Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 141 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 days ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

istockphoto-1445782539-612x612 (resized).jpg
    Met (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220901-154251_Chrome (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0627 (resized).jpg
    977CC167-396B-4791-92CF-F7909EA4796B (resized).png
    C18E8B21-6EFD-4C38-B910-3A2DD8B305B4 (resized).jpeg
    1A9F92BC-F0FB-4F48-935E-9292549B73CF (resized).jpeg
    BD14C575-80AB-4C99-9322-951D58229160 (resized).jpeg
    2723F640-4EEB-4B7C-A2F0-50840344D7A8 (resized).jpeg
    98E9BA00-FEA2-4CFE-AFC9-79EC050272C7 (resized).jpeg
    6C9ABA34-DD10-46D8-B098-89D753E51AAA (resized).jpeg
    81F118C7-4980-45E2-B876-BC92BE9863B5 (resized).jpeg
    1*FzzJAP8O3x0_rcZLYJU76w (resized).jpeg
    3E069A7C-0B00-47D9-B05F-15A433D732DD (resized).jpeg
    There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 1 year ago

you can watch gameplay videos on all of them and then tell us what you like.

#102 1 year ago

Have owned all of them and MET is tied with Maiden as my favorite pins of all time.

I enjoyed ACDC a lot also, but it is a distant third in this contest.

GNR is spectacular to look at and listen to, but the gameplay got old for me pretty quick.

And for the record, I was not big into the music of Met or Maiden before I got the pins, whereas I grew up listening to ACDC and GNR.

For me it would be:

1. Met (or Maiden)
    2. ACDC

20. GNR

#103 1 year ago

I really want a MET, I have a Iron Maiden and an AC/DC premium. Played Metallica a bunch. I would vote Iron Maiden and then maybe Metallica. I love my AC/DC and it’s not going anywhere, I think it best when in a collection where you are not limited on space. It’s a fantastic change of pace pin for me. Plus of the 3 I enjoy their music the most.

Elwin had a lot of time work out kinks on Maiden (archer) and it shows, that’s why I would put that first, it’s just so enjoyable, his loops are great, ramps can be maddening..

#104 1 year ago

Start with a Metallica or AC/DC.

You can then trade for either other game if you've had your fill.

You're not locked into whatever you choose first. Play and decide for yourself.

I've owned all three and have my opinions....and if you can buy any of those games, so can you.

#105 1 year ago

Fat chance you’ll find one , but don’t count out KISS - love that game ! But like all have stated - buy the game YOU love regardless of any opinion on here . Personally I like all the rock pins but if you’re a fan or g a particular band that might be a great first pin for you because you’ll already enjoy the theme while you discover or refine your tastes in game play ( but not a JJ GNR for a first pin as others have also advised ) .

#106 1 year ago

I have owned all three and all three are my favorites. To me all three scream pinball. I have owned Acdc three times and it replaced Met. Gnr is on a whole different level it truly makes Acdc and met seem old. My non pinheads friends and family flock to gnr and my regular pinhead friends like Acdc and met better. It seems more of stern fanboys vs Jjp fanboys. You can’t go wrong all three kiss ass.
    Harley D.

#107 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

If Maiden has formally entered consideration, for me it'd be:

Maiden
    AC/DC
    Metallica
    GNR

Out of those pins, Iron Maiden for sure....

#108 1 year ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

By boring, I’m assuming the intense risk/reward, feeling of knocking in an applause for encore, completing an album mode for 50+ mil, increasing powerchord multipliers and cashing powerchord jackpots, choosing extra ball paths and cashing out songs or risk increasing your song jackpots and album levels, the pure Adrenalin of the music intensifying with each wave of jackpots, not to mention some cool ass 2-hit feel good combos and awesome repeating upper loop shot; just isn’t your thing? I’d hate to read your review on skydiving
    All joking aside; OP - Granted your new to the hobby, I would not recommend a JJP game for your first. They are quite delicate in needing continuous adjustments more so than sterns. Id personally recommend a stern pro and even try to push for an NIB as you’re most likely to have the least issues and have a warranty support team following it. Just be sure to choose reputable distributor. If music is your thing; go for a RUSH pro NIB - fantastic solid game and awesome band. If you insist on used MET or ACDC; again go for a pro for least likely to have problems coupled with easier to maintain and clean. Again, pick a reputable distributor or respected pinside me that takes care of their games so you don’t inherit a hog and have a bad first pin experience.
    Welcome to the hobby.

Well, a friend of mine owns the game. I spent 5 days in his house this summer and really tried to like the game, but no. Multiballs continuously gets tiresome really fast. The music doesn't do anything for me either.

If a game doesn't give me the "just one more ball" feeling then it doesn't matter how flashy it looks, how many lights it got or whatever.

#109 1 year ago

own all 3, Metallica, then ac/dc. Save your money on gnr, unless its the data east model.

#110 1 year ago

Easy for me to say not the new GNR. My AC/DC and Metallica get played much more and I’ve owned them longer.

Do you like T2 a lot? If so, AC/DC is T2 to the next level.

#111 1 year ago

ColoradoJordan If you want to venture down to Dirty T (Thornton) and play our GnR, let me know! We just got it, and while I'm still in the honeymoon stage, it's a blast! Multiballs need to be toned down but that's my only big issue so far, still a lot of fun to play.

Dan

#112 1 year ago

Metallica is way ahead of others IMO.

I’m surprised by all the AC/DC recommendations if this is going into a small (or single) collection. I owned an AC/DC pro for a short while. We love the AC/Dc music and found the game to be fast & intense, but it also seemed quite shallow and repetitious compared to other pins of the era. As much as we like the band & music, we bored of the game very quickly (shortest period of time I e owned any pin…and I have a decent sized collection ~20pins). Maybe we just weren’t good enough players; I don’t know…find the game extremely overrated.

Ive played Metallica probably on ~10 different occasions at various locations. It seemed awesome each time. I’d love to own one some day; wife isn’t a fan of the band but I think she’s coming around cause the game is so good.

I have only two games on GnR, and it bored me to tears. I was probably in wrong mindset for trying a new pin and didn’t try hard enough to understand any rules or why there was always so many balls on the playfield. It can’t be as bad as I’m thinking. It can’t be. Also…I do own a WOZ so I’m not a JJ hater by default.

#113 1 year ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

own all 3, Metallica, then ac/dc. Save your money on gnr, unless its the data east model.

Data east GNR all the way

#114 1 year ago

Thanks everyone for all the insight. I picked up a MET premium from Paddy-O in Parker, CO this past weekend. Stand up guy. All of his pins are immaculate. I'm having a lot of fun so far. It is an exciting hobby to enter from a newbie perspective.

Met (resized).jpgMet (resized).jpg
    #115 1 year ago
    Quoted from ColoradoJordan:

Thanks everyone for all the insight. I picked up a MET premium from Paddy-O in Parker, CO this past weekend. Stand up guy. All of his pins are immaculate. I'm having a lot of fun so far. It is an exciting hobby to enter from a newbie perspective.[quoted image]

That’s nice!!

Metallica has some of my favorites call outs.

#116 1 year ago

Congrats on the Beuty .Might as well keep this thread open you’ll be looking for another soon .I vote IMDN next

#117 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

Congrats on the Beuty .Might as well keep this thread open you’ll be looking for another soon .I vote IMDN next

I think you are right. Now how to convince the wife and stay married haha....

#118 1 year ago

Another thing to keep in the back of your mind is that you are only an hour from Lyons Classic Pinball (They have all three games you were considering). I also have a two year old, so I get the responsibility aspect. That said, they have a great selection of games from all eras for you to go enjoy.

#119 1 year ago
    Quoted from Apex:

Another thing to keep in the back of your mind is that you are only an hour from Lyons Classic Pinball (They have all three games you were considering). I also have a two year old, so I get the responsibility aspect. That said, they have a great selection of games from all eras for you to go enjoy.

We had a camper 20 min away from wizard world or Ft Wayne pinball .Man I miss that place .

#120 1 year ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Yea, G&R shouldn't be on this list for long term playability.
    AC/DC and MET are both great, you can't go wrong with either.
    Availability/affordability is probably your limiting factor here, so look for both and 'settle' for the first deal you can strike.

Actually the game gets better the more you play it.I had a nice Luci and the game was badass for about a year and then I wasn’t playing it anymore.GnR is one of those games that gets more challenging as you play it for a longer period of time.
    This is just my opinion so don’t bother to start with the shit!

#121 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

GnR if you want to be playing and all the sudden out of nowhere an extra ball is added my gosh you hit a switch so your in ‘throw the lights’ Multiball or some gods name other Multiball.
    Not to mention everything else is a Multiball and so you’ve got MB on top of MB.
    I can’t stand it for more than a few minutes at a time. I’d rather play TNA for example that’s almost a music pin by the way.
    I almost thought of picking up GnR LE because it was so local and cheap figured what’s the harm but then I remembered how much I don’t like it and decided to get CCR for the same or actually lower price.

So your saying GnR sucks Wow I thought you said you liked it in all the other JJP threads?

#123 1 year ago

AC/DC by a mile.

#124 1 year ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

So your saying GnR sucks Wow I thought you said you liked it in all the other JJP threads?

No, I said I don’t like it but since some people I who respect their opinions say it’s great, I was wondering if it’s worth buying. **** only since I see one for sale $2k off*** I’d never pay dealer price $11k. A bad pin at a great price can’t be that bad because it can always be sold. A great pin at a bad price is not always a deal. I want Tron LE but not for $25k or whatever someone paid for one.

If I was to get it for a deal might be able to get out if it doesn’t grow on me.

A lot of people get it and say it’s not the greatest and want to sell and there’s no market so they need to discount it. I would wonder what the floor price will be since they sold a lot and people do get tired and want to sell.

In another thread I said I’d probably keep my CC remake order rather than get the GnR LE for similar price (I can’t get both). And someone who likes GnR said CC was boring or would get old fast because it’s code was not as deep as GnR. But I have a dozen deep games already.

1 month later
    #125 1 year ago

Thanks everyone for all the insight. I picked up a MET premium from Paddy-O in Parker, CO this past weekend. Stand up guy. All of his pins are immaculate. I'm having a lot of fun so far. It is an exciting hobby to enter from a newbie perspective.[quoted image]

you scored on that one. I’m in Longmont if you get tired of it ping me first..

#126 1 year ago
    Quoted from Apex:

Update. GNR has left Lyons but they have all the others.

#127 1 year ago

Metallica then acdc and what? Not even close.

#128 1 year ago

AC/DC
    Metallica
    GNR

Music pins are my favorite to own and play and I own all 3 of these along with many others. I have to say that AC/DC is my favorite to play. As much as I love the band Gun's N Roses, I just can't get into the pin. I wish the songs would play through the whole game instead of just the concert modes. Its probably the most beautiful game I own, but one of the slowest game play ones that I have. I also hate the soft plung.

2 weeks later
    #129 1 year ago

My only gripe with acdc is the lack of mini wizard modes. It’s basically just a scoring based game, but I prefer goal oriented games and I’ll never get to encore. Metallica has the mini wizard modes, and spaced out and attainable just right. Gnr has great modes, so I prefer the rules of gnr and Metallica, but acdc is a serious adrenaline rush and just fun.

Also, I have all 3 and acdc would probably be the first to go if I really had to sell one, otherwise they’re all keepers for me.

#130 1 year ago

All of his pins are immaculate.

Immamaculate

1 year later
    #131 5 months ago

No GMR. What did you pick?

#132 5 months ago

AC/DC Premium by a mile not even close.
    • Great flow
    • Decent ruleset
    • Fun toys
    ––––––––––––––––––
    Metallica
    • Great shots
    • Great artwork
    • Great Mechs
    (Gets boring quick though or at least it did for me)

GNR (Proof is in the pudding there's a bunch on Marketplace that are sitting)
    • Too busy with colors/LEDS to know what to do
    • Multiball heavy
    • Playfield issues
    • Computer issues
    • Spongy flippers
    • IMO not that fun to shoot

But IMO Maiden exceeds these three pins

#134 5 months ago

I have both Metallica and ACDC next to each other. My answer would change depending when you ask. Today I say Metallica.

#135 5 months ago

Congrats!! Enjoy it. PS: get it re-powder-coated that orange is hideous bra!!

#136 5 months ago

lol. Met by a mile for me not AC/DC as a band is better than gnr but not the game . So for me met,gnr, AC/DC , play all 3 then decide yourself is the best answer!

Quoted from acedanger:AC/DC Premium by a mile not even close.
    • Great flow
    • Decent ruleset
    • Fun toys
    ––––––––––––––––––
    Metallica
    • Great shots
    • Great artwork
    • Great Mechs
    (Gets boring quick though or at least it did to me)
    GNR (Proof is in the pudding there's a bunch on Marketplace that are sitting)
    • Too busy with colors/LEDS to know what to do
    • Multiball heavy
    • Playfield issues
    • Computer issues
    • Spongy flippers
    • IMO not that fun to shoot
    But IMO Maiden exceeds these three pins

#137 5 months ago

1)Maiden
    2)Metallica
    3)AcDc
    4)GnR

#138 5 months ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

lol. Met by a mile for me not AC/DC as a band is better than gnr but not the game . So for me met,gnr, AC/DC , play all 3 then decide yourself is the best answer!

That's so weird that you feel the order is Met, GNR then AC/DC since you own Met & GNR.

In conclusion: Met is awesome the first 30 times then it gets real boring plus they're re-doing it soon!! Maiden or AC/DC for the win!!! Mic drop!
    istockphoto-1445782539-612x612 (resized).jpgistockphoto-1445782539-612x612 (resized).jpg

#139 5 months ago

also owned at one time. Maiden Pro,led zep premium, ACDC premium / only ones i miss are IMdn and ACDC , but i still stand by my ranking regardless of which i own. My GnrCE is for sale but still Rank it higher than ac dc . All taste's are diff. Mine is no more correct than yours. From a certain point of view-ObiWan

Quoted from acedanger:That's so weird that you feel the order is Met, GNR then AC/DC since you own Met & GNR.
    In conclusion: Met is awesome the first 30 times then it gets real boring plus they're re-doing it soon!! Maiden or AC/DC for the win!!! Mic drop!
    [quoted image]

#140 5 months ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

also owned at one time. Maiden Pro,led zep premium, ACDC premium / only ones i miss are IMdn and ACDC , but i still stand by my ranking regardless of which i own. My GnrCE is for sale but still Rank it higher than ac dc . All taste's are diff. Mine is no more correct than yours. From a certain point of view-ObiWan

Different times require changing it up. Tastes change & to your point once you owned eve though it may be top 100 material you're ready to move on & just rip on something new. Agreed!! There is no correct logical answer.

4 months later
    #141 35 days ago

I would love to see an Elwin designed tool pin.

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.