7 years ago

Full Throttle

Stern charges way too much for DMD games with incomplete code & now they're price fixing.

I've got a 100% Stern lineup but they're becoming dicks like Blockbuster Video before their crash.

Go w/Full Throttle & line your game room walls with the playfields of new games to drop in Pin2k style. That should result in full featured games for far less than a stripped down incomplete Pro.

#18 7 years ago

I went through the same decision process as you . I settled on FT , love the idea of swapping out games at 60% full price , I watched a lot of vids before deciding . Just waiting on it to come .

#19 7 years ago

Hey Mark. How have you been? Hope all is well.

I'm getting a similar itch to mix up my game room. GB, TBL, and MMr are all on my list (as is Alien, Tron, TWD and maybe a few older titles). I think I'll probably wait to see how GB premium turns out. If it has a lot of cheap drains from the manga slings, I'll probably lean towards Alien if I go NIB. Or if I find a Tron or a TWD locally, maybe I'll go that direction. Could even pick up two new games if I really want to mix things up...

Curious to hear what direction you end up going. I think we have pretty similar taste in pins.

#20 7 years ago

I dunno about all them high dollar games you listed, but JM's got the poison!

#21 7 years ago

Looks like you can have any game u want ..

#22 7 years ago

I think I might go with FT as my 1st choice. Trying to see if it is at PAGG so I can play it.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I think I might go with FT as my 1st choice. Trying to see if it is at PAGG so I can play it.

Good choice. If you are in my neighborhood you can play mine

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Good choice. If you are in my neighborhood you can play mine

I wish I was in your neighborhood because that would mean i was finally on vacation. The PAGG (Pin A Go Go) site says the game will be there so I am going to take a flight up to Sacramento to see and play the game. Looking to go to the swap meet and possibly track down JD or JM or possibly an EM too.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I wish I was in your neighborhood because that would mean i was finally on vacation. The PAGG (Pin A Go Go) site says the game will be there so I am going to take a flight up to Sacramento to see and play the game. Looking to go to the swap meet and possibly track down JD or JM or possibly an EM too.

Enjoy the show and let us know what Full Throttle did to you

Hope you can find those cool games you for a swap deal.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 7 years ago

Well the show is next week and can't wait to play some games. I keep going back and forth on what I want. In the meantime I have a chance to locally pick up a KISS Pro. I liked it but didnt quite pull the trigger. Thoughts on the KISS? I might add it as a 3rd game. I think my decision has come between FT, GB Prem, SMVE and MMr Standard. It is really tough as I want all 4.

#27 7 years ago

Save money and get Spider-Man original. It well tested and code is mature. I had one and loved it.

Full Throttle is really fun, I like mine. Nothing negative to say about GB, I'll be getting one.

#28 7 years ago

What about thoughts on the kiss pro, I need to decide on that really soon.....

#29 7 years ago

Fun, but a bit repetitive. ACDC is better and you have it. I would love to borrow a Kiss in trade for a while.

#30 7 years ago

I have been looking for a centigrade 37 for a while too - I see you have one of those.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

GB Premium - really like the looks of this game

Everybody that's played the premium says it's a real winner.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Save money and get Spider-Man original.

There was a SM HUO today on Pinball Classifieds - $5500 with all the mods - sent a message at 6:00 am this morning and it was already sold.

#33 7 years ago

Nice choices, I'd give ST premium / LE a look as well as the light show is amazing and to me it's a bit more fun than SM. I kind of like SM Venom ramp better than the warp ramp, and the rules might be better on SM. But to me it was more or less playing the same game over and over starting the villain etc.. while ST is nice to have the different modes. Both great but on looks (I mean the light show ) ST LE/ premium is the cat's meow.

I see you have Met that's another favorite of mine as well as IM/Tron.

Everyone is loving on GB and I'm leaning towards that being my next pin or TWD if a pro shakes out at a good price near me.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I have been looking for a centigrade 37 for a while too - I see you have one of those.

Yes. It's a beauty. A fun game. I was fortunate to find a nice once.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#35 7 years ago

Rai and I have had a several of the same games. Considering I have an STLE and had a Spiderman, I must agree that STLE is the bomb. Despite that, if I had a pro, I would probably let it go and try something new.

I'm a big fan of Spider-Man. Not exactly arguing, but I see SM having something games like ST and kiss seem to lack. SM has specific inserts and art that tell you what you are doing. ST and Kiss sometimes fell like "Ohhhh this time I shoot the green lights" Using as few words as possible, it feels like the color changing lights make up for a lack of indivual shots and labeled inserts.

You would likely be happy with either.

#36 7 years ago

I'm really surprised you haven't mentioned the Walking Dead.
Have you seen this video by Bowem, explaining the rules?

My top 3 games are ACDC, Metallica, and Walking Dead.

I have owned a Full Throttle, and played the Hobbit. My next move is to sell Game of Thrones to get a Ghostbusters Premium.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I have owned a Full Throttle,

The person selling the KISS is selling to buy TWD. I just haven't paid too much attention to that game as I have never watched the show. I am not much of a TV guy unless it is sports, car modifying or home type shows.

Why did you sell FT?

#38 7 years ago

I would get GB for sure. The next one is tougher, but I would probably get Full Throttle. MM is a classic and you can't go wrong there, but FT is a blast to shoot and offers a little more variety in your collection. TBL is tempting, but I would wait and see how the code comes along.

#39 7 years ago

Full Throttle is an amazing shooting game, with a theme I am completely numb to, but it is really executed well. I can't speak to the quality of the build or the service, but at expo this year i found myself walking past TBL, MMR, to get to the FT... that happened. I absolutely loved playing it...

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I would get GB for sure. The next one is tougher, but I would probably get Full Throttle. MM is a classic and you can't go wrong there, but FT is a blast to shoot and offers a little more variety in your collection. TBL is tempting, but I would wait and see how the code comes along.

True - that seems to be the way I am leaning right now - GB Prem and FT. I agree about MM, since I have AFM and MB. SM, I guess I can look for a used one since there will be no rush once I get the other games.

#41 7 years ago

first GB pro

second SMVE

third FT

#42 7 years ago

Forget TBL, building them at one per week it will be several years before/if you would ever see one.

#43 7 years ago

If you want a good bang for the buck you should seriously consider Multimorphic Lexy Lightspeed. 4 games for the price of one!

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Forget TBL, building them at one per week it will be several years before/if you would ever see one

Correct - I think I pretty much took TBL off the list.

Quoted from Pinterest:

If you want a good bang for the buck you should seriously consider Multimorphic Lexy Lightspeed. 4 games for the price of one!

I just looked at that and not sure I could figure out what it was...heard of it before but never really looked into it

Also been trying to get a FH again, had a few leads but still no one wants to come down to my price yet. I am looking for one where I can do a restore with decals and playfield. I contacted Micro and he said he is doing another playfield run this summer. ]

I go to PAGG this weekend so hopefully can make decisions soon.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Correct - I think I pretty much took TBL off the list.

I just looked at that and not sure I could figure out what it was...heard of it before but never really looked into it
Also been trying to get a FH again, had a few leads but still no one wants to come down to my price yet. I am looking for one where I can do a restore with decals and playfield. I contacted Micro and he said he is doing another playfield run this summer. ]

I watched the videos and hated it. I played one at Pinfest last year and ordered one at the show - first NIB. You should play one it's the most technologically advanced machine and nothing comes close to what it can do.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Multimorphic P3 will be at PAGG I believe, I would be interested to hear your review if you play it.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Multimorphic P3 will be at PAGG I believe, I would be interested to hear your review if you play it.

If it is there then I will play it - will let everyone know

#48 7 years ago

Had a good day at PAGG. I really liked the FT. After my second game I put up 3rd highest score. I know it was not that great of a score but still felt good... The game is fast, The theme was ok but it was really more the shots and how fast some of the shots were. Game felt solid and well made.

As it stands right now I am going to to get the FT and was leaning toward MMr. They had a MMr there and I really liked the way it looked. I keep going back to it and checking it out. It wasn't one free play but I did get one game on it. It was for display only.

I liked the GB, that will definitely be on my list but I don't think I need to rush out and pic it up.

I played the P3 and for some reason I just wasn't feeling it but I am not a big video game person.

I liked TH but not as much as the 3 listed above.

They didn't have any SMVEs - I was hoping to see that but i think it is taking a backseat to the 3 listed above.

I also bought another translite lighted swapbox with a Big Bang Bar transllte. I think they look pretty cool. I already had 2 of them in my gameroom (see pic).

IMG_0729_(resized).jpgIMG_0729_(resized).jpg

IMG_2712_(resized).JPGIMG_2712_(resized).JPG

#49 7 years ago

Another vote for Full Throttle - the game I should have bought instead of Predator

Add a cheaper game to save some $ and buy Alien's kit when released.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Another vote for Full Throttle - the game I should have bought instead of Predator
Add a cheaper game to save some $ and buy Alien's kit when released.

Yes, Full Throttle is great. Build quality is top notch. Game code is very mature. Some additional features, animations and call outs will make it beyond great. Cannot go wrong there.

And the Alien kit will be the cherry on the cake

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-decide-on-next-2-games-so-many-choices-now and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.