• 19 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Rum-Z
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

I have a chance to pick up

Dr. Dude or Diner for $1200 or should I save towards a Fishtales or White Water....I know the later two are alot more money....just looking for a fun game and one that I could add mods to down the road...

aprreciate your thoughts...

#2 12 years ago

Wow. I just bought a Diner so i guess I'm a little bias. And I like Dr Dude too.

I also have a WH20 but I've never played FT.

Thats a tough question... so I have to ask a tough question.

What one is the one you really want?

Think about that, and buy that one.

You will never be happy until you do.

#3 12 years ago

Between Diner and DD, I'd go with Diner. DD is okay, but it gets old fast. It's also probably a lot easier to sell a Diner.

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

I have a chance to pick up

Dr. Dude or Diner for $1200 or should I save towards a Fishtales or White Water....I know the later two are alot more money....just looking for a fun game and one that I could add mods to down the road...

aprreciate your thoughts...

How much space do you have? If you can only have one, you should wait for the FT or WH20 that you really want. Otherwise, get the pin you have the money for now, and use it to calm your fever until you save up again for a more expensive dmd. Two pins are always better than one!

#5 12 years ago

We just got a nice FT here locally for 1300$. Not much more expensive than the first 2 you are looking at. It's a great game.

WH2O will set you back a bit.

#6 12 years ago

Between those two? Diner. All the way. It's similar to taxi, except the game is a little easier but the art and theme are TONS better. It's an eclectic game, I look forward to finishing putting mine back together.

#8 12 years ago

Wow I feel like you just handed me your wallet and said "Here, spend my money" lol. I haven't played any of these machines so go to the ratings section and see witch pins are rated the highest maybe???

#9 12 years ago

I think it's a toss up but I agree with Gweempose the Diner will likely sell easier.

Here's Chris Bucci's Diner vid, which might sway you!

#10 12 years ago

If you are worried about selling.

2011 book values:

Diner - $1,625
Dr. Dude - $1225

I know these are just "guide" values but it's what I see IRL. Side by side, Diner is a lot better and worth more.

#11 12 years ago

If you have to have one now I would go with Diner. They are both pretty good Pins but Diner seems to be a little more involved and long lasting. Good luck with your decision.

#12 12 years ago

$1200 for a DD seems a bit high unless it's in really good shape. I have seen a couple of them around here go for less than $1000.

#13 12 years ago

Between the two I'd take Diner. Among all the choices, I think saving for a White Water is best. Diner is easy to sell, however, if you need to back out of it at some point to afford the White Water.

#14 12 years ago

I have owned WH20 and FT, played Diner a bunch of times. I have no experience with Dr Dude, but it does seem to be priced a bit high from what I remember seeing them sell for.
My thoughts:

Diner: Fun game. At that price, you should not have much trouble getting your money back. It seems like it would get old after a while, it would be #3 on the list of pins you listed.

WH20: Also a very fun game, however, I personally think it is over-rated. It is commanding much more $$ than the other 3 do. I had one with no topper, played really fast, but it could have used new ramps and boulders...big money investment if that is needed. I just didn't think it was a keeper.

FT: This is one of my favorite games and would be my choice from your list. Lots of neat objectives, great use of what at first appears to be a limited shot selection. Don't hold out for a non-faded cab, just pick one up with the topper and no playfield wear. You can cover any fish insert wear with decals if you need to. There is an easy fix for any reel issues.

Have Fun!

#15 12 years ago

I find the sounds on DD annoying so can't stand it-nuff said

#16 12 years ago

White Water is a classic. Very unique.

1 week later
#17 12 years ago

Woo Hoo! I got a White Water!! Playfield 9.5/10, Cab 8.75/10, complete with topper and all! $1400 I think I done good!

#18 12 years ago

You have done good. You could sell that for twice what you paid tomorrow. Hard machine to find.

#19 12 years ago

That does seem like a screaming deal. You did do good. Have fun with it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 169.00
Machine - For Sale
Gulf Shores, AL
Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-decide and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.