• Medieval Madness Standard 41 votes
    48%

(Multiple choice - 86 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9dee59ed3b5d83b1f6aadc25c5e0b4eda40767e9 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Hey guys,

I can’t sleep. I can’t drink .My heart aches and my head pounds me like a drum at work. I close my eyes and daydream about castles, dragons, trolls wizards and maidens. And when I go to bed at night my mind turns to wolfmen, mummies, vampires, skiing in a black lagoon, nuts ,bolts and a beautiful bride with an attitude problem.

I’m very anxious and living on the edge ! I’m desperate and need some way out of this predicament.

I need help deciding what pin to buy next:

Monster Bash Remake Or Medieval Madness Remake.

Here are some facts:

- I play pinball for fun and could care less about competitions.

- 90s kid

- I’m neither a hipster nor a snob

- I don’t foresee getting rid of any pins in the near future

- I only have room for one more machine. So I have to choose wisely

- I currently own 2 machines ( please read to get a psychological profile)

1. Ghostbusters Premium (Heavily Modded): I bought this pin based on all the targets, toys artwork and theme. I just wish that the code would take advantage of all the “hardware” capabilities. A fun game but a diamond in the rough.

2. Revenge From Mars : I love the novelty aspect of Pinball 2000. A very well thought out machine in terms of quality ( bulging capacitors aside) and assembly. Compared to Ghostbusters it didn’t require modding to overcome physical pitfalls). I also love the Alien theme and the Clinton era nostalgia. Not to mention the fact that it is very fun.

I have played MM quite recently and was blown away at how fun this game is. I played it as a kid and I immediately associated it with this “Are You Afraid Of The Dark?” episode:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5ahoth

Arcade closed and for many years I thought that this game was just a fever dream.

I also played Monster Bash as a kid and absolutely loved it. I love the theme, the Bash toys ( I love bashing stuff) and the easy to pick up but hard to master nature of the game. I haven’t played in a while but I remember being awesome. Or am I talking while wearing my nostalgia goggles?

#2 5 years ago

Not that this should be the sole deciding factor in your decision, but remember that if you want to buy your pin NIB, Medieval Madness is being discontinued. You should be able to buy Monster Bash for the next few years, so if you move to a place that can house more pins and you keep adding to your collection, you will be able to pick it up down the road.

#3 5 years ago

Please, please, please. End your sleepless nights.

Get one of each.

LTG : )

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from StupidJackpot:

Not that this should be the sole deciding factor in your decision, but remember that if you want to buy your pin NIB, Medieval Madness is being discontinued

Where did you hear this?

Between MM and MB I'd personally pick MM.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Where did you hear this?
Between MM and MB I'd personally pick MM.

Before they promo'd MB LE I would have said this too..but DAYAM the upgrades are nice. Wish they could go back and retrofit it for MM.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Before they promo'd MB LE I would have said this too..but DAYAM the upgrades are nice. Wish they could go back and retrofit it for MM.

T H I S

#7 5 years ago

Monster Bash if you loved it as a kid. Both pins are amazing.

#8 5 years ago

Be creative and find another spot so you can buy both! (Or get rid of Ghostbusters - you can always buy another one later if you miss it)

#9 5 years ago

Get mm now and there will be plenty of mb for sale for the next few years at good prices.

#10 5 years ago

I say get MM now as well. You can akways get MB later if you still want it.

If I were in your shoes I'd dump GB and get both.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Wish they could go back and retrofit it for MM.

We are still waiting on the MMr screen upgrade.

9dee59ed3b5d83b1f6aadc25c5e0b4eda40767e9 (resized).jpg9dee59ed3b5d83b1f6aadc25c5e0b4eda40767e9 (resized).jpg
#12 5 years ago

I have both. MM is one to get if you have to have either or.... You won't be sorry. MB is cool too but not on the same level as MM.

#13 5 years ago

I voted MMr too! It’s simply one heck of a great game.

#14 5 years ago

I have both GB and MMR, and have MBR on order. I am also hoping (and praying) that Stern turns GB into something great. That said, another option would be to buy MMR now, wait for the GB update (assuming the update occurs prior to the end of MBR production ), then reassess RFM, GB, and MBr.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from StupidJackpot:

Not that this should be the sole deciding factor in your decision, but remember that if you want to buy your pin NIB, Medieval Madness is being discontinued. You should be able to buy Monster Bash for the next few years, so if you move to a place that can house more pins and you keep adding to your collection, you will be able to pick it up down the road.

This is totally false. MMR is not being discontinued. They will stop the line in the short term, but it will always be produced in between games. Heck, when they release the new updated screen, buyers will be lining up.

#16 5 years ago

6k for the NIB MBr classic makes it an easy decision.

#17 5 years ago

I would wait patiently for Munsters.

#18 5 years ago

One thing to consider, I seem to recall that Chicago Pin has optimized their overall design since MMr, so I figure MBr might be easier to take care of and repair.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

One thing to consider, I seem to recall that Chicago Pin has optimized their overall design since MMr, so I figure MBr might be easier to take care of and repair.

I had a MMr on route with approx 8k plays, I never had a single problem, not one, and it still looked great. I route a lot of different makes of pins. The CG remake pin has been the most reliable, most consistent earning, least troublesome pin I’ve ever owned. You can’t go wrong with it!

#20 5 years ago

i have MMr, MB and AFM - I enjoy MMr the most of the three but cant go wrong with any of them.

#21 5 years ago

I have MM and MB
MM hands down

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

This is totally false. MMR is not being discontinued. They will stop the line in the short term, but it will always be produced in between games. Heck, when they release the new updated screen, buyers will be lining up.

Sorry about the mix up. When I ordered my MMr from Game Room Guys last year, I was told that CGC was looking to discontinue it soon after their next release. Glad to hear the guy I talked to was wrong! : )

#23 5 years ago

There's a reason why MM is always at the top.

#24 5 years ago

Sell ur GB, buy mmr and mbr...

Owning MB, got a decent amount of play on MM, hate the trolls and merlinlock, so I prefer MB. Still wanting MM one day to be honest.

#25 5 years ago

I prefer MBR gameplay and theme over MMR but they are both great games.

#26 5 years ago

DI. I have MMr, got stale fast.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 64.99
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-decide-monster-bash-re-vs-medieval-madness-re and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.