(Topic ID: 78541)

(Spider-Man Update)Help me decide new title please.

By theke

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Jimmyd044
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-501.jpg
image-998.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I am very lucky to have the small collection that I have now....and even luckier to have a wife who has helped me rob Peter to pay Paul to allow our family to have a place to hang out and play pinball in our own home. We have room for one more pin and have decided to fill that spot! If you we're to choose between: Star Trek the Next Generation, The Adams Family, The Twilight Zone or the Medievel Madness LE re-make what would your choice be and why?

#2 10 years ago

How about Star Trek LE? Its seriously the best game out atm.

#3 10 years ago

STTNG

My reasoning:
MM is too close to AFM so that's out. You don't have a widebody so that narrows it down to TZ or STTNG. I think STTNG is a much better game than TZ so we have a winner.

#4 10 years ago

I'd vote for TZ to add variety to the collection.

#5 10 years ago

tz , because i dont have one

#6 10 years ago

Thanks riffbear, I do agree with you in that STLE is a rockin' pin and I am looking to add to it.

So you all don't have to click the little link, I have Monster Bash, Attack From Mars, Fish Tales, AC/DC Luci, and Star Trek LE. So I was thinking of one of the four mentioned above to add to these titles.

#7 10 years ago

Based on your collection I would go for TZ

#8 10 years ago

TZ or STTNG would be my recommendation, flip a coin between those two, both equally enjoyable, widebody and super fun.

Why wait on a MMr?

TAF is a fun game but slightly shallow as far as a wizard mode... but the mansion modes are surely a blast!

#9 10 years ago

If money were not a issue I would go with MMR because it simply is (atleast the original) one of the best pins ever. You have a really great collection and this would top it off IMO.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

If money were not a issue I would go with MMR because it simply is (atleast the original) one of the best pins ever. You have a really great collection and this would top it off IMO.

Same here, plus you get the added advantage of a classic title in a NIB condition! All new parts and new technology! It's a no brainer for me. You can't tell me that if someone were to remake Twilight Zone, or TAF, fans of those titles wouldn't want one of the remakes! I would like to have a MM, but I don't want a 17 year old version if I can get a new remake. Just my 2¢

#11 10 years ago

The bonus for TZ's is they didn't do well on route hence most have pretty nice play fields....

I'm quite hesitant that MMr's will be manufactured/shipped timeframe wise due to the emulating of the original board system. I could be wrong and hopefully I am for anyone that put deposits down.

#12 10 years ago

STTNG all day...... still better than STLE IMO.

#13 10 years ago

I would pick TZ because it is a cool game with a deep rule set. Good to have one of those around bit it's not for the non pinball party guest. It tends to be too hard for them.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from theke:

Thanks riffbear, I do agree with you in that STLE is a rockin' pin and I am looking to add to it.
So you all don't have to click the little link, I have Monster Bash, Attack from Mars, Fish Tales, AC/DC Luci, and Star Trek LE. So I was thinking of one of the four mentioned above to add to these titles.

Welcome..
Def go for TZ then. It will stir up more variety in your collection.

#15 10 years ago

Gotta say I was leaning towards a TZ and you all aren't making this easy. MMR is last with TAF a close third. I had a STTNG years ago and it is one of my all time favorites (warts and all). I think I'm gonna have to start looking for a good condition TZ,,,,,,,,,Pinmister? No apostrophe in warts for centerflank.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from theke:

Gotta say I was leaning towards a TZ and you all aren't making this easy. MMR is last with TAF a close third. I had a STTNG years ago and it is one of my all time favorites (warts and all). I think I'm gonna have to start looking for a good condition TZ,,,,,,,,,Pinmister? No apostrophe in warts for centerflank.

Two TZ's have sold here recently in the low $4's. Get it, and I'll trade you my TAF in a few years.

#17 10 years ago

Sounds like you still have a lotta love for STTNG, do you love TZ? Years back I had an AFM, MB and MM. If I were replacing one of those, it would be MM - love that game. Ultimately, there are definitely no bad choices here - all are great games on their own. Happy hunting. Go Broncos

#18 10 years ago

Top vote for TAF here....MMR would also be nice after that IMO

2 months later
#19 10 years ago

I have been on the prowl for a nice TZ, then for work I had some time in San Francisco where next to the hotel I stayed there was a Spider-Man in a movie theater arcade. On my down time I played SM and fell in lust with that machine, so much so I went over to GEX here in Denver and bought JJ's machine off of his showroom floor. Great guys to deal with BTW.

I added some cabinet decals, plastics, some LED strips, super-band's rubber and Cliffy's all around. I know this title is new to me but this might be my favorite game to play! My kids still love Monster Bash but Spidey is a close second for now.

So now I have to save up and replenish my TZ pinfund...maybe next year TZ...see you then.

image-998.jpgimage-998.jpg image-501.jpgimage-501.jpg
#20 10 years ago

Great collection!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-decide-new-title-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.