“Which game is best?”

• LAH 7 votes
    11%
  • JD 9 votes
    15%
  • The Shadow 45 votes
    74%

(61 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpsystem3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 10 years ago

I have owned (and sold) all three titles.

LAH - best "bang for the buck". 6 ball multiball, 3 sub-playfield magnets, TONS of "modes" to complete before wizzard mode. This one was made to compete with Addams Family (in terms of tech). The backglass is very ugly, but I have seen some nice alternative ones. Really can't go wrong if the price is right ($1500 or under is good on this one).

Judge Dredd - another excellent choice. Supergame (as mentioned by others) is a blast. If you like non-stop action, dredd is the way to go. There are no pop bumpers, and only one scoop, which means just about every shot flows to the next. Its a FAST game, I felt the modes left a bit to be desired. Expect to pay about $1800+ for a nice condition one. Plastic condition and cabinet fade are the biggest things to look for. Dredd should be GREEN on his gloves, that color often fades. Also, the logo should be deep red, not orange/white as seen on most faded cabs.

Shadow - probably the best of these three, also the most expensive by a long shot. The battlefield upper playfield is a blast to play - its like real-life brick attack. There are a lot of satisfying shots, and the player controlled ramp diverters add an interesting element to the game. I found the game modes to be slightly bland. The backglass is terrible, have seen a few decent alternative ones. If you go for shadow, make sure the 4x rings, 3x mongols and 2x Phurba's are present. If they are broken or missing, you will be hard-pressed to find replacements. Added bonus- CPR JUST redid the plastics for this game. Expect to pay $2500++

Budget is everything. If you can swing the money, go for Shadow. If you can't, go for LAH. If this is your first/only machine, go for Shadow or LAH. If you have other machines (depending on the titles), go for Dredd. I find Dredd compliments other games very well (especially DMD wide body games).

Hope that helps!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 18.95
4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpsystem3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-choose-lah-jd-or-the-shadow?tu=cpsystem3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.