(44 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 9 years ago

I need some advice on these 6 pins...I am looking

to choose one....They are in no particular order:

Terminator 2, Fish Tales, Jurassic park, Apollo 13, The Getaway and

Bram Stoker's Dracula...

Thanks and "Happy Holidays"

#2 9 years ago

My vote goes for Getaway because of cool gameplay and a great theme, and then Fish Tales. The Color DMD available for it really makes it pop.

Last place on my list is Jurassic Park. Can't stand the horrible sound / music quality. John Williams deserved better...

Later,
EV

#3 9 years ago

Hi EchoVictor,

Guess what. I just voted Jurassic Park before I even saw your comment. Ha-ha! I've enjoyed my time on JP, it's a reasonbly priced entry-level DMD pin, and if the layout wasn't so similar to Whirlwind, I probably would have gone after it by now. I can definitely get behind a vote for the Getaway, and to many-a-podcasters chagrin, Fish Tales. Both very fun with some inventive toys. Between your two choices it might come down to whether you'd prefer an adversarial pin (HS2, natch) or that classic Williams campy humor (FT). I know BSD is a popular one these days, and while Myst Multiball is just about the coolest multiball start in all of pinball, it aways felt a little light on shots to me.

Anyhow, I don't think you're gonna go wrong with any of these, Mercury. Good luck with the purchase!

Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#4 9 years ago

Fish Tales, BSD, then Getaway.....

#5 9 years ago

It's a hard choice between Fish Tales and BSD, but I went BSD. Behind those two I would say The Getaway.

#6 9 years ago

BSD, then Getaway for me, with the caveat that unfortunately I've never played a JP.

#7 9 years ago

Oh there are some good games on that list. I even own a couple of them currently (Getaway and BSD). And I think they are both wonderful for their own reasons. Getaway is just a fun romp around. Redline mania and super jackpots. Just a straightforward and fun game with easy to explain rules.

BSD is special to me. I love the game, and even when I don't play it for a while, I always have fun when I do. I keep mine setup tough, so getting the 30 million scores is difficult, but so rewarding when you do.

T2 and FT are both fun games. Out of the two of them I'd go T2, just because I like the shots better. But both are fun.

I'd put JP at the bottom just because I have never liked the feel of that game. It doesn't satisfy me enough to own.

Apollo 13 I know the least. I've only played it once, so my opinion really doesn't count for it.

So to me I need to suggest Getaway or BSD because I love them both enough to keep them. And overall I'm going with Getaway. It appeals to so many different people. When people come over they tend to gravitate to it, and explaining light the lights and run the stop light here is just easy to understand.

#8 9 years ago

Glad to see BSD on list. BSD is #1 out of the games you listed. It's better than most A-list games too. If you find one and don't like it, it will be the easiest one to sell because there is a little bit of a demand for this title.

#9 9 years ago

Oh come on....you missed Frankenstein !!! Its the best !!

#10 9 years ago

BSD is a high ranking pin, but I've always had a soft spot for JP. It does not necessarily have the lastability, but it's a lot of fun and I think it'll be easy to sell it and buy something else (e.g. FT, also fun)

#11 9 years ago

I have 14 pins up and running now and I LOVE playing getaway probably the most...just a fun pin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-choose-which-dmd-pin-to-own and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.