• Wizard 1 vote
    3%
  • Surf Champ 9 votes
    31%
  • Joker Poker (SS only) 10 votes
    34%

(29 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 9 years ago

I need some opinions as I try to choose among these 4 great MP pins...

They are Fast draw, Wizard, Surf Champ and Joker Poker (SS only)...

Thanks and "Happy Holidays".....

#2 9 years ago

No-brainer for me, FD.

#3 9 years ago

In order:

*Joker Poker- SS (Hands down the best and no draw backs here except it is an SS)

*Fast Draw - (Always thought the holes for the specials should have been a direct shot from the Flippers, instead of a luck shot) Still a great game though.

*Surf Champ - (the Spinner shot can get cut short because of the position of the pop bumper, not good) Still a good game overall.

*Wizard (way down on my personal list -cool art. so-so game play. just OK colors) - Good to have in a large collection (75+ pins)

Ken

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

No-brainer for me, FD.

+1

#5 9 years ago

Fast Draw for me too!

#6 9 years ago

Fast Draw and Joker Poker hold equal appeal to me. Both are excellent games.

Surf Champ and Wizard not so much.

#7 9 years ago

Never played Joker Poker (would like to) but I have Quick Draw (2-player version of FD) and it is a great game - feel it is much better than Wizard or Surf Champ. Of all the EM multi-players I have played/owned, I feel it is the best in terms of rule set, combination of drops targets + ball speed + top-to-bottom action.

#8 9 years ago

Having played them all...Surf Champ. The spinner action gives it the edge over Quick Draw and JP imo. Only multiplayer that's earned 'keeper' status with me. Non-stop action as both flippers can hit the 5 drops, 5 roll overs...and the spinner.

*JP was an Em.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

Never played Joker Poker (would like to) but I have Quick Draw (2-player version of FD) and it is a great game - feel it is much better than Wizard or Surf Champ. Of all the EM multi-players I have played/owned, I feel it is the best in terms of rule set, combination of drops targets + ball speed + top-to-bottom action.

joker poker (either the em or the ss version) is a great game... i'd love an em version, but they are cost prohibitive... i would like a nice refurbished ss one someday...

fwiw, i vote "4 single players"...

#10 9 years ago

Surf Champ, I want one too

#11 9 years ago

Joker Poker A great game and the SS version keeps up with all the scoring!
Surf Champ I have a Surfer 2 player
Fast Draw Excellent drop target game
Wizard The "flip flops" are crap Bally could have done better

Most of my collection are drop target games

#12 9 years ago

1 Surf Champ
2 Fast Draw
or nothing....

----------------------------------------------------

Wanted : Dead or Alive - In any condition
Gottlieb SPACE WALK
You find, you win : REWARD USD 500 !

http://www.facebook.com/kangourou.flipper?fref=ts

#13 9 years ago

Spirit of 76, great muliplayer game with great layout...

1 week later
#14 9 years ago

Surf Champ is the best multiplayer in my collection. The flow of the game is superb and if you can bounce the ball back to get all 5 star rollovers... it's a good feeling.
Joker Poker is a close second

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

In order:
*Joker Poker- SS (Hands down the best and no draw backs here except it is an SS)
*Fast Draw - (Always thought the holes for the specials should have been a direct shot from the Flippers, instead of a luck shot) Still a great game though.
*Surf Champ - (the Spinner shot can get cut short because of the position of the pop bumper, not good) Still a good game overall.
*Wizard (way down on my personal list -cool art. so-so game play. just OK colors) - Good to have in a large collection (75+ pins)
Ken

Agree completely with this breakdown... I've played all of them... a lot, other than Wizard, that looks cool but is a yawner.

#16 9 years ago

I only have SC out of this list but here is why I like it. Spinner, rollovers, drop targets (that reset), kickout hole, per ball multiplier that you have to earn, very cool art, extra ball.

#17 9 years ago

know it's not on your list but have you considered vulcan/fire queen?

#18 9 years ago

I vote Fast Draw, now buy a pin already!!

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

know it's not on your list but have you considered vulcan/fire queen?

My vote would also be for Vulcan.

#20 9 years ago

I played fire queen...Your right ..great game and I prefer its backglass to vulcAN.

#21 9 years ago

Surf Champ or Joker Poker. I'd probably lean towards Surf Champ. (from a Surfer owner)

#22 9 years ago

Too bad you are in NY, I have a Surfer for sale (Dallas area)

1 week later
#23 9 years ago

I like Fast Draw over Surf Champ. SC was a lot of fun, but I had them at the same time and liked FD better.
JP, I've played, but not enough to have a strong opinion.
Wizard! looks good, but I didn't love the gameplay.

#24 9 years ago

I like joker poker layout much better than the rest.. backglass is pretty too.

#25 9 years ago

Surf Champ. Great game. Great playfield. Great Artwork...PLUS it has a head the size of a 2 player for some reason instead of the skyscraper tall ones found on some later games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 7.50
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 22.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-choose-my-multiplayer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.