Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Tommi_Gunn
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I have 4 games currently at my house. I own more but they are at extended family. The 4 games I have at my house are ACDC LE, Tron LE, SM, and CSI. The first three are great and CSI is ok. I wouldn't mind it in a large collection but in a small group I would like something deeper with modes. So my question is what games go well with the first three? My budget is $4500 and my wifes rule is only HUO or collector quality type games in the house. I have a LOTR but she won't let that one in. I have Family guy I could also swap the CSI. Just looking for some other suggestions. Looking for something more mode oriented to compliment the other games. Will POTC work??? THe problem is I haven't played most of these games so it makes it tougher. Thanks, Mike

#2 11 years ago

Wish I had your problem dude. LOTR is the one I would choose to compliment your line-up!

#3 11 years ago

Thanks that is why I listed I had it because I knew everyone was going to tell me to get it.

#4 11 years ago

TSPP if you can't bring LOTR in....You need something with crazy depth.

#5 11 years ago

I'd go STTNG or IJ. Great mode games and something different.

#6 11 years ago

How long have you had CSI? I just added it to my small collection (SM, LOTR and Future Spa) and it is the perfect compliment so far. In time, though, trading it for a FGY or POTC or Avatar or BBH would be something I might look to do.

Maybe you could score a TF pro?

#7 11 years ago

I have had CSI for a year. It is not that I don't like CSI. I just would like something with more depth. Especially because ACDC and Tron aren't mode oriented. I would like to play Xmen but that is out of the budget I believe. THanks, MIke

#8 11 years ago

TZ is such a fun game and getting lost in zone is a blast

#9 11 years ago

I have bought many games based on the opinions of other pinheads on forums, and I have found that I have liked all that I have bought. If you do not like one, you have the security of selling it, so go for one that offers something you like.

You can look at the bang for buck list and get an idea of what that sum will buy you, but for the money and depth offered, TSPP and LOTR would be sure bets as others have mentioned. If you needed to feel that you completed a game after playing, both may frustrate you. If you aspects of a game without needed to "beat" it, then either would be a great choice. POTC is a very good game.

You might could find a very nice Shadow or Whitewater if they offer enough depth. TZ and TOM you might find in good enough condition to satisfy your wife.

Dan

#10 11 years ago

I love the looks of TOM. I have only played it once. THought it was cool but didn't really get to the point of understanding the rules (alot of modes and depth?). I think I might priced out on this one. IM'ed someone who was selling one locally and 6K was asking price.
    Before I wrote this thread the two games I was interested in were TOM and POTC. I know people would say TSPP but I don't know if I can get into that theme. But I like to hear others opinions, especially in a collection with the games I already have. Thanks, Mike

#11 11 years ago

Agree with Robertmee on adding TSPP (for another Stern), perhaps BBH, WOF, or IM--but you might consider adding some B/W titles, too.

With $4500 to spend, perhaps some titles like: WH2O, CFTBL, TZ, STTNG, NGG, BSD, TS, HSII, FT, or a CV (perhaps a bit more required on that one; perhaps not).

All fun titles.

Good luck in your search!

#12 11 years ago

I'd get either TSPP, IJ, STTNG, or CFTBL.

#13 11 years ago

I'd personally pass on TSPP. Owned it and while very cool depth wise, game felt toyish and if not into theme so much - pass. STTNG is one to look closer into. Own POTC and great family & friends theme, one I do bore of time to time.

#14 11 years ago

I think the best bang for your buck going right now is a TF. They are very under rated right now and some people are dumping them at low prices to get rid of them.
    Its a beautiful game and fun to play. I was able to pick up a TF Decepticon with less than 20 plays on it and FF speakers installed for only $4900. It was even shipped in the orginal box so it was same as new to me.

To me , a TF LE in that $5000 price area is a no brainer for some one wanting same as NIB games in there collection and by the way, if you do add a TF to your collection, you have to get the FF speakers, they make that pin rock.

#15 11 years ago

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-complete-my-collection and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.