“TMNT pro or Deadpool pro?”

• TMNT pro 33 votes
    29%
  • Deadpool pro 73 votes
    63%
  • neither 9 votes
    8%

(115 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider madkao.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hi,
I have room for 4 pins. Currently I have Star Wars LE, JP2 Premium, AIQ premium on its way.

I am trying to decide TMNT vs. Deadpool for the last spot.

Any suggestions and comments? thanks!

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

i own DP Premium, SW comic premium and TMNT LE(AIQ premium on the way!). Id say go deadpool. You already have SW with shorter ball times and harder game. TMNT is a very tough game. Deadpool is not. DP will give you long ball times and would be a mix up from the others. DP was my first game, have had it 2 years and still play it all the time.

Very helpful insights! Thanks. Do you think the DP premium is worth the extra cost over the Pro? Thanks.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Boblabla:

I was deciding the same thing last week. Deadpool, Guardians, or Turtles. I went with Turtles. i think the art work looks awesome, the pro is loaded, and it looks fun! If Guardian’s didn’t have the ugly “old” Groot head as the center piece i may have been swayed that way. Deadpool is just too much red color everywhere. I’m just wondering if i will have buyers remorse if “back 2 the future” ever gets built, or if Led Z is as good as i think it might be.

Thanks for the helpful comment. You need to get Deadpool next to your Turtles as Christmas decorations lol.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

DP Premium and TMNT Pro are very different. I have owned both and would the second the reasons above. You have SW so go with DP for a great change of pace. The premium is the way to go in DP though.
No wrong choice here though.

Awesome. Thanks!

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

DP Premium and TMNT Pro are very different. I have owned both and would the second the reasons above. You have SW so go with DP for a great change of pace. The premium is the way to go in DP though.
No wrong choice here though.

Great suggestion coming from someone who owned both! Thanks.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I sold both last week to fund a new direction
Get tmnt if your a turtles fan or you like Ramps and flow.
Get DP if you like a unique layout with cool music, humor and crazy fun gameplay.
Honestly both are fantastic.
If I could only get one back....
DP has the slight edge for total package.

I think I’m leaning toward DP after all the comments. Thanks!

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I agree with everyone here. Based on what you have I think Deadpool will change it up a bit. They are both beautiful machines to look at, and both play great. TMNT plays faster and can cause frustration.
Coop in TMNT is fantastic though and if you play a lot of multiplayer then this combined with shorter ball times makes it awesome. If you have family members or friends that like to play (especially kids), then having coop to work together to get through the game is absolutely fantastic. My daughter and wife would never be able to play the mini wizard if we didn't play co-op.
In terms of call outs, music, humour and graphics - Deadpool is the best. TMNT isn't bad at all, it plays and sounds like a cartoon, but no real humour.
Shot layout, they both have unique and great flow. Hitting the katana ramp in DP never gets old. Getting a combo which includes the middle ramp and orbit, is a WTF moment in TMNT. Player and spectators go Whaaaaa!!!! I also like the way the mono targets are used in episodes to mix up the shots. They need to be hit in seconds, so no boredom with the mono targets, they have been used well in TMNT. I can't say which I prefer.
I do get further through DP, TMNT still destroys me on a regular basis. But I'm getting better.
For DP go for the premium, the extra orbit shot to the flipper is great fun. I also like the drops. There will be some that don't miss that on the pro, so there you go.

Thank you your comment is super helpful!
I do have 4 young kids ages 3,5,6 and 8. They don’t really play pinball but I think TMNT CoOp may be super fun for them. Thanks again.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Here's the thing. There has been a pinsider that has passed it on because their kids found it too difficult. It is definitely a machine not to have too steep. But if they like turtles, then coop could make this into a gateway game for your family. Each of you playing a different turtle is great as well.
My daughter is 15, she goes "hmph" at pinball. She currently has the grand champ score. Still doesn't play it regularly but if I say let's play she will roll her eyes and usually have fun. My wife is a run and gun when it comes to pinball. Hates cradling, just lets it rip. Her favourite games are AFM, DP, TMNT, NGG and TWD. She hated pirates and luke warm on TSPP. She can get some great combos going.
I can't say whether your family will love it, it will be tricky for the younguns, but you may get some great family experiences. No promises. If your family loves turtles, that does make things easier.
As a single player experience there is a lot to do in both games. Haven't finished DP, but I'm only an average player, and I just play each pin 2-3 times every other day. I don't play a pin for 3 hours trying to complete it. The levelling up in Turtles is great. Both have lots of combos and side quests/accomplishments. The code is better in DP at the moment.
Deadpool humour and call outs are family friendly as well. There is some harmless innuendo about his balls, but nothing to worry about.
I like having both. If I could only have one, at the moment it would be DP, but thankfully that's a choice I don't have to make. My opinion may also change with time.
EDIT: DP does have unicorns as well.... the premium backglass could be scary for the young kids, but if a concern then you can get a replacement pro translite for $100. Heaps have done this, I have not.
Good luck with your choice, and don't blame me!!! Seriously, both will sell easily if you decide to change in a few years. Go pro for turtles.

Thanks for the detailed post. Very helpful. If I get DP I’ll probably get a Pro. Thanks again!

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Boblabla:

I was deciding the same thing last week. Deadpool, Guardians, or Turtles. I went with Turtles. i think the art work looks awesome, the pro is loaded, and it looks fun! If Guardian’s didn’t have the ugly “old” Groot head as the center piece i may have been swayed that way. Deadpool is just too much red color everywhere. I’m just wondering if i will have buyers remorse if “back 2 the future” ever gets built, or if Led Z is as good as i think it might be.

Thanks. I need to look at more streams I think.

#22 3 years ago

Well. I decided to get both Deadpool and TMNT, and hold off on the AIQ. That solved the problem lol. Thanks everyone!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.95
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider madkao.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-decide-between-deadpool-and-tmnt?tu=madkao and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.