Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pb456
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Beat up TFTC or clean Time Machine?”

• Tales from the Crypt 27 votes
      79%
    • Time Machine 7 votes
      21%

(34 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190519_150356_resized (resized).jpg
    IMG_4625A (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pb456.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 3 years ago

I have a Time Machine and for the novice player it's really a blast. Great music and really draws them in. But if you have a memory of Tales from the Crypt, and want to have something more challenging, TFTC is a better game. That being said, just how clean is the Time Machine? If it's REALLY nice it would warrant the $2500 asking price. It has to have PRISTINE ramps and fantastic playfield with next to no planking. Backglass has to be original with mirrored finish, cabinet has to be fantastic.

You normally see a 6/10 to 7/10 TFTC for 3000-3500 on Pinside and other sources. I'd love to have one at some point, and have other DE games. Just haven't had the stars align yet.

Good luck with your search! Agreed at $4500 for the pair, IF WORKING, I'd do it. Top flipper in TFTC could be a busted wire or bad or maladjusted EOS switch (did they use those in TFTC?)...

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Time Machine is a great machine, set it for three ball, give it a little pitch and it will give you a run for the money! TFTC might be deeper but the theme just isn't for me. Owned my TM for 3 years now, just gorgeous, I would not sell it for $2500
    Been de-colorized since pics were taken.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

gdonovan

Did you get repro ramps? If so, source? Yours looks fantastic.

Love mine, bolted to the floor.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Original ramps!

Whoa.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pb456.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-decide-3?tu=pb456 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.