• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tron-guy-legacy.jpg
ACDC.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Hey guys and gals, Ive decided to fill the last spot I have available for a pinball machine. I have a few titles in mind, but would like to get some feedback before I drop $2k+ on a machine that I might end up hating. I am currently in possession of Pin-Bot, Bride of Pin-Bot, Jack-Bot and a virtual pin. I am looking for a machine that would compliment my lineup, as well as give me as much bang for my buck. I would also like as deep a rule set with as long a period of game play possible without getting bored. I have a pretty decent knowledge of basic repairs but would also like to get a machine that I will be putting alot more hours of play instead of maintenance into it. I also don't really have a price set in mind, however I am kind of squeamish on spending $10k on a machine when I currently only get to play my current machines maybe one or two hours a week.

So with that being said, here are the current machines that I have played on VP/location and really enjoy. Black Knight 2000, Black Rose, AC/DC (Love the band, Leaning towards Luci for obvious t&a reasons) Medieval Madness (Remake seems more cost effective), Stern Viper (Love the art and "rareness, not huge on the sound) 2002 Playboy, Big Guns, Dungeons and Dragons, Swords of Fury.

Thanks to all who take the time to read this, and especially those that respond and help me decide my next pinball purchase!

#2 10 years ago

TS. Still good value. Recent rules. Designed by AFM /MM guy.

#3 10 years ago

Not your question, but I would sell the Jack-bot or Pinbot and buy 1 or 2 new titles. If money is no object, look for a LOTR.

#4 10 years ago

Out of that list, AC/DC all the way. Especially if you want a deep ruleset.

#5 10 years ago

AC/DC is a great game. It appeals to non pinheads as well. And if you like the band, I can't see how you could go wrong buying one NIB.

#6 10 years ago

AC/DC premium models can be had at solid prices.
ACDC.jpgACDC.jpg

#7 10 years ago

Thanks all for the suggestions! Keep them coming. I do admit, I am an 80's kid and Pin-Bot is one of the first (if not THE first) machine I ever played, so they will be staying put due to sentimental value.

#8 10 years ago

Like Pen says, if not ACDC, LOTR is a great choice. Jackbot Pinbot are almost the same game, keep the bride and one of them and grab two titles.

#9 10 years ago

Slide a Popeye into that spot! Edit: better yet...Hardbody !!!

#10 10 years ago

ACDC. Any model. Shadows are had to find. I like my LW3 for value.

#11 10 years ago

ACDC Premium (Standard or Luci) version. Hands down! Call your distributor tomorrow, and pin will be at your door next week. Unbox it and enjoy. Any questions???

#12 10 years ago

I have a Big Guns and I love it, but it is about as far away from a deep rule set as you can get!

#13 10 years ago

you should try and find a POTC to play it is a good game

#14 10 years ago

I will definitely consider searching around for a few of these titles that I did not think of yet before I pull the trigger on any major purchases. I do have two questions since there is so much love for AC/DC.
1. Is there two different versions of Luci? i.e. standard and premium?
2. MSRP is $7699, yet there is a few from vendors on Epay already for $7095. I am assuming there's even better ways out there than Ebay of course. Anyone care to shamelessly promote there vendor/seller of choice by chance that can secure me a better rate?

#15 10 years ago

$7095 is still too high. You can buy a new ACDC Premium for $6-something, including delivery. You can buy a used ACDC for $5-something that is good-as-new.

#16 10 years ago

Black Knight 2000 is a bad choice if you want a long, interesting game. It's easy to master and a little too easy (when it's tuned a certain way) to play forever (repetitively).

AC/DC - Fun game, for sure. Buy the Premium, I feel the Pro is better suited to competitive play. Less bells and whistles on that one, it became boring to me when I had it. Although to be fair, I usually play more than a couple hours a week, so there's that.

Medieval Madness - Great game, good variety of stuff going on. Tough to get to the wizard mode. Super expensive though.

2002 Playboy - Easy game. But, it's fun, and cheap. You get what you pay for.

Dungeons and Dragons - Interesting concept, quite different from the average pin. Relatively short playing from what I have experienced though.

Swords of Fury - A good one. Lots of shot variety. May get repetitive though like some other System 11 games, when going for a high score it's all about the lock shot and multi-ball jackpot.

#17 10 years ago

tron-guy-legacy.jpgtron-guy-legacy.jpg

#18 10 years ago

last title? thats what they all say ..
anyway, check out LOTR

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from PinsideMike:

1. Is there two different versions of Luci? i.e. standard and premium?

There are two different versions of the premium. The original version and the Luci version, which is the newest. The only differences are cosmetic, so it comes down to which you prefer.

Then there is the pro version, which is the one that cost the least but is missing features the premium has.

Check them out here:

http://sternpinball.com/Games.aspx

Quoted from PinsideMike:

2. MSRP is $7699, yet there is a few from vendors on Epay already for $7095. I am assuming there's even better ways out there than Ebay of course. Anyone care to shamelessly promote there vendor/seller of choice by chance that can secure me a better rate?

MSRP is crazy. No one pays close to that. There are a bunch of vendors you can look up online and on pinside. Here are a few (I would recommend any of them):
JJ (gexchange on pinside)
Gio (Zdoor on pinside)
Mike (Pinballmike217 on pinside)
And you can look up cointaker as well and talk to melissa. Edit: Phone number is (570)847-9595

All of the above will give you quotes to compare.

Good luck!

Edit2: Those ebay prices are stupid too. Screw them.

#20 10 years ago

AC/DC Luci is about $6,700 shipped. If you are paying more, you need to keep shopping. You might even be able to do a bit better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

3,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Warrenton, VA
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 64.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-choose-my-last-title and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.